Do we need reality TV like this?

Arcana

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/02/sonys-tester-mixing-worst-of-reality-shows-with-worse-job.ars

Playstation Network's "The Tester" - where contestants have to go up against each other in drama and singing contests to win... of all things, a Playstation Network Testing position.

Official web site

http://www.thetester.com/

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Why are we calling it reality TV?

Because it's utilizing actual tools who are classified as "humans" who got nothing better to do.

Seriously Sony you could have actually worked on making all PS3's compatible with your old PS2 library via patch or hardware update/trade-in instead but noooo it had to go with this shit.

Arcana, they're gameshows. There are contestants competing for a prize. The contestants are just persistent and turned into characters.

Was always interesting, even made bets with friends on which family would win whenever a show would come on. Got me a sweet $65 out of them bets back then...

Nick Arcade HOLY SHIT DID THIS SHOW EVER MAKE ME RAGE AT HOW UTTERLY STUPID THEY WERE.

Where's the fun these days..? :sad:

Arcana, they're gameshows. There are contestants competing for a prize. The contestants are just persistent and turned into characters.

IT'S A REVOLUTION DARKESWORD

They put two and two together, just like video games did in the 90s.

"Fun game.... but people like story, too!"

So they mashed up the game with the story with the characters and ta-da! Reality TV!

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/02/sonys-tester-mixing-worst-of-reality-shows-with-worse-job.ars

Playstation Network's "The Tester" - where contestants have to go up against each other in drama and singing contests to win... of all things, a Playstation Network Testing position.

Good God, what happened to filling out an application to get a fucking job?

I think being a video game tester might sound like fun, but if I have to go through all this bullshit, its not worth it imo.

Right. Anyone who was actually interested in pursuing (their fantastical notion of) the job has already investigated it and had their hopes dashed. Doing a show about it is moronic.

Edit: I guess that's not what the show is about at all. Just your usual run-of-the-mill 'reality' crap. Nevermind.

Remember when reality shows were called gameshows?

Back when we were wild and crazy kids?