Dota 2

DarkeSword

Oh btw, to enable right-click deny, you have to create a text file called autoexec.cfg and add the line "dota_force_right_click_attack 1" (without the quotes) to it. Then put it in your Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\cfg folder.

Can't explain why, but I get lost in HoN ALL the time, and it's been much less of a problem for me in Dota 2.

The giant GPS arrow that points to where your hero is when they're offscreen certainly helps. :<

Edited by Tensei

Veno is one of the strongest laners in the game and he counters solo mid melee heroes super hard if you max poison sting first. Also a great pusher and ganker.

If anyone has about an hour of time to kill, do yourself a favor and watch this game (Second game of the dreamhack finals), it's very back and forth and averages 2 kills per minute for a good amount of time (4 kills before the creeps even spawn).

In other news, I finally manned up and played Tinker in a real game (always worried about ending up in a less than optimal lane with heroes like that), but ended up with like a 10 min Boots of Travel and a 13/4/13 score at the end. :<

Edited by Tensei

Bane Elemental? He's not that good or interesting IMO.

Someone found out that there's actually a functional range indicator in the game already that can be activated by console commands or an autoexec.cfg file, it's pretty neat:

zY933.jpg

The red line indicates the distance your hero has to walk before he's in range to cast a spell, and the green line indicates the range of the spell itself.

Can be activated by making an autoexec.cfg text file in notepad, adding the line dota_disable_range_finder "0", and putting it in the Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\cfg folder.

Edit: You can also add these lines:

bind "leftarrow" "say_team miss top"

bind "rightarrow" "say_team miss bottom"

bind "downarrow" "say_team miss mid"

bind "uparrow" "say_team re"

Function should be obvious. This is why I love the Source engine.

Edited by Tensei

Yup, he looks appropriately freaky.

His ult is hilarious because you can use it to ride around in an allied creep and then jump out and eat the poor enemy support who was just trying to farm up some gold for wards.

-wtf mode is also in.

E: I didn't even think of combining Naix' ult with certain heroes like Riki, Clockwerk or Nature's Prophet for maximum dickery.

Edited by Tensei

so they have full character win/loss now which is cool i always like stuff like that

edit: i also remember lifestealer pretty well he's not that complicated but it's always fun to surprise initiate with ult and just be like HAPPY BIRTHDAY outta some creep

Edited by The Derrit

I remember when naix used to be incredibly imbalanced. At one point he was a str hero who had an unbelievable agi gain per levelup, ridiculous lifesteal and on-attack debuff that made escape impossible. As soon as you bought him some strength items he could wreck the enemy team single-handedly.

Well I finally got my invite and I am looking forward to some serious death match shenanigans.

EDIT: Oh wait, they haven't implemented "Deathmode" yet. Ho hum.

Edited by Ajax