Capcom hate and why it happens

The Derrit

the shit world economy might also have something to do with all this "fan interest" crap. Honestly, in what other generation did this ever come up? If companies had a game to put out, there was no "let's gauge fan interest". They just did it. In another era, maybe Darkstalkers 4, Mega Man Legends 3 and the Ace Attorney games would already be announced and going through localization as we speak.

I agree. It does seem they are asking "will it sell?" instead of stating "It will sell."

That being said, I also agree with the sentiment that if Mega Man was destined to become another Sonic series, then off with its head. I'd rather have it die in a blaze of glory(debatable whether that happened or not)

I would really like closure to the four megaman's series (Megaman, Megaman X, ZX, and Legends) before they shut them down. And I really do not think that would be much of a stretch. Of course they don't need to be made all at once. And I believe that they can make it well. Megaman X7 was terrible, and they corrected it in X8 (not the best MMX, but it was good). It was evidence enough to me that they realized that they shouldn't mess with the formula. If they want to mess with a formula, they should just make a new game. Yet as before it seems like they keep saying "will it sell?"

Oh, and yes I do have a large amount of hatred for Capcom right now (Legend, Phoenix Wright, DmC, UMvC3) But I do find a lot of the people pissed off really need to chill out. At the very least keep it pent up inside, it's off putting to those who would help the cause if they didn't have to be around a bunch of howler monkeys.

Yes I know my sig is making hard to believe I still hate Capcom (Bought the damn ps3 avatar 3 days before MML3 was cancled, which I got for MML3). While I hate them now, I still have hope in them.

I would really like closure to the four megaman's series (Megaman, Megaman X, ZX, and Legends) before they shut them down. And I really do not think that would be much of a stretch. Of course they don't need to be made all at once. And I believe that they can make it well. Megaman X7 was terrible, and they corrected it in X8 (not the best MMX, but it was good)

so how exactly do you get closure in a series that doesn't have much of a piece by piece storyline, that's like getting closure on south park there is no way to just wrap everything up in a nice little package

also if the more recent ones are of lower quality why would you want more if mario games started sucking i'd just stop playing them not ask for another one

this is the exact thing sonic people do ask for more hoping it will be better than the last while knowing it won't be

so how exactly do you get closure in a series that doesn't have much of a piece by piece storyline, that's like getting closure on south park there is no way to just wrap everything up in a nice little package

Well, honestly I would be fine with Megaman's endless cycle of catching Wily. But Megaman X8 was really foreshadowing more. Which sounds similar to Darkstalkers. And it sure sounded like they were gonna finish the Legends series with 3.

The games did have a piece by piece storyline, but with MMX there's 3 recurring characters X, Zero, and Sigma. It wouldn't be a stretch to finish this conflict with Sigma.

also if the more recent ones are of lower quality why would you want more if mario games started sucking i'd just stop playing them not ask for another one

this is the exact thing sonic people do ask for more hoping it will be better than the last while knowing it won't be

Well, taking the sonic example, when the sonic game was terrible I didn't buy it. The solution is for people to not support the weaker games in the series. The reason Sega kept going with sonic is because people would still buy sonic 06, sonic heroes, etc. I bought X7 blind, not really researching much about it. Which is probably the same reason why the terrible sonic games sold. And you know what? Not all the sonic games sucked after Adventure 2 (and some believe he dive bombed earlier than that.) I loved Sonic Rush, and I'm looking to buy Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations.

And I liked X8, my favorite one is still X1, yet I kept buying and loving the X series, X7 being the exception. And if I have fun playing a game then what's the problem?

I think what I'm trying to say is that there needs to be a middle point between the flood that Sega does with Sonic, and the abandon ship action that Capcom is doing now.

Well, taking the sonic example, when the sonic game was terrible I didn't buy it. The solution is for people to not support the weaker games in the series. The reason Sega kept going with sonic is because people would still buy sonic 06, sonic heroes, etc. I bought X7 blind, not really researching much about it. Which is probably the same reason why the terrible sonic games sold. And you know what? Not all the sonic games sucked after Adventure 2 (and some believe he dive bombed earlier than that.) I loved Sonic Rush, and I'm looking to buy Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations.

And I liked X8, my favorite one is still X1, yet I kept buying and loving the X series, X7 being the exception. And if I have fun playing a game then what's the problem?

I think what I'm trying to say is that there needs to be a middle point between the flood that Sega does with Sonic, and the abandon ship action that Capcom is doing now.

this is fair.

however if the last games were dead awful as they have every opportunity to be without inafune there would you be more upset that they didn't finish the series or that they did and did a horrible job? it seems like kind of a no win

On the topic of Sonic games, I feel it bombed when it got /way/ too complicated. Sonic Adventure was pretty cool, but even it was a little too full of superfluous characters. Remember when Sonic was selling tons of copies back when they only had maybe 4 characters in the whole cast? Hedgehogs of different colours started shooting out of every one of Sega's collective orifices and it became the borderline furry shame-dom that it kind of is now.

