Nintendo Wii U

Cecilff2

http://www.destructoid.com/controller-mock-up-for-new-nintendo-hd-console-198986.phtml XD

Well the console was tested with crysis 2 and it ran with only barely 40% cpu load and Dev tools are gunna be Friendly as hell. CANT WAIT :grin: i just hope i dont get dissapointed

http://gamerant.com/nintendo-wii-2-controller-console-photos-robk-81091/ NEW LEAKED PHOTOS! i smell bs :D

now the format of this thing and dont say 20 gig cartridge lmao

hologram is prob in 5 years , prob digital or disc, but def not dvd way to small.

Edited by DarkeSword

It's not the same concept at all. You never look at your controller when playing Dreamcast. Here, (apparently) it's an integral part of gameplay (at least multiplayer).

what im doing to work with this fear is thinking of four swords adventures and crystal chronicles for the GC

those were both AWESOME games and if they can make those kinds of experiences all the time i would be happy

Well the console was tested with crysis 2 and it ran with only barely 40% cpu load and Dev tools are gunna be Friendly as hell. CANT WAIT :grin: i just hope i dont get dissapointed

Tested by who? Source plz?

Also, how does that make sense? Crysis 2 is for Xbox, PS3, and PC. Are you saying that there was another version of Crysis 2 made for this "Wii 2"? Wouldn't the company need knowledge like tech specs and control layouts? If so, wouldn't there be more reliable and trustworthy leaks? :P

Edited by Neblix

SonicThHedgog, i think you are hyping this up a bit too much. The console will probably be around 360/PS3 level graphically, maybe able to do easier 720/1080p where as 360/PS3 struggle at reaching even 720p resolutions in most games.

Do not expect anything but dated technology to be showing up in a Nintendo console. This isn't going to be a modern PC or even NEXT gen console graphics by a long shot

SonicThHedgog, i think you are hyping this up a bit too much. The console will probably be around 360/PS3 level graphically, maybe able to do easier 720/1080p where as 360/PS3 struggle at reaching even 720p resolutions in most games.

Do not expect anything but dated technology to be showing up in a Nintendo console. This isn't going to be a modern PC or even NEXT gen console graphics by a long shot

were not/I am not standing(just) for the grafix or performance, lets be realistic here, game consoles have WAYYYYY less software overhead then pc's to use actual heavy hardware, that would be a large waste of money for them to make a console just to heat up with pc's, but it is a bit safe to forcast nintendo using some heavy hardware, cause nintendo has been expencive in the past with there systems.

so yes it may be the same or better graphically no one knows anymore (i mean its nintendo, they gave us a wii, HD radeon tech based, maybe a special nintendo model, they might make realistic double rainbows j/k bad joke ; / )

the main thing im hyped up over, (and other fans) are the games, hearing that the contoller maybe one peice is all i care right now, i just want to play games with out using 2 peices of hardware that require motion (im tired of using my gamecube controller for games), and better responce in controls for the games.

Tested by who? Source plz?

Also, how does that make sense? Crysis 2 is for Xbox, PS3, and PC. Are you saying that there was another version of Crysis 2 made for this "Wii 2"? Wouldn't the company need knowledge like tech specs and control layouts? If so, wouldn't there be more reliable and trustworthy leaks? :P

ign or something I forgot the source.

But all we know is that they "ran" crysis on the console, no one knows on what settings , it could be 480p or 1080p so we will just have to wait till june, and yes quite possibly there is a 'project cafe' version of crysis since leaks are saying nintendo gave devlopers sdk's already , so maybe cryteck has been tinkering, no one knows or can confirm this, only a few weeks till E3 pops up or more leaks :P

Edited by SonicThHedgog

lets be realistic here, game consoles have WAYYYYY less software overhead then pc's to use actual heavy hardware

Um, so far rumors have stated triple core IBM processor (no clocks named yet) and somewhere around 512MB of RAM. Those are the specs of the 360.

cause nintendo has been expencive in the past with there systems

Nintendo has rarily ever been "Expensive" in terms of raw power they put in their systems. Every single console they've made has had some sort of short coming compared to modern tech, and ever since they realised they do not HAVE to spend a lot of money on hardware: They haven't! See DS/Wii/3DS, their most profitable hardware ever, and years behind in technology.

hearing that the contoller maybe one peice is all i care right now, i just want to play games with out using 2 peices of hardware that require motion

Well hate to burst your bubble, but considering its Wii backwards compatible and that motion games are all the rage these days, I do not think it will not come with something like an improved Wii Remote as well. Nintendo is not going to ditch the motion controls suddenly. In fact, this screen / controller combo was rumored to be the main control for the Wii before the Wii Remote was revealed, so it could again be all a false rumor like last time. A touch screen built into a controller is rather expensive, and Nintendo already has the NDS which has already been confirmed to interface with the new console (See Street Fighter IV 3DS mystery mode)

If having a one piece controller excites you so much: Just get a 360/PS3.

