How did you come up with your artist name?

adambomb337

My name has quite a history. When I was younger, I referred to myself as CX (my first initial with an X on the end because it was the 90's and anything cool had Xs or Zs in it). Many years later, I had abandoned the moniker. I wrote a story about a wizard who cloned himself so that he could have an army of wizards to take over the world. The clones were marked with a special tattoo on the back of their neck. They needed a special name (because just calling them clones wasn't cool enough) so I flipped open my Spanish textbook and looked for the word "close", which is "cerra". (I would later realize that "cerra" meant close like "close the door", not "in proximity to") Again, anything cool had Xs, so "cerra" became "Cerrax". I decided that I liked the name so much that when I made music I wanted to use it. But I already had an artist name (Destroyer C) and I had even released an album under that name, so I decided to name my label "Cerrax Records". After I stopped doing music as Destroyer C, I decided to keep the name Cerrax and drop Records from the name. I've been "Cerrax" since about 2006.

Incidentally, the first and last letters of Cerrax are CX :D

The tattoo that was on the characters in the story has also gotten the name "Cerrax", and (like the clones in the story) I have it tattooed on the back of my neck. It is also in the banner of my website, Cerrax.com:

cerraxbanner2.jpg

My msn name is 'the_west_pig', which sounds like a thinly vieled critique of western civilization. This is unfortunate, as it is actually named after chalk pastel drawing of a pig I submitted to an art competition. I drew it as joke entry in about 45 seconds, cut it up using a lathe and then sellotaped it back together. I came last.

My artist name comes from the evolution of my online gaming name. I originally used PotatoGuy, which was probably loosely based on a disguise from the Simpsons. And then I saw some guy on Warcraft III using the name RoboFish, which I though was funny and abruptly stole as RoboFishy. Then for a while I used PotatoFish, which makes even less sense.

Presumably one day I dropped the potato - as we all do from time to time - and became Fishy. I regret all of these decisions immensely

The 1618 I often use on the end of emails and accounts is the first 4 digits of my favourite number.