Brandon Strader

Final Fantasy III (Finish Song or Risk Being Cut)

I understand Brandon's upset, but my track has just been sitting in the nether for the last 4 years. I'm ready to get it out there! He's had plenty of time to get his version of this album finished.

Just catching up quick because I know reigniting interest in this album facilitates not going too long between updates here and there.

Nothing to update at the moment - I've been busy off my ass, barely getting any sleep, weather and other things getting too far in my way IRL to work on stuff and its culminated now to a small relapse into the clinical depression/depersonalization I've been at since about this time in 2016 which gives me oversensitivity to even the most minimal of emotional subjects as well as a really irrational and involuntary phobia of aging and time moving forward - which is just about the stupidest thing in the world.

It'll pass and I'm not too fucked up right now, thankfully, but this little relapse has been a few degrees stronger than some of the others and I'll still need some time working on other things until that passes.

So not a great update, I understand, but I also just wanted to chime in something so no one thinks energy or momentum has already stalled or anything. Nope, just the universe deciding to use me as its personal diarrhea outlet once again. It'll be done and over with soon and I can get back on here.

Thank you!

This depersonalization episode has been lingering and I've not been able to shake it fully. I'm past the parts I need to be concerned about, now I'm just waiting for it to pass entirely.

In the meantime I've been slowly trying to gather .WAVs from people and I only have about 8 myself. Rexy might have some others, but we need to get .WAVs in first before we can formulate what to do from there.

So send your .WAVs in, folks.

I'll keep updating as updates and sanity come in.

While I'd had worse Septembers than this, it's not been good. The stress of it got so bad that it fully undid the depression progress I'd made since the second week of August. I spent various parts of the last 8 days unable to sleep and almost paralyzed with fears that can't be rationalized away.

I have a moment of clarity now, so before the fear starts back up, I'll give a small update.

I had been talking concepts and ideas with Rexy. I'd not gotten as many .WAVs from people as I would've hoped, so I do think we might have to redo some key tracks. I'm personally not wanting to do a whole full soundtrack arrangement, but a sense of balance has to be brought to it, so I will talk with Rexy on how best to achieve it.

I'd also been trying to get some ideas for project artwork. I had a great idea, but it turns out to be derivative. I'm not too picky on what the artwork should be for the cover, just needs to look good and make sense with reconciling the themes of the game.

Sorry it's not a more positive update, shit's been reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllly fucked on my end as usual. As sanity returns to me, I'll try to get more done on it.

Depression/depersonalization lingers, but I'm making progress in recovery all the same.

Some things in my professional (i.e. that which makes money) music world has shifted up some - two long-standing other commissioned work I started on long ago is finished and a third is pretty close to wrapping up (which is good, because the game release date is coming up sooner than I expected. Yikes), which is pretty good for me considering the last two months on my end. I will please ask that you allow me to release the first two music items here in the immediate timeframe as it will, in the long-run, clear my plate off some and allow me to recover the energy needed to back to this one.

Thank you for allowing me some breathing room here. I'll have a new status report after a while here.

We've gotten three WAVs from @Sixto, we've confirmed @OceansAndrew abandoned his track & won't be revisiting, and I'm pestering @Flexstyle about the status on his track. @Rexy has been assisting.

For OA's track, the source is (apparently?) relatively popular/critical, so this might be one we want to fill in the gaps for...

38 minutes ago, djpretzel said:

@Jorito Yes please, much appreciated!

Will do. There’s also some other people on that list I could reach; I’ll give those a whirl too.