SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2012

SuperiorX

You know, what seems to be missing is some trash talk.

"Amph, prepare to get drained out of your pond. Your resistance is futile - you ain't even a proper lizard!"

"Gario, you think you're one phat pancake? Well you're getting topped with the bitter taste of defeat!"

Eh, should still be intense. I may not be there for 5 due to a trip out at a theme park, but this will be great to witness :-)

You should be excite. I've got to say this is the most entertaining track I've done for the compo. Maybe not the "best", production-wise (I'm only human - time limitations have held me back, I know there's some heat in this one because of it), but the most fun, easily.

Submitting it now, by the way - no matter the outcome of this round, I'll let you know this was a blast.

Lyrics will be up tomorrow, unless KingTiger wants to put them up early. :)

Am on my way back home from Blackpool Pleasure Beach and my triumph on The Big One. Will listen to these on the way back home. :-)

[EDIT: Derp, my phone doesn't support zips. Gonna have to wait x.x]

[EDIT 2: Okay, NOW I heard the tracks, and casted my vote accordingly. I have a question for Gario though - what exactly did prohpetik do in your track? Because I couldn't hear him anywhere o_O]

Ooo shit, that's actually Prophecy, not Prophetic - my bad. He is the deep voice in the beginning and the vomit sound.

That was Jason? I could've sworn the vomiting between Tiger and Syllix's raps was Brandon o_O

Where was he anyway? Strangely he told me he had no involvment whatsoever, but what's your take? :P

I meant to post this earlier yesterday, but forgot completely.

I've got an updated version of my song from earlier in the compo if anyone is interested (loudness, a barely noticable bit of arrangement, and better reverb on the main lead). I don't think this would qualify for a bonus track in the compilation zip so just putting it here instead.

https://www.box.com/s/aadcd6b38370e469bdca

Worst time to post this - soon after the new songs come out. Lol.

As I've mentioned in my vote (probably a bit off topic over there, but screw it, it's the last week!) it's been a great competition and the net result is that we've all got 58 new mixes to listen to (should have been 62! :P )

I've thoroughly enjoyed being able to download collections of new mixes every Sunday morning to sample and over the last 2 months I've pretty much listened to nothing else at work.

Thanks to all the artists for your brilliant work and to SuperiorX for organising this, but I want more so hopefully we'll see another one soon ;)

Now to sit back and wait and see who the winner is, but in reality, I feel like the real winner is me and all the other fans of Sonic music. (The first weekend just happened to be my birthday and that was awesome!)

Cheers!

I meant to post this earlier yesterday, but forgot completely.

I've got an updated version of my song from earlier in the compo if anyone is interested (loudness, a barely noticable bit of arrangement, and better reverb on the main lead). I don't think this would qualify for a bonus track in the compilation zip so just putting it here instead.

https://www.box.com/s/aadcd6b38370e469bdca

Worst time to post this - soon after the new songs come out. Lol.

Downloaded!

I really enjoyed your song. Loved the chill soundscape.