OCR Secret Santa 2012 - the PMs are out!

Bahamut

Count me in!

After already posting in the wrong thread some time ago, I can't let this pass...

I'm not broke but I'll make something myself. All these fine people here give me music, so I think it's just fair...

Sent you a PM with my address, Bahamut. Hope Germany is not too far away for Santa ;-P

Cheers, NinjaN

Can't speak for everyone else, but I intend to send mine within a few days after getting the address, as soon as I decide what to send. You can't really time it to arrive right around Christmas, plus some people might be in college and are going home for Christmas or other such things. There's nothing wrong with sending it early.

I assume giving some ideas is still apropos?

As much as I hate doing this in real life, It be sweet if people could post information about them, so we have an Idea on what youd like.

So for me.

Im a college student.

I like Starcraft (I have the HOTS preorder)

I got a decent computer.

I enjoy Outdoor type things. (guns knives lights.. etc)

Im 6'2" with a decent build bout 180lbs.

I am also getting in to the Deadpool comics as well as comics in general.

I enjoy using my GoPro for messin around.

Something like that.

Last year my guy did not make a list and I was hesitant to order something that would not fit him/her.

I'm a gamer and keyboard player; I've got a 3DS and a good gaming PC (thanks to Prophetik :) and Steam account (magekanthos). I have a toddler who's almost two (so a toy or something for him would be an option). My wife and I are both somewhat conservative, so anything NSFW is out. For t-shirts and such, I'd be an XL.

If someone wants specific suggestions, the only thing I can think of is either an iTunes gift card (bonus if it's for the US store; they have more than our Canadian store), or any good movie soundtracks (I have all the Harry Potter, Star Wars, X-Men, Chris Nolan Batman, Narnia, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Lord of the Rings soundtracks already, plus a few random others) or music of any kind.

I honestly don't need more stuff, good music aside, so another possibility would be for my Secret Santa to give some money to a charity of their choice, so that someone who can use the money more than I can benefits.

As much as I hate doing this in real life, It be sweet if people could post information about them, so we have an Idea on what youd like.

Great idea!

So, here's "me":

I'm a 31 year old male german, quite nerdy and thus single ;-)

I enjoy most things retro (think NES, SNES, Chiptunes, pixel art, that kind of stuff). I grew up with Nintendo (Sega is bad ;-D) and Lego.

These days I do my gaming mostly on the PC. Most of the games I enjoy tend to be rather "niché" (Roguelikes are my drug).

I'm more on the practical side of life, so decoration without further use may not be the right thing for me...

Great idea.

I'm in grad school.

I wear a size small (women's sizes) for most things.

I like colorful cartoony games with substance (Zelda, Pokemon, Dragon Quest, etc)

I love plushies.

I am allergic to tree nuts, but not peanuts. (Last year someone sent me cookies and it was really hard not to eat them until I had verified that they would not send me to the hospital.)

I like jewelry, but not the flashy or tacky kind.

I like electronic music (specifically trance and dubstep).

I own a few game systems (PS3, Wii, 3DS, PSP, N64, PS2, GBA/GBC, NES/SNES. Also, I have a Steam account)

My apartment is severely underdecorated.

I think that's hopefully enough info for whoever happens to be unlucky enough to get me. :P

These have been fun in past years. I'll ask Bahamut to send my amazon and steam wishlists to my secret santa. I think music albums are probably what I'll want the most.

I'm going on a church mission for 2 years in January. I have a feeling my family's going to be getting a lot for my mission and I won't be getting many toys for Christmas this year so fun stuff would be much appreciated.

That said, creative gifts are really awesome too. Dark Link gave me an awesome bead-sprite a few years ago and I still have it hanging around somewhere.

That said, creative gifts are really awesome too. Dark Link gave me an awesome bead-sprite a few years ago and I still have it hanging around somewhere.

:mrgreen:

I'm really flattered that you liked it so much.

