Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History

KyleJCrb

The new preview is pretty tight.

There is one other thing that's going to help with the wait: Tales of the Abyss. October 10th can't come soon enough.

On an unrelated (and probably already covered somewhere else in this massive thread) note, has anybody else heard the 10th anniversary battle track from Abyss' OST? It's called Everlasting Fight, and is pretty solid if unspectacular. Both Tales of Destiny and Tales of Phantasia's battle themes were redone, along with one I didn't recognize. You can check it out here: (EDIT: Linking to copyright soundtrack files is not allowed on this site. Sorry!)

The battle theme songs are in this order:

Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Destiny 1, Tales of Eternia, Tales of Destiny II, Tales of Phantasia, Tales of the Abyss.

The battle theme songs are in this order:

Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Destiny 1, Tales of Eternia, Tales of Destiny II, Tales of Phantasia, Tales of the Abyss.

Merci. That would explain why I didn't recognize the part in the middle; Eternia's the only one I haven't played. I figured it had to be from that.

man we remixers are such a bunch of lazy farts. This project has taken longer than it should. But hey what the hell, it'll be the best project since KiC, so hell it'll be worth the wait.

Admittedly, it's mostly my fault. I've been quite busy lately, plus I have a family member in the hospital who's been there for over a month and isn't doing very well, so my time and drive to work on this project is fairly limited. Lea is also busy, and her tasks are somewhat seperated from mine anyway, so it's not really her job to do what I've been doing. :P

I'm actually not too surprised that this project has taken this long, considering the full scope of what we're going for (the 40 track count, namely), so even though I would've liked it to have been done sooner, we're not as far behind as you might think. There's only a few tracks left! Hopefully I can find the time to get on the remaining remixers here soon, and maybe Project Chaos will get released sometime before New Years. :P

plus I have a family member in the hospital who's been there for over a month and isn't doing very well

Best of wishes.

On the plus side, if the biggest problem you end up having is that PC is blocking SoS's release, you're in pretty good shape. At least at that point all the tracks will be done and rarin' to go.

I wasn't talking about what it got in return, Kyle. :P All I was saying was that their home bases were particularly different. Bound Together had a different base as it was already, having centered itself around VGMix/OneUpStudios for most of the time, so why do we have people who think of comparing an almost complete OCR project to something that's pretty much entirely different?

Nonetheless, I might as well shut up :oops:

Bound Together as a bunch of remixes is generally excellent. Bound Together as a project is flabby, sluggish and disjointed.

Personally, I think the variety of tracks was what really made me like BT so much. I get bored listening to the same type of thing for too long, which is why even Hedgehog Heaven couldn't hold my ear for too long. BT has a great mix of offbeat, techno, and rock that keeps me from getting too bored with it.

But, as most things, it's all a matter of opinion - and this one's coming from someone who found Chrono Symphonic to be one of the biggest wastes of time and bandwith since myspace.

Bound Together as a bunch of remixes is generally excellent. Bound Together as a project is flabby, sluggish and disjointed.

Personally, I think the variety of tracks was what really made me like BT so much. I get bored listening to the same type of thing for too long, which is why even Hedgehog Heaven couldn't hold my ear for too long. BT has a great mix of offbeat, techno, and rock that keeps me from getting too bored with it.

You'll probably get bored with SoS, then. GEETAR WANKERAGE XTREEM

You'll probably get bored with SoS, then. GEETAR WANKERAGE XTREEM

And piano, orchestral, techno...

Kyle, stop being guitar-biased.

• Liontamer changed the title to Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History