Try it: Mention Sonic in a game shop or something and I promise an argument will start between otaku kids and rational people. xD

As for Megaman, it got to a point where there wasn't a lot they could do with it anymore, I think. Megaman, like Sonic, is a legacy regardless though; If you enjoy the games, enjoy them rather than raging out because they're not shamelessly pumping them out from between their proverbial legs at a pace even EA would envy. If one comes out, it comes out, and guess what? You'll either like it or you won't.

Video games are about fun and enjoyment, not growing a severe neckbeard and accusing the companies of being fringe radical cults bent on destroying everything that you hold dear.

That's what politics and religion are for. 83

I mean, I love the Xenosaga series, but nobody involved with the project is some sort of corporate Satan for not finishing the project to its planned completion. So I'll just enjoy the games that did get made and show my support, and if it goes on, then it goes on and I'll be happy with it, but regardless of if that happens or not I still have three games I like to play a lot so what exactly is the 'crime' that they've committed again?

however if the last games were dead awful as they have every opportunity to be without inafune there would you be more upset that they didn't finish the series or that they did and did a horrible job? it seems like kind of a no win

Honestly, if right now Capcom said they eventually will make Megaman Legends 3, X9, Etc. I would be happy. They don't even need to be designing it or working on it. As long as they said "Hey we are not completely murdering the franchise." And when they get started on it, I would be fine if they took their sweet time making it, so that it's not just a rushed job.

Another point, didn't Megaman 9 and 10 sell well? Even if it didn't, it's not like it cost them a fortune to make. The downloadable game model would probably work MUCH better for Megaman X and ZX. 8 stages, 10 or so bosses, Sigma being evil. You don't need to fit that on a blu-ray disk.

Come to think of it. I would rather have this than a new Megaman X that was full retail. They would probably get way too ambitious like they did when they went to PS2 with X7. And that didn't do so well. The huge pressure to sell would be down because the production costs would be much lower. So that should transfer into more focus on just making a game fan's would like, instead of trying to make a game that everyone likes.

The catch is that if you spend all your time trying to please fans you will end up pleasing no one.

Like how people clamor for X9 with 16bit graphics, completely forgetting just how damned beautiful the animated graphics of X4 looked (the best in the entire X series).

The catch is that if you spend all your time trying to please fans you will end up pleasing no one.

Like how people clamor for X9 with 16bit graphics, completely forgetting just how damned beautiful the animated graphics of X4 looked (the best in the entire X series).

Just as long as it's not 3d, I'm with ya. X4 was beautiful, and to get X9 in an HD version of those graphics would be heaven.

I've used this saying many times today. "You just can't please em' all." Which is probably the moral of the story in this thread.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/lunch/blog/2011/08/31/street_fighter_iii_third_strike_online_edition_dlc_announcement

Capsule Computer is now shamelessly charging 3$ for freaking color palettes...

Oh, and you can't save them in replays, plus other people who didn't buy said DLC can't see them either.

But wait, you'll also be able to enjoy ...er, I mean pay to watch matches of the company's internal SFIII tournament. yay!

What's next? 'Street Fighter Zero 3 Online' with only Ken and Ryu, 1 stage, 3 super moves and the rest of the game as DLC packs?

Oh, wait...

COVER-Fighting_Street.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well, for me it's not just about Mega Man at this point. That's just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Phoenix Wright fans have been given the shaft recently. It's quite possible we won't see this franchise outside of JPN anymore. Which saddens me greatly. Guess I'm going to have to learn Japanese at some point.

Resident Evil has been on a decline (subject to opinion, I preferred it when it had any kind of horror in it, something RE4 did still have at certain points) and while a spin-off, Operation Raccoon City is not helping the action approach the series has been favoring. I have my eye on Revelations though.

I'm not sure what's up with Monster Hunter. They're refusing to localize Portable 3rd overseas, and I hope that won't become a trend (like Phoenix Wright).

Devil May Cry used to be my favourite series (not just from Capcom). I'm not even sure what they're trying to do with DmC (aside from trying to troll 5 million copies off of consumers apparently), but this is subject to opinion as well. As it is now, the game plays horribly slow, with zoom effects and hit-slowdowns... it seems more akin Heavenly Sword than Devil May Cry. Which, I guess, is not all that surprising considering the developer.

Then there's the other things that have been piling up for years now. Mainly things like the lack of a new God Hand, Dino Crisis, Dark Stalkers, Onimusha, Power Stone, Strider, Clock Tower-- etc. They're just mainly focusing on their Fighting franchises right now (which are selling pretty good last I heard, so hey) and taking little risks. The whole within-a-year expansion of Marvel Vs Capcom 3 is outrageous as well, if you ask me.

Though not to be a total downer, on the plus side dragon's Dogma looks good and CyberConnect2's Asura's Wrath looks badass as well.

There is not much more that has to be sad that hasn't been said already.

Capcom has forgotten its roots. It is not doing what made it a juggernaut in gaming. It's abandoned franchises entirely that were not only solid sellers but great games.

Capcom wont see any more of my money for a while. They're on my list of companies requiring a hostile takeover