The Legend of Zelda's Official Timeline Revealed?!?

Overflow

I prefer Zelda without a strict timeline. I always saw it as the name implies, a collection of legends, many of which could be several versions of the same tale.

The idea that each of Link's travels to the past in OoT creates a new timeline where he isn't there, just doesn't make sense thematically. The Master Sword would be breaking more than it fixes, by creating a lot of timelines (at least three) without a hero in order for him to succeed in one.

I prefer Zelda without a strict timeline. I always saw it as the name implies, a collection of legends, many of which could be several versions of the same tale.

NO. No no no no. You see, now that there is a timeline, you have to think of it every time you play any Zelda game at all. New, old, doesn't matter, it must be in the foreground of your mind at all times or you won't be able to enjoy it on the same level as everyone that cares about any timeline stuff.

Failure to consciously think of it at every point in any game means you aren't a true fan and if you aren't a true fan, then you aren't allowed to play Zelda games anymore! STOP ENJOYING ZELDA IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT TIMELINES! Seriously! Stop that! STOP ENJOYING SOMETHING IN A DIFFERENT WAY FROM THE REST OF US! I MEAN IT!

notice how the zora in LTTP are dramatically different from all the zora in the other games?

yeah

Tormented by Link's death, Princess Ruto mates with an Octorok and creates a new race. The other Zoras flee to Labrynna's seas with Jabu Jabu, never to be seen in Hyrule again, and the purebred Octoroks crawl out of the water in disgust.

It's all coming together.

OK, it seems that there is a new timeline that was just put out by Nintendo today. It covers a fourth timeline, one that no one saw coming (just like the idea of three timelines)

Link (no pun intended)

This explains a lot more, and will certainly cause more conflict amongst the various theorists. Which is good, because the sooner those guys take each othe out, the sooner we can get back to just playing the games and not writing giant walls of text about timelines.

OK, it seems that there is a new timeline that was just put out by Nintendo today. It covers a fourth timeline, one that no one saw coming (just like the idea of three timelines)

Link (no pun intended)

This explains a lot more, and will certainly cause more conflict amongst the various theorists. Which is good, because the sooner those guys take each othe out, the sooner we can get back to just playing the games and not writing giant walls of text about timelines.

I hate that timeline because it says the Oracles are "okay" when they're friggin' amazing.