[mini-project] Earning The Crown (WIP DUE AUGUST 1st)

Capa Langley

earningthecrownsig.jpg

I've had this idea for quite a while now and Sixto Sounds has agreed to help direct.

Co-Directors: Capa Langley, Sixto Sounds

Artwork: Rambo & bonzai

PROJECT FORUM: http://kngi.org/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=80 Please make an account there if you haven't already. Let me know, or post there, so you can be given access to the private discussions.

After the defeat of Bowser by the hands of Mario and Luigi, the Koopa Kingdom is in turmoil as it tries to fill the empty seat of the throne. Seven odd-looking Koopalings have attempt to take it for themselves. Unfortunately, the kingdom cannot be easily swayed in each of their favors. Kamek devises a contest to find an heir through the winner. The seven Koopalings will have to compete using their musical talent!

A remix project using their battle themes from the Super Mario universe!

Sources:

Super Mario World:

, SPC (track 21a)

Super Mario Bros 3: YouTube, NSF (track 22)

Larry Koopa

A gamer at heart and a playful Koopaling. Larry wants to plunder the land with video games. He'll even resort cheating to win the contest.

Entry: Chiptune/Electronica

Personified by: k-wix/Suzumebachi

Morton Koopa Jr

Morton doesn't know quite what to do so he lets loose and growls. Maybe some day the kingdom will enjoy the recklessness he enjoys.

Entry: Power Metal

Personified by: Dual Dragons

Wendy O. Koopa

Many call her the black widow. Incidently, Wendy is rather soft-hearted and only wished her adoration for her father was mutual. She pours her heart out with her song hoping it would win the hearts of the kingdom. Or so we are to believe.

Entry: Indie Folk/Pop (female vocals not required but would like to hear some)

Personified by: AkumajoBelmont

Iggy Koopa

Iggy likes machines. Iggy also likes being crazy. Iggy hopes one day everyone could see all the colors that he sees.

Entry: Acid Jazz

Personified by: zyko

Roy Koopa

Tough. Handsome. Cool. The image every Koopa in the kingdom must have. Roy will bully the entire kingdom to kiss the ground he walks on.

Entry: Turntables/Hip-hop

Personified by: Dj Mokram

Lemmy Koopa

A rather immature Koopaling. He plans to turn the entire kingdom into a circus. Lemmy believes everyone should be having fun instead of working.

Entry: Baroque/Carnival

Personified by: Abadoss/Alexis

Ludwig Von Koopa

A classical genius whose ideal is to rule with tyranny. Ludwig enters the contest with full faith he'll win.

Entry: Piano Sonata

Personified by: pu_freak

*BONUS TRACK

Sub Castle Theme by Sixto Sounds & Capa Langley

1st WIP deadline: August 1st 2011.

Not to jump the gun, or whatever that means, but here's a dream line-up I would have made:

Larry Koopa - halc (or suzume *hides*)

Morton Koopa Jr - Meee

Wendy O. Koopa - diotrans / Flickerfall

Iggy Koopa - Joshua Morse

Roy Koopa - Liontamer, The Scuba Divers

Lemmy Koopa - Vampire Hunter Dan

Ludwig Von Koopa - Shnabubula

I could see it working better with the battle theme from Mario 3, to be honest. Maybe this could be expanded to that theme as well?
I really like this concept, although personally I would have gone with the boss theme from Super Mario Bros. 3

I guess Kyle and I will be doing the follow-up to this project when it's done, eh? :razz:

that was a joke plz don't hurt me