OCR TF2 Server - Anyone interested in trying out TF2 should join us!

Bahamut

Which Unusual?

It's a Flipped Trilby with...I think it's Vivid Plasma. He hasn't played the game for several months now, so I should really get him to lend it to me. :P

I don't really follow the trading market much. What would a strange huntsman go for? I suppose I could buy a key to get some strange item and then trade it for a strange huntsman...

According to ye olde spreadsheet, somewhere around 15 keys, which at current prices is around 37 Refined. So yeah, it's a hefty purchase.

According to ye olde spreadsheet, somewhere around 15 keys, which at current prices is around 37 Refined. So yeah, it's a hefty purchase.

What does that translate to in terms of non-huntsman strange weapons? I have a bunch of strange-series crates, and I wouldn't mind spending a few bucks opening them to get strange stuff which which to trade for a strange huntsman.

Actually, you know what? I'm probably not going to trade with random internet peoples anyway, so: if anyone has a strange huntsman, what do you want for it?

Do I really want to know why a bloody kill counter is so expensive in terms of the ingame economy?

The Strange Huntsman is found only in the #40 "salvaged" crates, which are extremely rare drops. All the Stranges from that crate (and #30 too) are very expensive as a result of that rarity, and since the Huntsman seems to be the most desirable of them, it fetches the highest price. Hell, I managed to sell a #40 crate by itself for 7 keys, which I eventually used to buy a Bill's; the poor sap who opened the crate got something that was only worth 3 keys, so I definitely came out ahead.

What does that translate to in terms of non-huntsman strange weapons? I have a bunch of strange-series crates, and I wouldn't mind spending a few bucks opening them to get strange stuff which which to trade for a strange huntsman.

The vast majority of Stranges go for a Refined or two, or even less, so most of the time you'd wind up losing money by opening them. There are a few Stranges, like the Minigun or Grenade Launcher, that go for a few keys, but you'd only have a 1 in 6 shot or so of getting them if you opened their respective crates. Pretty much the only way you'd be guaranteed to profit off a Strange crate is by getting a 40 to drop and then opening it, since even buying a 30 or 40 is crazy expensive.

The Strange Huntsman is found only in the #40 "salvaged" crates, which are extremely rare drops. All the Stranges from that crate (and #30 too) are very expensive as a result of that rarity, and since the Huntsman seems to be the most desirable of them, it fetches the highest price. Hell, I managed to sell a #40 crate by itself for 7 keys, which I eventually used to buy a Bill's; the poor sap who opened the crate got something that was only worth 3 keys, so I definitely came out ahead.

Supply and demand. Yay economics.

For the past month it hasn't been as active I think, partly due to my having not been on due to internet troubles & Marine Corps duty. I was going to go on tonight but it looks like I'm stuck analyzing all of the potential roommates who have visited so I can make a decision. Tomorrow night I'll try to make it on around 10 though!

I haven't been on for the last few weeks because something either about my install of TF2 or the server is causing my TF2 to crash a lot.

It only seems to happen on the OCR server, it hasn't happened on the valve servers or Ichimonai for me.

but it may just be the mods I'm using.

• 2 weeks later...

Rise from your grave, O thread!

A new pack of items is inbound, for pre-ordering Sleeping Dogs. They include a Pyro melee that crits wet players(!), a Minigun that uses more ammo in exchange for a pseudo-flamethrower effect, a throwable butcher's knife for Scout, and a Sapper(!!) that delevels buildings but does no damage.

Additionally, RED and BLU are apparently moving into foreign markets, as a Chinatown-flavored KOTH map is on the way.

and a Sapper(!!) that delevels buildings but does no damage.

Just a heads up, it does damage, but it takes twice as long to destroy the building.

Before the nerf from 1.6 seconds to 3.0 seconds, it was ridiculously overpowered though. It was extremely likely that even if you were vigilant, your building would have already leveled down by the time you got the sapper off.

So my internet's been down for most of the past few days and TBH I'm not hopeful it'll stay up now that it's on again. Though I will say that the new Sapper sounds incredibly sexy and I can't wait to get my hands on one.

Also according to the Wiki the new Pyro item crits vs. Jarate, Milk, and anyone standing in any amount of water, plus anyone who's dripping with water after coming out of a deep pool. So it's a Bushwacka on steroids.

Grayson Mann does have the right sort of ring to it, and would fit in with the naming convention.

I didn't pick up on it at first, but that's a birth certificate. So Gray, whoever he was, got kidnapped just after delivery. Hmm.

I'm not seeing any obvious leads. There was no 'scourge' in London around that time, and the Eagle connection is tenuous at best. We need more information.

Though, interestingly, 1822 was the year they cracked the Rosetta Stone, enabling translation of Egyptian hieroglyphs. If anything changes on cp_egypt, it might be worth chasing down.