Sign in to follow this  
FireSlash

OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

Except I was dying as a pyro at full health, which is 175 hp. I made sure, he really was one-hit killing me.

Valve doesn't fix games, they break em.

Valve-Gabe-Newell.jpg

So here's a fun TF2 story. I was happy to see that everyone's present was a freeibe key, because I have no intention of ever buying one of the damn things. I decide to use it on my Winter Crate for the hell of it, instead of one I have lying around with a few hat possibilities, and I wind up with A Rather Festive Tree. Cool stuff. I then wind up getting another Winter Crate, which I trade to my brother. Now my brother just started playing TF2 this week, as I finally nagged him into buying the Orange Box during a recent sale. So he uses his key, opens up the crate...and gets an Unusual Flipped Trilby with the Vivid Plasma effect. Best of all, the bastard didn't even know what was significant about it until I gasped over it, and he doesn't even care all that much in the long run. So yeah, that was my night.

(Though on the plus side, I did have a Whiskered Gentleman drop for me today, so it wound up being a pretty good day as a whole.)

Yeah it can still do upwards of 270 damage with a full targe, and without like 130 or someshit.

From the tf2 wiki:

Damage on first use (Explosion)

* Base: 185 (180 to 190 damage)

* Mini-Crit: 250

* Critical Hit: >450 (will kill any target directly hit, even fully overhealed Heavies)

So here's a fun TF2 story. I was happy to see that everyone's present was a freeibe key, because I have no intention of ever buying one of the damn things. I decide to use it on my Winter Crate for the hell of it, instead of one I have lying around with a few hat possibilities, and I wind up with A Rather Festive Tree. Cool stuff. I then wind up getting another Winter Crate, which I trade to my brother. Now my brother just started playing TF2 this week, as I finally nagged him into buying the Orange Box during a recent sale. So he uses his key, opens up the crate...and gets an Unusual Flipped Trilby with the Vivid Plasma effect. Best of all, the bastard didn't even know what was significant about it until I gasped over it, and he doesn't even care all that much in the long run. So yeah, that was my night.

(Though on the plus side, I did have a Whiskered Gentleman drop for me today, so it wound up being a pretty good day as a whole.)

That... *sucks*. Some of us have been opening tons of crates and never getting unusuals, and someone new opens one with a free key and gets one? >:/

I can't WAIT to see Brushfire's reaction to this.

er... but congrats on the Festive Tree and Whiskered Gentlemen.

That... *sucks*. Some of us have been opening tons of crates and never getting unusuals, and someone new opens one with a free key and gets one? >:/

I can't WAIT to see Brushfire's reaction to this.

er... but congrats on the Festive Tree and Whiskered Gentlemen.

snapshotofme1k.png

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~!!

Lets give Demoman a suicide weapon that can insta-kill 6 of 9 classes at full health. The downside will be HE GETS HURT TOO! Which once you're in melee range that doesn't really matter!

I hope a Festive Crate drops for me before it's all over. So I can use the free key on it instead of a standard. I want a tree hat :D

People were telling me that my tree hat was acting weird on a different server I was on yesterday, so I stopped wearing it.

I got the Festive Tree hat for my first crate.

In fact, to date, of 4 festive crates I've opened, I've gotten 3 hats...

People were telling me that my tree hat was acting weird on a different server I was on yesterday, so I stopped wearing it.

I got the Festive Tree hat for my first crate.

In fact, to date, of 4 festive crates I've opened, I've gotten 3 hats...

I got a JAG with my free key. FFFUUUUUUUU-

Yeah, mine was spazzing out and vibrating like crazy too. I'm guessing it's supposed to be jiggle-boned, but the bones broke.

And I'm sure my brother will get a kick out of the reaction to his hat. :P He was even trying to hold it over my head today, though I'm not exactly broken up about it.

For those of you who didn't see it on the Steam news, the Mann Co. Store is having a hat sale, this weekend only.

Of course, if you don't buy things from the Mann Co. Store, this news is totally useless to you.

Reminder: Hats purchased through the Mann Co. Store are not tradeable.

When we were cleaning up some extra files, we accidentally blew away one of the directories that had some of the HL2 Shared files in it that are required by TF2.

BLU and RED will be back up shortly, as we're copying the data from the event server.

Damn, I'll have a lot of catching up to do once I get back to a decent computer again. (Just two more weeks...)

Also, I officially want Le Party Phantom. That thing is classy.

It looks strange when combined with the Fez (because the Fez has sunglasses)... but otherwise, it is classy.

It looks strange when combined with the Fez (because the Fez has sunglasses)... but otherwise, it is classy.

I'm torn between wanting to wear it all the time and screw the clipping issues with the Fez, or reserve it for when I'm not a Saharan Spy. Decisions...

I got a Flipped Trillby from my festive crate! I feel it's worth noting that this is the only non-event hat I have, because the hat gods hate me. And it appears to be broken -- in-game, it's an eye-searing white instead of its normal color. I have no idea if I got a painted one somehow, or if it's just bugged.

It's still the best scout hat, though.

I'm torn between wanting to wear it all the time and screw the clipping issues with the Fez, or reserve it for when I'm not a Saharan Spy. Decisions...

I wear mine all the time.

I got a Flipped Trillby from my festive crate! I feel it's worth noting that this is the only non-event hat I have, because the hat gods hate me. And it appears to be broken -- in-game, it's an eye-searing white instead of its normal color. I have no idea if I got a painted one somehow, or if it's just bugged.

It's still the best scout hat, though.

Really? Mine looked more of a yellowy white the last time I checked.

Also... best Scout hat? Whatever you say...