Round three: Final Fantasy X: Battle Theme

ffxlogo.jpg

Midi

Starts: 4/11/2013

Ends: 14/11/2013 @ 2PM

Vote Stage: Nov 14 to 16

Submit your remix Here when completed.

MISSION STATEMENT

The goal of Compo:MnP is to promote that "meat and potatoes" conservative approach to remixing: this includes the mood and composition of source tunes. It is up to the remixer to create their own personalization, or to simply give it a sound upgrade. Moreover, the compo is a great opportunity to hone your remixing skills and give video game music the respect that is due. A modicum of originality is recommended, but not required.

All competitors and voters must adhere to the rules stated within: Competition Code and Conduct *

MnP Instructions

1. Slight alterations of the source are encouraged, but not required.

2. Covers and Sound Upgrades are permitted.

3. Stay relatively close to the source's mood and notation. Refer to the example tracks for reference.

4. Any genre is acceptable, so long as it doesn't affect point #3 too much.

5. Submissions must be at a maximum of 20mb (keeping in step with ThaSauce's file size max).

6. Don't make any qualitative remarks about your submissions until after the voting stage.

7. When voting, please try to put enjoyability first, but consider production values as well.

Example Tracks:

FF7_RedXIII_Redux,

EWJ_Wormaphobic Disorder, Source

Terranigma_EnigmaOfABrokenSoul,

FF7_SonOfChaos,

SMW_Monstrous_Turtles,

Hitman_Contract_Cleaner,

MISC/TIPS

- When picking a source tune, make sure it has a MIDI to make ppl's lives easier.

- Don't be afraid to collaborate

- In-game sound FX are permitted, so long as you aren't going overboard with 'em ;)

- *Some* source tunes don't have drums or percussion for a reason. So keeping it that way may be the easiest way to retain much of the original feel, such as

and

MnP

Edited by HoboKa

No sadly, it has to be made new for the competition round. Especially if people have already heard your battle medley remix :P

BTW have you managed to log into ThaSauce yet?

That's actually not my theme; I'm just referencing this 40+ minute Final Fantasy medley that everyone should check out if they like FF's music. As for ThaSauce, I checked the FAQ and tried resending the mail, but nothing has worked so far.

That's actually not my theme; I'm just referencing this 40+ minute Final Fantasy medley that everyone should check out if they like FF's music. As for ThaSauce, I checked the FAQ and tried resending the mail, but nothing has worked so far.

Okay, I'm gonna have to hop onto their IRC channel and get some1 to activate it. Oh...haven't seen/heard that medley before ><

Well, with me trying to get into the Bad Ass 3 album, a FF character battle in front of me and a lot of stuff to do to get my real life back together, I can't promise anything.

And I'm not afraid to die!!!! :tomatoface:

Yeah, I hear you. I'm working on a BA3 remix (Deathevan's theme), got OCR Christmas to do, potentially getting back into that DKC64 project (have 2 wips there, but I think only 1 of them is worth developing further). And I'm sure I'm forgetting some other obligation that I owe someone somewhere on OCR lol. But if you can get something done that'd be awesome :D ...I might even make a bonus mix for this compo myself, but no promises!

EDIT

oh yeah, I'm doing the FF Crystal Clash too lol

Edited by HoboKa

Well, this is going to be a very silly take, but I doubt I'm going to have the time to come up with anything else.

MnP Instructions

1. Slight alterations of the source are encouraged, but not required.

2. Covers and Sound Upgrades are permitted.

3. Stay relatively close to the source's mood and notation. Refer to the example tracks for reference.

4. Any genre is acceptable, so long as it doesn't affect point #3 too much.

5. Submissions must be at a maximum of 20mb (keeping in step with ThaSauce's file size max).

6. Don't make any qualitative remarks about your submissions until after the voting stage.

7. When voting, please try to put enjoyability first, but consider production values as well.

That rule's in place because I don't wish voters to develop a bias before even hearing the remix, unless it is intentional (i.e. troll remix)

Whoop. Although silly isn't particularly descriptive, especially given that I haven't made enough things to have a "standard" style from which silly would deviate.

Eh, I'll just shut up until after voting.

That's the spirit :nicework:

I know...this isn't exactly conducive to getting more discussion going on (at least until voting's done), but it's how PRC operates as well, so...

Well 3 days to go and only 1 submission, albeit the FF crystal clash compo is definitely overshadowing this round, so it's sort of inevitable. I think I'll do up a quickie so that Chernabogue won't feel so lonely :P

Don't let that be an excuse to sit back tho, if you have the time and inclination ;)

Don't worry, I'm planning on submitting. I haven't done it yet because I keep telling myself I'll find the time to [QUALITATIVE DESCRIPTORS REDACTED], but whether I find that time or not I will be submitting what I have.

the time signature has been throwing me off. i really think this would make a good orchestral latin inspired trip hop track or something, but i just cant seem to get around that time signature and im out of time. So i think ill just wait till next round! good luck guys!

Oy vey - that's too bad laddie.

And yeah, it is tricky, but I have an uh...trick. Sometimes I just turn off mah snap-to-grid feature and just fiddle around with the note timing till it 'clicks' - so to me it's not 2 much of a biggie - especially when I have a midi to rip and I can use ghost channels. >:3

I'm having too much fun with this one...and guess what! There's nothing in the competition code of conduct saying that a runner can't compete >:3

Hmmm to be an arse and compete, or not...so tempting...:puppyeyes:

Maybe I should've asked if that was alright with you guys before the last day of the competition :(

*BAH* I can't. There's too many ways to break the compo cuz I can edit the point system at ThaSauce. But lemme tell you guys, I was tempted for about 120 seconds :D That and the lack of competitors for this round didn't help q.q

Edited by HoboKa