Super Street Fighter II Turbo: Blood on the Asphalt - History

I doubt DJP will post any type of blurb on the front page about unfinished projects, partially because it would be unfair to other projects that aren't complete, and partially because...well, the project's not complete yet. :P

The best thing you can do is contact as many remixers as you can think of that you feel are qualified to provide work for the project. I mean, don't hesitate to send out a literal shitload of PMs, emails, IMs, or whatever it takes to get people to join. That's how I did it.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't dropped out, just busy with getting ready for university and finding a place to live.

Still working on those lyrics - translating them from Japanese isn't working as smoothly as I'd expected. Hopefully I'll have something to post next week.

Bottom line Shael, you do what you think is best. This isn't an official Site Project yet, so nobody can really tell you how to do anything. There have been some good suggestions so far though.

Suggestion from me: at this point, individual deadlines may be more appropriate than overall deadlines (due to lack of mixers). If you told me I have one month to get at least a minute more into my track (or something), I might have found inspiration by now. IT'S YOUR FAULT I'M SO STAGNANT! Just kidding.

I think Richter has the right idea.

Blanket deadlines may have worked for similar projects in the past, but none of them had the sheer volume of tracks to be covered or mixers needed as this one. Thus, individual deadlines may be a workable solution.

So I'm going to set one right now.

If you are currently signed up to cover a track, you have until September 15th to provide me with a one-minute WIP of your submission, preferabley via a link posted in this thread--I'm not one for secrecy.

Furthermore, the aforementioned mixers who are already dedicated a one or more tracks hereby have a final deadline of November 15th, three months from today, to provide me with a final version of their WIP, preferably emailed to me (Shael.riley@gmail.com) as an attatchment or external URL.

All interested parties who sign up to cover a track hereafter will have one month to provide a one-minute WIP and three to provide a finished track, no ifs ands or buts. Failure to do so will cause the track to be re-opened for submissions from other arrangers.

What are the requirements to be a mixer? I'm working on a Ken Stage mix right now, maybe it will fit in your project. :)

Made in USA

The requirements are musical arrangement and production ability, an ability to meet deadlines and a sense of theme, mood and tone, which you seem to have.

I dig your WIP muchly. If you can produce a completed version by November 16th, you've got the spot. We needed some hard rock to compliment our rave, trance, break-beat, R&B and hip-hop.

We needed some hard rock to compliment our rave, trance, break-beat, R&B and hip-hop.

I'm ordering some nylon guitar strings for a flamenco-ish track :)

-steve

PS: $30 for 6 fucking strings?! AAAAH! But the good news is, I can get by with the $7 set too. It was a bitch to find a cheaper set without silver wrapped around the lower strings.

If you can produce a completed version by November 16th, you've got the spot.

Okay, I'll get on it. Should be finished pretty soon.

Big hug to Sixto!!!

Hey Shael, since I can't be giving you any more advcaned WIP on Cammys (since all is left to do is final recordings) i will try and work on a new song for the project and WIP you (hahahaha "WIP" you, get it? :wink: ) by the deadline. Cheers!

Hey Shael. I'm going to try to get some work done on my mix. But, I'm not sure if I can. So, I may or may not make the deadline. I just can't get any ideas. If anyone has FL & wants to collab & try to expand upon what I already have, that'd be great. Just let me know.

Personally I find some of the music on the original SNES Street Fighter II game better than the ones on SSF2 or SF2Turbo. (Balrog's theme is different between both games. Not sure of any other differences besides absent characters..)

I wish to book on Chun-Li's Stage as a planned submission for this project..if that's okay. ^^

Personally I find some of the music on the original SNES Street Fighter II game better than the ones on SSF2 or SF2Turbo. (Balrog's theme is different between both games. Not sure of any other differences besides absent characters..)

I wish to book on Chun-Li's Stage as a planned submission for this project..if that's okay. ^^

Sure thing. You got 15 days to give me a one-minute WIP.

Balrog's stage, unless I'm very wrong, is only arranged slightly betweeen SF2, SSF2 and SSF2:T. I've played both SNES carts and the arcade game for, like, a bazillion hours. The major difference between the three versions is the quality of the midi instruments; the arrangement itself is changed only marginally between itterations.

Despite my mixing mediocrity, I'll check out the soundtrack and see what I can do. I'd love to help this project in whatever way possible.

There are some short and simple tracks if you're looking for lighter faire. Check out the bulk of the ending themes, or even some little pseudo-sound effect ditties like "Here Comes a New Challenger."

Man, I'd so be all up ons Vega's Theme if I weren't swamped with like 3 other projects already...sorry, man. You've already got some serious talent lined up, though. Definitely gonna be something I'll be looking forward to.