Sonic: Lost World

Crowbar Man

Not sure if this needs its own thread but here is the trailer for Sonic: Lost Worlds for those who haven't seen it yet:

Sonic: Lost Worlds (Wii U)

Personally I'm mixed but as with anything Sega shows off with Sonic you need to be cautious anyways.

It screams high speed Mario Galaxy in presentation (and maybe some Sonic Xtreme if anybody remembers that canceled game). Which could be either a good or bad thing

The new enemies look terrible though. Also terrible music in the trailer

Edited by Crowbar Man

Not sure if this needs its own thread but here is the trailer for Sonic: Lost Worlds for those who haven't seen it yet:

Personally I'm mixed but as with anything Sega shows off with Sonic you need to be cautious anyways.

It screams high speed Mario Galaxy in presentation (and maybe some Sonic Xtreme if anybody remembers that canceled game). Which could be either a good or bad thing

Sonic Colours had a terrible main theme / trailer theme (IMO) but the rest of the soundtrack was fantastic. The enemies do look pretty dang silly, but the gameplay intrigues me. I'ma keep my eye on it.

Ignore the music. It's just meant to appeal to a wide audience. Assassin's Creed 3 did the same thing in their trailer. As for the enemies, I don'd mind them at ALL! They look like enemies you'd see in a Genesis Sonic game. What would you prefer? A humanoid like on Sonic '06? Yet another fucking hedgehog? As for gameplay, it does seem like a blatant copy of Mario Galaxy; floating islands above a planet, each with their own gravitational force. Looks good though! As opposed to Mario games (yeah, THANKS Nintendo...), this series actually needs to be "brought back to the basics."

I'm liking it so far. The one thing I'm a bit surprised about is the graphics seem to be a downgrade from previous games. I honestly don't care all that much about graphics, though.

Also, the music isn't even Sonic. That's the instrumental of "Cinema" by Benny Benassi. :D

They look like enemies you'd see in a Genesis Sonic game. What would you prefer? A humanoid like on Sonic '06?

In every single Genesis game it was Robotnik/Eggman (who is technically humanoid), so not sure which Genesis game you played where the villain was something other than Robotnik/Eggman. And even though he was really creepy and too real looking, Robotnik/Eggman was still in 06, but that game had so many other issues that it doesn't really matter. Eggman being a villain in 06 wasn't its problem. I don't see any problems with him continuing to be the villain, just as Bowser/Koopa continues to be the villain for Mario.

Edited by Crowbar Man

In every single Genesis game it was Robotnik/Eggman (who is technically humanoid), so not sure which Genesis game you played where the villain was something other than Robotnik/Eggman. And even though he was really creepy and too real looking, Robotnik/Eggman was still in 06, but that game had so many other issues that it doesn't really matter. Eggman being a villain in 06 wasn't its problem. I don't see any problems with him continuing to be the villain, just as Bowser/Koopa continues to be the villain for Mario.

Huh? Oh, no, my bad. I meant artistically speaking. Actually they remind me of Mega Man bosses mostly. I just meant I could picture them being in a Sonic game.

Gmixer posted this in the Wii U thread:

http://www.sonicretro.org/2013/06/plenty-of-new-sonic-lost-world-gameplay-footage/

Now, being cautiously optimistic, but this is looking pretty good!

The 1st level kind makes me nauseous a little but maybe because i'm watching and not playing, but the later level that is more 2.5 D looks pretty cool.

I also like that they've actually made his default run into more of a slower jog so there is more focus on platforming, UNLESS you want to just run then you can hold R. Kinda like best of both words catering to both types of Sonic fans

Edited by Crowbar Man

For those of you who haven't seen this yet:

http://www.sonicretro.org/2013/06/plenty-of-new-sonic-lost-world-gameplay-footage/

I'm actually really beginning to look forward to this game. It's looking really nice.

so, basically Sonic-meets-mario-galaxy? Sounds awesome to me

edit: I spoke too soon holy shit. Even more awesome than I anticipated

Edited by Anorax

you never played Descent, did you

Descent made people sick? O_o Huh, I guess I could see where it might...

To the game: This is actually the first Sonic game in many, many years I've even vaguely wanted to play. It looks like they're keeping touchpad usage toned pretty far down, which also makes me happy.

I think Sonic began to truly catch my attention again when Sonic Generations released. Sonic Unleashed actually got me hyped too, honestly. It wasn't as good as I was hoping, but Unleashed, in my opinion, really didn't suck. Sonic Colors bored me to tears, unfortunately.

With what has been said, this honestly does seem to be a follow up to Sonic Colors though , but so far it's looking way better and way more interesting and fun.