OCR02085 - Xenogears "Quickening"

djpretzel

Xenogears: Humans + Gears is the best album that OCR ever released for me so far (from a game that I never played before till recently after I listen to this album). There are many outstanding tracks but if I have to be picky this track, When the Smoke Clears and the Treasure That Must Be Seduced are the highlights of this album for me.

I loved the quiet emotion in this. It captures that sometimes simple is the best way to approach things. There is nothing flashy going on, and it doesn't need it.

The playing has a lot of emotion, and the backing synths/strings really add to the overall product. Great work, especially since it was done in such a short time period!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This reminds me a lot of what might play over the credits for an anime film specifically Hayao Miyazaki's. But I don't think I ever noticed just how emotion is packed into the the Xenogears soundtrack, and this mix seems to just highlight that. This is definitely nostalgia made into song. Bittersweet nostalgia.

I listen to this every night before I go to sleep.

Heh, I have an entire playlist of mixes that I listen as I go to sleep. I hadn't really considered this track for my playlist because of how it was also emotional in addition to mellowly soothing, but I will now. ;-)

Huh, also apparently there's supposed to be a bunch of background sfx. Until I started listening specifically for them, I didn't hear them. Still, this is incredibly well done, and I feel like Avaris and Level 99 have accomplished what they've set out to do do with this mix.

Sometimes lightning can just strike, I guess.

Couldn't have put it better myself man :-) I mean, when it comes to Stevo and acoustic guitars, you can pretty much be guaranteed that the result will be awesome. But damn, I'd say avaris is just as much of a hero here for the downright beautiful atmospheric work he did to give the track a bit more of a "sunny spring morning" feel, as if you're just waking up with a beam of sunlight on your bed, beckoning you into the new day. Maybe "Awakening" would have been a more appropriate title? :-P Seriously, if either artist has an explanation for the remix title (is it just a reference to how you guys finished it so quickly?) I'd love to hear it!

Gorgeous.

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02085 - Xenogears "Quickening"