Also, you said Crysis 2, which is already on 360/PS3, specifically designed to run on consoles, so no major feat. And if this is running off the Dev console: Dev consoles generally have more power than the real ones, for debugging purposes.

Edited by Crowbar Man

Well hate to burst your bubble, but considering its Wii backwards compatible and that motion games are all the rage these days, I do not think it will not come with something like an improved Wii Remote as well. Nintendo is not going to ditch the motion controls suddenly. In fact, this screen / controller combo was rumored to be the main control for the Wii before the Wii Remote was revealed, so it could again be all a false rumor like last time. A touch screen built into a controller is rather expensive, and Nintendo already has the NDS which has already been confirmed to interface with the new console (See Street Fighter IV 3DS mystery mode)

If having a one piece controller excites you so much: Just get a 360/PS3.

Also, you said Crysis 2, which is already on 360/PS3 so no major feat. And if this is running off the Dev console: Dev consoles generally have more power than the real ones, for debugging purposes.

i ;; i already said it could be a moddified xbox processor at page 2 i think :tomatoface:

Edit :: its page 3

body 1 rply: again we dont know, a whole lot of this could be dated or bs, hearing that the console have 2 analog stick, it could be also that the wii-mote is compatible with the new system (knowing nintendo also does not want to waste money). and the interface could be like the gamecube and the gameboy advance, with some games like animal crossing and sonic adventure 2.

1.5 dont play them often

2: Again we only know that they ran it, have no idea what they ran it on i cant really make a statment on that, crysis is not a big deal be cause it can run on consoles, prob because it give use a little benchmark of what this new console is capable of.

i just hope they leave the virtual console, its awsome

Edited by SonicThHedgog

What are you even talking about, you nut. The only thing IGN has "confirmed" is that the console will have the ability to stream games to the 6" screens on the controllers.

"It can run Crysis while using only 40% of it's TRUE POWER" is the typical kind of uncle-at-nintendo rumor. You know what else it does? It shoots rainbows and stars out of the disc drive and has a fully functioning AI with a holographic representation that can appear by hooking up the new holographic projector peripheral. I forgot about the source but THEY DEFINITELY CONFIRMED IT.

ign or something I forgot the source.

But all we know is that they "ran" crysis on the console, no one knows on what settings , it could be 480p or 1080p so we will just have to wait till june, and yes quite possibly there is a 'project cafe' version of crysis since leaks are saying nintendo gave devlopers sdk's already , so maybe cryteck has been tinkering, no one knows or can confirm this, only a few weeks till E3 pops up or more leaks :P

All we know is that your pulling all this Crysis stuff out of your ass with no credible source. Afaik, you're just hyping up by spreading rumors. A google doesn't bring this up on the first page, which means either you're lying or you're passing stuff around that you got from YouTube commenters (or people of the like).

I am only angry because you are not backing up your information and refuse to do so when asked. :PI refuse to get excited over news that sounds overly too good to be true.

All we know is that your pulling all this Crysis stuff out of your ass with no credible source. Afaik, you're just hyping up by spreading rumors. A google doesn't bring this up on the first page, which means either you're lying or you're passing stuff around that you got from YouTube commenters (or people of the like).

I am only angry because you are not backing up your information and refuse to do so when asked. :PI refuse to get excited over news that sounds overly too good to be true.

*Your mad over spread claims that no ones knows and i just said wait till e3... thats the internet for yah*

I dont think you read my last post " this could be dated or complete bs spread on the internet, wait till e3/june then decide on excitement (like everything eles)"

and for the most part, alot of the stuff that said are leaks, btw someone made a wiki already ;o http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Caf%C3%A9

and if your crazy about the hologram post, nintendo has patent on the type of storage...

(maybe i got it form bit-tech, destructoid or some other place, looking at my browsing history)

Edited by SonicThHedgog

N64 had a lot of good games, yeah, but it is easily Nintendo's worst home-console ever released, with the Wii being after that. This mainly has to do with the fact that the whole cartridge bs drove virtually all meaningful third-party support from nintendo, leaving us with a really small library of great and awesome nintendo games (as well as the last gasps of Rare), but little else.

The SNES was the best Nintendo console released, and in my opinion, the Gamecube was second best. It was kind of like Nintendo's version of the Dreamcast- not a lot of support, but a whole lot of love. That and the GC has what has to be my favorite video-game controller of all time.