As for me, this year I don't have anything specific in mind. I've gotten music two years running now, and that's been great to me. But if you draw my name and you have the desire to spend money, I'll also give some general ideas:

-Like many, I am a college student.

-I wear a medium in men's

-I have a 3DS and a 360 (I don't have access to Live for the foreseeable future) that I do most of my gaming on, in addition to an old PSP (not hacked, sadly), a PS2, and on occasion, a Wii (it's out right now for repairs).

-I also have Steam, but it's spotty what I can and can't run on this laptop. Portal 2 barely runs if I shut everything else down, so that's the absolute upper limit.

-I love just about anything Zelda.

-Other series I happen to like a lot: Assassin's Creed, Kingdom Hearts, and Alan Wake

-While I love music, I have absolutely no shortage of it right now. Which is not to say you can't gift me some, but if you're going to, it might not be a bad idea to ask if I have it.

-I am also a fan of creative gifts, both giving and receiving. Make it a good one, and that's good enough for me. ;-)

Sure I'll give some info about me, why not.

I'm a gamer (obvs), nerd (also probably obvs), music teacher, songwriter/electronic musician, costume/fashion designer, sometimes comic artist, and a girly girl.

Right now, I play a lot of League of Legends and not a lot of anything else.

I'm about to build myself a sweet new computer for making music, and do not have nearly enough plugins/VSTs/samples to utilize all that space/power.

I like cute, shiny, and pretty things, such as stuffies or jewelry/accessories, or fanart/fancrafts. But I already have enough hats, scarves, and gloves. Also, I have metal allergies, so I can only wear earrings with silver or gold hooks.

I am vegetarian/vegan-preferred and do not tend to like chocolate too much, so edible things are a little tricky for me.

Creative crafty/personally-made things are super too.

And if you really want to just go with a gift card, I would get the most out of an Amazon card.

But honestly, I'm fine with anything! It's the thought that counts :-)

If you have any specific questions about me, you can ask kitty ^_^

Warning in advance: my recipient will probably be receiving something handmade by me. I did that last year and had way too much fun with it.

i should post some interests.

i play league of legends, eve online, and a bunch of other random console things. i don't really have any games i want for consoles, but i am interested in pokemon conquest if anyone wants to splurge on a real game (not really keen on most other ds games, i've played most of them). i have an xbox, so live points is a positive if you want something simple. i have a blu-ray player, so i'm always up for blu-rays. it might be worth checking to see if i have it already. i like explosions (a la Avengers) and intrigue (a la The Prestige). along the line of games, i love card games and the like, particularly economy games like catan and dominion (i own no expansions!) and cooperative games like flashpoint.

beyond that, i like game-y stuff. i'm 26 and married and a Christian so not everything's really appropriate when it comes to gamer clothing and the like (i'm a mens L/XL depending on the day) but i still like a lot of it. i'm not a huge fan of memorabilia, but if it's something stuffed and cute and able to be nom'd by a baby, well, i've got one of those on the way before christmas, so that's totally cool.

i like whiskey but don't own a good whiskey glass or any stones, so that would be a cheap cool thing. i also love love love bawls guarana, in the blue pebbled bottle (as anyone who knows me from mag knows, i'd blow 20-30$ on the stuff every MAGFest because i don't get it elsewhere).

my wishlist at amazon is here.

Okay uh

I have so many books that I've broken two sets of shelves. 90% of it is manga.

I have 3DS, PSP, 360, Wii, and PS3, although my backlog on all of those is embarassingly large.

My DVD collection is also equally large and backlogged.

I like listening to music.

I'm a college student attempting to go into psych.

I adore the Mana series, but own about everything outside of the insane ultra-rare promos for old games for the series.

I take care of my parents and open gifts with extended family who still aren't keen on what this "innernet" thing is so if it's something that polite company wouldn't like, find some way to warn me, on the box or through baha and I can hide it or something.

What else goes here?

