OCR Music Video Challenge 2 deadline announced + LAOS Blooper Reel!

The Biznut

Ladies and Gentlemen:

The first ever OCR Community Music Video Challenge was awesome, Contributions from BrandonS, diotrans, Less Ashamed of Self, Chernabogue, ProjectSpam, and some Biznut chump each brought something uniquely cool to the table. Every entry was worth the price of admission; The IRC viewing party was a slight gong show, which was totally great; altogether I was totally thrilled with the event in every way. If you didn't see the vids, or just want to relive the dream,

I promised that we would do this again, and so my friends, in lieu of my recently finished final exams and the exceedingly beautiful weather; with slushie in hand, I proudly announce to you:

OverClocked ReMix Music Video Challenge 2: Video HARDER!

This is a community event, so anyone and everyone is once again welcome and encouraged to participate! All you gotta do is:

1. Pick an OverClocked ReMix

2. Create a music video before the event deadline

3. Have a blast watching everyone's entries at the viewing party!

And this time you have 4 months to do it! The deadline / viewing party will be on SUNDAY, AUGUST 29th @ 9PM EASTERN TIME.

"The only way to lose is to not participate" ~just64helpin

Guidelines for this event for those interested in entering, along with actual event discussion event ideas/execution/etc. can be found here.

NOW ON TO THE GOODIES!!!

Less Ashamed Of Self's entry in the last Music Video Challenge was a real treat. A lot of time and effort went into his entry, and it showed; surprising a lot of people, including myself. Luke has prepared a blooper reel of his music video for "Dreaming Still" as a promo especially for this announcement, because he knew you would ignore it otherwise! So check yo' self and then check out the bloopers

Huge thanks to LAOS for that blooper reel promo and eager interest in this event. Luke will definitely be preparing a music video this time around, as will I, and while I can't promise I will have a shirt on this time, I promise it will blow your mind!!! Lets make Round two even bigger and better, I'm looking forward on seeing all of your videos along with ours in 4 months time!

Biznut out.

Somehow the first video challenge came and went without me being aware of it. :-P That being said, I just finished watching LAOS's entry, and I am amazed at how well shot/sweet/sad it was. You and everyone involved should be very proud. Is there any place where all the other vids are collected? The link in the post leads to the blooper video.

I would love very much to be a part of this competition. I do a bunch of work involving video filming/editing, and I think this would be a fun way to improve on my skills. I've already had a gut-reaction to what ReMix I'll be using, but I'll give it a few weeks of thought just to be sure.

I fixed that first link Murmeli Walan, It should take you to the youtube playlist now.

You aren't alone either, there were a few others I know who would have loved to do something but they never knew about it. This time should be different.

I know for me personally, it was a total blast both making my video and seeing all the other entries. I am sure this time will be just the same. I'm glad you are interested!

I think the playlist link is still wrong, it takes me to the playlist page in my account.

"The only way to lose is to not participate" ~just64helpin

I believe that's paraphrased from the compo:ThaSauce motto, which I adapted from the days when I was being instructed in the ways of jazz improvisation; after giving up half-way thru a tragic solo my teacher encouraged me with "The only wrong note is the one you don't play."

So I'm hoping everyone able will be encouraged to participate.

cheers.

I got worried when I saw this thread... until I read:

The deadline / viewing party will be on SUNDAY, AUGUST 29th @ 9PM EASTERN TIME.

YEEEEEEESSS!!!

After horribly missing the last contest's deadline (because I didn't start), I will definitely be making it this time. Even if I don't start until August (which is quite likely), I'll make sure to have something good =D