Sign in to follow this  
FireSlash

OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

Screw achievements and screw hats. I could care for less on the whole trading business, though I admit I benefited to getting that Powerjack. I just play for fun... and get ticked off when half my team is trading.

Oh yeah, we should have a vanilla TF2 day. It'd be fun watching spies used to the deadringer not being able to use it.

Ergh, given the current list of objectives, I'm revising my expectations... I'll definitely get the first treasure hunt hat, but the second is... iffy.

Ergh, given the current list of objectives, I'm revising my expectations... I'll definitely get the first treasure hunt hat, but the second is... iffy.

Word. I was hoping for achievements from some "classic" Valve games, as well. I don't have New Vegas and already spent a chunk of change on Thanksgiving sales and don't wish for too many new things. I do like, though, that the first objectives have been stupidly easy so far.

EDIT: PS I have extra copies of Half Life 2 and HL2: Episode 1 to give away. I'd expect that most people already have these but if anyone wants either, tell me now. I also have a copy of "Time, Gentlemen, Please!" up for grabs that I tried to gift to a friend who never received it. Excellent little point-and-click adventure, that one is!

Duly noted for future reference.

To give a quick synopsis of what was happening and while the flight data is still there, go to tick 95000, start playing, then go to the landing between pipes under BLU base.

This is at about game-minus 06'38".

Shortly before that, I was carrying the intel, but met an unfortunate demise.

"Tetsumaru" picks up the intel at about game-minus 06'30", then proceeds to carry it throughout the map.

At some point, I ask someone to kill him because of his antics.

He makes it to BLU base at game-minus 20 seconds.

He kills a RED soldier. Shortly thereafter, I arrive.

Game-minus ten seconds is called.

About a second or so later, I bark at him to "Cap the damned intel already and have it over with!"

He complies, likely feigning meekness.

It was during this time, I had popped Paranoid Drone the heads-up about this event.

--Ian.

Oooh, I'd definitely be interested in the HL2/Ep.1. Always wanted to pee my pants in Ravenholm. :3

I haven't seen achieves for a single game I'd be willing to pay for. Even the cheeap ones just don't seem that interesting. Hoping at least a couple of the games I got over Thanksgiving show up, but not looking all that likely...

Note: If you have 5 or more achievements, you can already unlock the first hat on the Treasure Hunt page... and you can upgrade it later.

Oh, and the UnderGarden thing apparently allows the demo to be used for it.

I bought Chime because it seemed like it could be fun. Haven't played it yet because I forgot to yesterday. Too much TF2 fun.

I've had AAAaAaAaaaaa for ages though. Need to get on that one.

Speaking of hats...

masquebu8.jpg

Seen a plague doctor mask before on the polycount forums but I'm guessing it was just for shits and giggles.

pirate_fortress_2_by_fenomena-d2xlnfj.jpg

Speaking of hats...

masquebu8.jpg

Seen a plague doctor mask before on the polycount forums but I'm guessing it was just for shits and giggles.

That is so fantastic. It's just so bizarre, it's incredible!

More on the subject of hats

Never played Killing Floor and it reminded me of the survival/horde mode on a DOOM II custom WAD. :lol:

That's an amazing trailer.

TF2 decided to troll me again and gave me a Baseball Bill's Sports Shine. Which I promptly crafted with some of my other hats until I got one I'm vaguely interested in. (Physician's Procedure Mask) Although I'd have preferred Ze Goggles...

I guess with so many hats now it's inevitable that I don't care about most of the ones I receive.

TF2 decided to troll me again and gave me a Baseball Bill's Sports Shine. Which I promptly crafted with some of my other hats until I got one I'm vaguely interested in. (Physician's Procedure Mask) Although I'd have preferred Ze Goggles...

I guess with so many hats now it's inevitable that I don't care about most of the ones I receive.

You can easily trade the mask for zee goggles if you want. It's in considerably higher demand. Especially now that zee goggles can be found in a crate.

I've only cared about three hats, really: The Ushanka, which I got as a random drop (woot). The Safe'n'sound, which I bartered for and love to death. And the Familiar Fez, which I recently crafted. Everything else is just decoration. 8-)

Folks, remember, this isn't a Steam Treasure Hunt thread, this is a TF2 thread. There's already a topic for the Treasure Hunt. Posts have been moved to the appropriate thread.

I wouldn't mind getting the fez since if I ever play spy I can see myself actually using that silent decloak thing. Other than that and my milkman, I really don't care about any hats.

I wouldn't mind getting the fez since if I ever play spy I can see myself actually using that silent decloak thing. Other than that and my milkman, I really don't care about any hats.

THE FEZ MAKES SPY SO MUCH MORE FUN SQUEE~

Seriously, it's like a breath of fresh air. Then you realize that the extra flicker time makes you visible for longer than the attack interval on most weapons with the IW/C&D and with the DR you're Captain Obvious. (Oh, a Spy with a Fez just died without a disguise. I WONDER IF HE'S A DEAD RINGER, HMM?) The fun factor is still amazing once you get that first disguise though.

THE FEZ MAKES SPY SO MUCH MORE FUN SQUEE~

Seriously, it's like a breath of fresh air. Then you realize that the extra flicker time makes you visible for longer than the attack interval on most weapons with the IW/C&D and with the DR you're Captain Obvious. (Oh, a Spy with a Fez just died without a disguise. I WONDER IF HE'S A DEAD RINGER, HMM?) The fun factor is still amazing once you get that first disguise though.

And yet it seems to work against a lot of people... even Frogg.

Probably because the decloak is all but completely inaudible.

Yes, but my point is that he doesn't always look for you.

Unfortunately, it also means you're using the pop-gun and not the Ambassador, and since Frogg tends to run away using the GRU when he has low health...

Folks, remember, this isn't a Steam Treasure Hunt thread, this is a TF2 thread. There's already a topic for the Treasure Hunt. Posts have been moved to the appropriate thread.

We were discussing it in this thread before the Treasure Hunt thread even existed. Scroll back a few pages to see it, or just follow this link.