OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

I'd be totally down for some Prop Hunt. Is it something we have to download and install ourselves, or is it entirely server-side?

As far as scheduling, pretty much everything but Saturday night works for me. For something like this, I'd recommend leaving it up on one of the servers for a weekend or so, but still have a specific time for people to jump on and try it so we know we'll have a full server at least once.

I'd be totally down for some Prop Hunt. Is it something we have to download and install ourselves, or is it entirely server-side?

All server side other than maps.

On an unrelated note, I've disabled halloween mode on Mann Manor and Harvest Event. I don't know about Harvest, but Manor is crashing with it enabled (and mind you, this is using Valve's way of doing it, not the plugin I wrote. The plugin was working correctly.

Hey! I Haven't beaten Deus Ex yet goddamnit! Some of us like to savor the flavor and not just scarf it all down!

I'm already going for seconds. OMNOMNOM

I forgot to mention, it'd be helpful if people would say when a good time is for events for them.

I'm good for events anytime pretty much.

OK, take two since my browser decided to swallow my previous message.

After consulting the oracle, or rather, talking to people on AlliedModders, I found out that the Halloween map crash is due to when I'm switching Halloween mode on.

Apparently, setting tf_forced_holiday 2 in cp_manor_event.cfg causes it to not load the Horsemann model and sounds, which causes the server to crash when the Horsemann appears.

The fix? Bring back my plugin, which changes the holiday mode as soon as the server begins changing maps.

OK, take two since my browser decided to swallow my previous message.

After consulting the oracle, or rather, talking to people on AlliedModders, I found out that the Halloween map crash is due to when I'm switching Halloween mode on.

Apparently, setting tf_forced_holiday 2 in cp_manor_event.cfg causes it to not load the Horsemann model and sounds, which causes the server to crash when the Horsemann appears.

The fix? Bring back my plugin, which changes the holiday mode as soon as the server begins changing maps.

You mean Valve isn't angelicly perfect?

D:

My world has been shattered...

BTW I changed my screenname to [MLP]Fluttershythemaster. I hope I can do that :/

New update

An optional update for Team Fortress 2 is now available. Please run hldsupdatetool to receive the updates. The specific changes include:

- Added a checkbox to the Advanced Options dialog that will hide the HUD during freezecam screenshots

- Added a checkbox to the Backpack dialog that will colorize items based on their quality

- Fixed a server crash exploit caused by invalid player viewangles

- Updated the color used for Strange quality items so it doesn't conflict with the color used for Unique quality items

I'm going to update the servers shortly because of the crash fix. Being an optional update, it won't be automatically applied to servers.

Edit: For reference, the new color for Strange items is bright orange, as opposed to the light orange they used to be.

As far as scheduling, pretty much everything but Saturday night works for me. For something like this, I'd recommend leaving it up on one of the servers for a weekend or so, but still have a specific time for people to jump on and try it so we know we'll have a full server at least once.

Oh, right, I forgot to mention, you can get a heads up on Prop Hunt by downloading the Prop Hunt Resources zip file and then copying the maps and sound directories from it to your TF2 folder. That's C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\[steam account]\team fortress 2\tf on Windows 32-bit and C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\[steam account]\team fortress 2\tf on Windows 64-bit. Mac users will have to figure it out on their own (sorry). Otherwise, you can just wait for the server to push the maps and sound files to you.

I've got the server all set up, so whenever we decide to have it, it should be ready. Barring any TF2 updates, that is.

Maps are currently limited to 20 minutes on Prop Hunt.

I think having it available all weekend is a good idea. Likely, I'll kick it off next week on Friday afternoon when I get home from work.

I forgot to explain how Prop Hunt works.

As BLU

The BLU team can play as Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Engineer, Medic, or Sniper.

BLU team members lose health every time they fire their weapon. BLU Engineers cannot build sentry guns. Most non-default weapons have been nerfed in some way. Some weapons, such as the Medic's Solemn Vow, are completely disabled. The Shotgun has unlimited ammo, but only a 2 bullet clip. This is to discourage your use of it. Flare Gun is unaffected.

Killing a RED player (as BLU) will restore your health to full.

As RED

The RED team plays as Scouts. When the round starts, RED team players will be transformed into a random prop, although you can change props at any time using the /propmenu command. What props are available depends on the map, which is a good thing, because it means you can't choose things like Egyptian pillars on a Lumbermill map.

Left-click to "lock" your prop so that it doesn't turn when you turn your camera. This is helpful so you can look around for approaching BLU team members.

Right-click to switch betweeh first and third-person modes. RED default to third-person, so you can see how your prop looks.

Most Prop Hunt maps have water somewhere on them.

RED team has 30 seconds to hide before the round begins.

RED team cannot attack most of the time.

When RED is down to one player left, a sound clip plays. The last player can then use their weapons to fight back if they so wish. Additionally, BLU team is permanently jarated at this point.

For Both

Health is scattered around the various maps. Additionally, the control point will heal you when you touch it (regardless of your team), but only if you haven't touched it recently (the game will tell you when you can use it again).

Some props are large, while some are small. They vary from large rocks to a small healthkit.

TL;DR Type !help in game and it'll tell you how to play. The Outpost (64.94.238.63:27016) seems to have a setup similar to how I'm setting it up, if you want to try it before we set it up.

Note: You may want to unequip your Scout hats, as there are conflicting reports of them appearing over your prop.

So the little test we had was amusing, but for some reason my computer was taking forever to download the next map so I decided to cancel after waiting for about 15 minutes.

A fun diversion, but I can't see myself playing it too rigorously.

It helps if you download them all up front. I linked to that a few posts back.

Well, I worked out a few minor issues, and I think some people had some fun anyway.

Actually, I could just leave RED as Prop Hunt for the week, unless someone really wants it switched back.

Sadly, the /help command doesn't appear to work...