Male PC gamer here. I appreciate most popular titles except FPS (though I still like BL2 and don't have the DLC) these days. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197977486001/wishlist

I like stuffed animals and useful things (I have a full tool kit already).

I'm an English teacher and in need of various teaching supplies (sturdy staplers, laminator, pens etc.)

I enjoy t-shirts and fit most size mediums. Larges are usually too big for me.

As far as food goes, I have no food allergies and I really like peanut M&Ms but any sort of dessert or snack I'll eat.

I have a blu-ray player but only one blu-ray (Pirates of the Caribbean).

If you want more specifics, ask diotrans.

I might as well post my own list in here too. Nice call :)

* I'm a girl so remember that if you're going for anything specific, though I'm not quite as girly as Amy so stuff like cosmetics and perfume are out of the window. I tend to invest my money more on gadgetry more than anything else.

* Gaming-wise, I regularly use my Wii, DS, PSP and PlayStation 3 (the latter I just acquired last week). I generally like my games to be more cartoon-like in nature, though this might be a bit difficult since I'm unable to play imported titles for anything other than Nintendo handhelds.

* I'm a big fan of PS1 platformers (they to me were my glory days in regards to gaming); it's become obviously evident that I am a HUGE fan of Crash Bandicoot in particular, though I also have fond memories of Spyro, Klonoa and Ape Escape as well.

* Talking of Spyro, I've also been collecting the Skylanders figures as of late. I would prefer that if someone DOES go down this route, they would go for any individual characters currently available that I don't own atm, which is actually a fair number. That can easily be imported over from country to country (and continent!) as well :)

* I'm similarly open for some more ridiculous gift ideas, like some of the others have been stating. Though, be sure to keep the item clean (i.e. no NSFW stuff).

* I also use the USA iTunes store as well as the UK one, so I'm open for gift cards too if you can't think of much else.

* If in doubt, there's also my Steam Wishlist! Since getting this new PC in June I've been able to do that more often as well :)

* And finally my most notable IRC trait; throwing Mr. Saturns at people, which is pretty much my equivalent of a facepalm.

And there we go, a list from me!

I wanna do it! I'll PM you my details!

Here's the deal with me and my interests and stuff:

So I'm on my third degree studying percussion. Well, it's actually a diploma, but I'm still super busy with school right now. Being a student takes up most of my time, so you won't really ever see me playing any MMOs.

When I am allowed to have fun, often times I will spend it DROWNING MYSELF IN ALCOHOL. Okay, maybe not drowning, but I definitely enjoy it. I'm mostly a beer guy, but I also like making mixed drinks as well. I'll drink wine but I'm not that into it.

I also collect video game systems, and sometimes I EVEN PLAY THEM! But, I don't get a lot of time to do that either. The systems I own are:

Wii

Xbox + 360 (can't do online play yet, need network adapter!)

PSX and 2 (and 1 but that doesn't matter lol)

Gamecube

Nintendo 64

SNES

NES

Gameboy/color/advance sp

Game gear

Dreamcast

Saturn

Genesis/CD/32X (with sonic and knux and game genie to complete the POWER TOWER)

Atari 2600 (that doesn't have any cables i dont know if it works :[)

So if you want to send a collectible (figurines, bead sprites, stuffed animals, any thing like that is awesome!) or a game or even a system I don't have that you've acquired for cheap, you would be totally awesome!! Note that I don't have any of the more popular hand held systems (PSP, DS, etc), in case you're thinking of sending me a game for one of those. I guess if you did, that would just force me to buy one of those systems!

I'm also a total brony. stuff it.

I'm always interested in dressing well! If you are the fashionably inclined, my shirt size is typically M and my waistline is around 32".

As far as percussion stuff goes, I'm pretty well stocked--unless you really know the industry (and what I have/don't have, which is a lot), I wouldn't worry with this.

Homemade crafts are awesome too, btw. If you're the creative type, have at it!

Anyway that's all I can think of. Happy santaing!