OCR01435 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Falling Back"

djpretzel

Well, it's very fast and I generally like songs that have my mind excited. The voice is scratchy or something I heard? I don't consider it to be. I like how clear it is. Maybe a bit deeper would be good, but I don't imagine much deeper. It goes against how fast and upbeat the song is. The lyrics aren't as generic as I figured it would be after finding out it'd be a vocal remix too. Gets 4/5 from me, anyway.

I can honestly say this is the best song on this site....best vocally no doubt about it and best song. :D

I have no clue what you guyz are talking about by saying the vocals are terrible. The singers voice actually sounds like a cross between the lead singer from Simple Plan and Tom Delonge from angels and airwaves you can't get any better than that.

I hope your next vocal work comes soon and I can't wait

Sounding like Simple Plan is a good thing? How old are you' date=' 13?[/quote']

Nope im not 13 but the vocals in this song still sound better than any other thing on this website like Gameover's vocals

You should hear pixietricks or Harmony then. That's some great vocal work there.

Fixed.

Also, Gameover's vox are perfect for their genre... and don't get me wrong here, I'm a big Darangen fan, but his vocal techinques are sub-par. I think they could be FANTASTIC with some practice and some training, but as they are in this song... they need work. Granted, they aren't as bad as some people are making them out to be.

You should hear Pixie Tricks or Harmony then. That's some great vocal work there.

Im soo ticked off those were the worst songs i have ever heard. Im not dissing Gameover those vocals are great can u recommend some vocal work similar to Gameover or Darangen?

You should hear Pixie Tricks or Harmony then. That's some great vocal work there.

Im soo ticked off those were the worst songs i have ever heard. Im not dissing Gameover those vocals are great can u recommend some vocal work similar to Gameover or Darangen?

Kid, you aren't gonna get much respect around here if you bash mixes by Harmony and pixietricks. :?

Darangen, you mentioned that you most likely won't release an instrumental version of the song, but at least that highlights the fact that the instrumentation is pretty sweet. Very nice work, even though the vocals aren't really my cup of tea. :wink:

I'm in agreement about the vocals being a bit... sub par. I think this is a hard piece to sing to. I liked the vocals, and find myself singing them in the shower, but my singing in the shower sounds about as good as they do in the remix. I give you credit for coming up with vocals and for singing them yourself, but they are simply out of tune in places which jars me out of liking the piece as much as I would've. I have no complaints about the style, though, and I won't go so far as to say your vocals suck. They were, as I said before, shower quality ^_^

The arrangement is a new one, and I like that, since this song has been done sideways, upways, downways, leftways, and way too much with not near enough good remixes to show for it.

You did a well rounded job, all around. The lyrics are likeable, the vocals aren't bad, and the music composition is the greatest. You really brought out the Gerudo Valley to life in my mind. That music is my favorite and most inspirational song in Zelda 64.

I'm not a singing expert, but here's my advice:

Calm yourself when singing. You sounded like you were stressing yourself to sound like someone else.

You sound like you have some pitch control problems, too. Don't try to swtich notes too fast. It's better if you smoothe the notes together instead of being so stacato.

I'm wondering, can you release a version without the vocals? (Nevermind that question, I just read your reply.)

• 2 weeks later...

Darangen creates a rock remix here with some great instrumentation and some good vocals. Many people have criticized the vocals, but I think they're on par with what you hear from an indie rock group.

The chorus is not mixed as strongly as I would have liked - there is a slight delay in the voices, which muffles up the words a bit, and makes them sound as if the vocalist not annunciating words. However, the rest of the vocals are not as bad as most of the listeners would let on. The vocals definitely don't ruin the song; I just think everyone's been spoiled by some other vocal mixes posted on the site, which have been absolutely stellar.

Some of you need to read the other reviews before posting. Darangen said that he was taking voice lessons back on page 1. I look forward to seeing him improve. For an early vocal attempt, at the time, getting on OCR is a strong achievement.

Good work from Darangen here, and I will be looking for the next vocal mix he sings for.

• 2 months later...

Well, I was recommended this Remix from a friend of mine and I was immediately impressed. I've been in Choir for over 5 years (I'm 18 FYI, so since I was 13 I've been in Choir, long time) and been to many state competitions and trust me, I know talent in a voice. You seemed a tad nervous, but that's my opinion.

Darangen has major talent and the intro seemed a bit...off...from the rest of the Remix, but it never once hurt my opinion of it. You've hooked me on this song and I find myself singing it out. You have major Talent dude, I'll be checking out your other Remixes...and a way to stop this song from continuiously playing in my head, hah, but seriously, keep it up, I hope to see more of this kinda thing from you.

Later.

• 2 months later...

This is my first review, which I wouldn't have even made but I can't halp myself. I have some gripes with this remix. First off is the vocals. I know everyone's probably said this, but they suck. The other problem I have is the lyrics. I have no clue what this song is about but I have to feeling it's something whiney. All this being said, I can't seem to stop listening to this. It confuses me to no end. Is there subliminal messages in this song that command me to listen to it over and over? I can't figure it out.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Also, I've been getting alot of requests for a instrumental mix of this. It's probably not going to happen, sorry if that busts your bubbles.

Alas. I absolutely love the instrumental work in this remix; fantastic stuff, exactly the sort of stuff that makes your other works so appealing.

But the vocals make it unlistenable to me. I won't comment on their quality, since I am far from an expert in that area and so many people have already gone more in depth, but... they're just not my cup of tea, stylistically.

I would love to hear either another version down the road when you're a more experienced singer, or an instrumental version.

EDIT: As soon as I posted this I found your acoustic version of this track on your site. And I love it. Your singing has definitely improved by leaps and bounds, and you managed to get rid of the whiny boy-band feel to it.

Great work.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a really enjoyable and appealing song that has held out longer than most for repeated listens. I love the guitar work and the overall beat. The singing isn't outstanding but is very accessible and easy to sing along with, kind've like some stuff by The Fray. The lyrics flow very well and feel in-place as well.

Much love.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01435 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Falling Back"