Super Mario RPG: Window to the Stars - History

Theory of N

Is the official name of the album "Don't You Dig These Vibes?" I think just "Dig These Vibes" would be shorter, catchier, and more commanding. Dig these vibes, god damn it! Just moi humble opinion.

I do like that it's shorter. The title is a quote of what the Thwomp in Monstro Town says when you talk to him. You have to hear him say that at least three times before you can get the key to continue.

That being said, I've been considering re-titling the project (and a somewhat loose theme for artwork) to involve Tadpole Pond since it's basically a music school. Any ideas or suggestions on either point?

That being said, I've been considering re-titling the project (and a somewhat loose theme for artwork) to involve Tadpole Pond since it's basically a music school. Any ideas or suggestions on either point?

tadpole pond is .... disturbing, for an album imagery... it's very.... .... reproductive.. I don't say that to troll, I say it as someone who considers tadpoles to be frog fetuses? And I think that's a weird thing to think of when you think of the album :-)

tadpole pond is .... disturbing, for an album imagery... it's very.... .... reproductive.. I don't say that to troll, I say it as someone who considers tadpoles to be frog fetuses? And I think that's a weird thing to think of when you think of the album :-)

Also tadpoles look like QUARTER NOTES

No wait that was actually constructive. I mean, something sexual

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone! I'd like to work on the track: From Inside the Earthen Pipe. This is my favorite version of the underground BGM from the original Super Mario Brothers. I have already started experimenting with vocal work for the pad elements. I'd like to make it an electronic smooth jazz fusion. Mimicking the tone and percussion from 'La Habanera' by Yello off of the 'One Second' Album. Particularly 2 minuets in to the track.

I expect to have something to show of it by May 10th.

Edit:

I'm seriously liking Tadpole Mix-tape. I might suggest a variant of what DaMonz said:

Trip to the Stars.

Edit 2: Don't have anything quite ready just yet. sorry.

Edited by The Monster Is Confused.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

ALL RIGHT FOLKS. Let's get this project on the road! :nicework:

I've been assigned to help in any way I can to get this project done.

Please private message me if you're working on the project and if you're not already on the track list, and tell me what's your status if that's the case (Claimed, WIP, Finished, etc.) If you're already on the track list, check your inbox!

Let's make Shimomura-sama proud! :-D

Hey guys, just wanted to stop by real quick and let everyone know what's going on. I'm currently computerless, been that way for almost a year now it feels like, and since going back to school, life's been super hectic and I've had no time to focus on anything but school.

Unfortunately, nothing has really changed on my end. In fact, things are getting even more hectic with the end of semester coming up but Emery got in touch with me recently asking about the project and I realized it had been practically dead for a while. So in an attempt to actually finish this project, I asked him to step in and get the ball rolling again until I can devote more time.

I apologize deeply for the wishy-washiness of this project status but I'm sure between the two of us, we'll finally see the light of day. Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far and thanks in advance to everyone who will contribute in the future. We'll get this done yet!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

SMRPG! Working hard! Music getting made! Keep it up folks, I KNOW we can do it! :)

We still need a title, though. Here are most candidates I could find that people suggested yet:

Tadpole Mixtape
Show on the Road
Trip to the Stars
We're All Made of Stars
Return of the Star Guardians
Roadside Adventure

I'd like to get as many opinions as possible, and more suggestions if you have any! Food for thought: finding something related to the Tadpoles and/or the Star Road might be a good idea!

Would it be bad form to name the album after one of the songs? We TEND not to do that, but DAMN if some of the song names wouldn't make great album names.... specifically:

• "The Road is Full of Dangers"
  • "Seeking Dreams Through the Window of the Stars" (or just "The Window of the Stars")
  • "Celebrational Melody"
  • "Delightful Adventure"

...and then, it would probably be too lolz, but another idea is something that plays off the very conversational source titles, such as:

• "The Album is Full of Music" :)
  • "Let's ReMix SMRPG!" :P

Like I said, probably too lolz...

Other ideas:

• "On the Road" (Kerouac ref)
  • "Road to the Stars" (incidentally, a 1957 Soviet Sci-Fi film)
  • "Hit the Star Road!"

Personally, I really like "The Road is Full of Dangers" and "The Window of the Stars" as legit album names... and "Delightful Adventure" has a certain Zen simplicity to it, as well...

How about...Suck it, Square. Or would that be too gauche?

Speaking of song names that would make great album names, I'm partial to Hard-Working Moles Are Good Moles or Long Long Ago.... Or you could go with a hybrid, something like OC Remix and Toadofski Create Exquisite Music.

Original names? I dunno. 'Shrooms n' Goombas?

It doesn't sound too exciting but maybe something like "Timed Hits" as a reference to the battle system. I tried to look for an official name for the timing system in it but I didn't find anything with a fancier name than timed hits haha.

EDIT: Seems they're called "Action Commands" in newer games (Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi), but that sounds even lamer.

• Liontamer changed the title to Super Mario RPG: Window to the Stars - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic