Final Fantasy III: Resurrection - Wrapping Up (Sign Consent Form!)

Brandon Strader

Just finished recording guitars and everything for my track that I plan on entering in Dwelling of Duels :) Really excited about the partnership with DoD for this album! The only issue I'm having now is that I'm not particularly good at mixing/production related stuff (well at least not up to par for OCR standards). Anyone interested in collaborating this month and mixing a (not too heavy) metal track that has lots of guitars? 

DoD's rules allow people to enter two tracks in a month if they are only the main arranger on one of them. So if you plan on entering your own track as well, this wouldn't interfere with that. To that point, I am also available to lay down some guitar on someone else's mix if anyone needs that.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MooglePower said:

If we're currently working on a track for DoD, do we need to submit a claim here or should we just proceed with DoD as normal?  Sorry, new to submitting to OCR here.

Hey :) The Dwelling of Duels is an anonymous competition, so it's best that you don't mention what you're arranging outright.  Just participate through the DoD as normal, and then when the competition is over, you're more than welcome to submit to OCR's inbox.

7 minutes ago, Rexy said:

Hey :) The Dwelling of Duels is an anonymous competition, so it's best that you don't mention what you're arranging outright.  Just participate through the DoD as normal, and then when the competition is over, you're more than welcome to submit to OCR's inbox.

Gotcha, sounds good to me!  I've been submitted to DoD for the past year but am just now trying to do OCR, so I was just unaware of how it worked on the OCR side.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

@begoma I've been in contact with Brandon and we hope to put things behind us, make this the best album possible, and release something both OCR & he will be proud of - given that it's the third leg of a trilogy he started, I thought we should at least try to make this happen, and @Rexy has been helping make that possible. Right now mithius is working on some epic material that I know will elevate the final result - I still hope to release this year, and we'll be discussing timeline soon.

So, short version: Not dead, trying to work with Brandon to make something happen, stay tuned.

@djpretzelHey, thanks for the patience. I never got back in touch with @Rexy on my "The Way To The Top" mix.

What's the ideal cutoff date to gather and release everything? By Thanksgiving latest I can guarantee salvaging from a dead hard drive (or completely redoing/rebuilding) TWTTTop, but I don't wanna be a diva and halt this project anymore. We've all clearly wanted to get this out for years, and instead of holding up traffic I don't mind releasing my mix as a standalone sub since I’ve already contributed other tracks to the project, rushing isn't my forte.

It's not the amount of time needed for the mix, it's the fact I'm fighting an already dead hard drive and racing against a failing PSU.

All that aside, thanks a lot to staff for the patience with all us remixers and all the hard work in getting this project completed after so many years.

@begoma slightly offtopic, and this is EXTREMELY late (life happens), but hell yeah I'm down for the group collab if it's still on the table.

2 hours ago, Damashii!! said:

What's the ideal cutoff date to gather and release everything? By Thanksgiving latest I can guarantee salvaging from a dead hard drive (or completely redoing/rebuilding) TWTTTop

@Damashii!! I'll talk to Brandon and see how things are going on his end; very real possibility that Thanksgiving time frame will work, and would be awesome to include your work.

We sent some emails your way, trying to make sure everything's okay. Let us know what's up, and also I have a spare PSU I can send you, if it helps.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Aaaaight...

Technically, I've just emailed Bev the/a final wav, and shared a link in the project subforum.

Waaaaaay back years ago I pitched the idea to Brandon about having anybody join in for the anthem singing section, but I'm playing chicken with my PSU at this point and I know the homeboy is about to fail at any moment.

Leaving it to y'all's discretion. I'm good to get whoever's vocals wanna jump in and wrap this up by Thanksgiving, otherwise I'm also cool with the current iteration being the final wav. Vocals from everybody would be fire but shit is legit dicey with my computer right now.

@djpretzel If the spare PSU offer is still open I would tremendously appreciate taking you up on that offer, and I can follow up with you on it