OCR01315 - Golden Sun "Sol Sanctum Guitar"

djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Ha, ditto on the video (sans putting it on my iPod since I don't have one :( ). Truly a man of many talents!

Anyway, EgM's stuff is always on the conservative side, but I think the source is served well in this arrangement. The slower pace gives it an almost meditative quality...it actually reminds me of Schala's theme in some aspects. Love the contrast between the electric guitar and acoustic sections.

The length didn't bother me significantly, but I can't say I wouldn't have appreciated more. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The entire mix seems quiet to me. I would have liked everything up a notch or two. Choice of instruments is great; guitar, violin, and piano are always a good combination, especially for the more emotional settings like this one. I like the melody for this one, but I honestly can’t place it. I’ll have to go back to the source.

I’m a sucker for harmony, and 2:10 is great to me. Easily my favorite part of the entire piece.

Nice work.

• 1 month later...

This mix is heavy, mellow yet purposeful, contemplative, very oceanic i.e. deep, solemn, with a subtle yet noticeable ebb and flow.

There's nothing that really that's flashy or jumps out at me in this mix, but that's fine; it works great by being subtle. Perfect rainy day music.

Ultimately, I like it and think it's good and worth downloading.

• 9 months later...

great intro- I wasn't a fan of the exposed lead tone, but once the drums and bass came in it worked well. Good transitions and a nice instrumental pallate make this a good track to keep on repeat. The piano is nice, and though the violin is a little bit brittle, the rest of the track makes up for it.

Nice and chill stuff.

• 3 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01315 - Golden Sun "Sol Sanctum Guitar"