Nintendo DS

The Damned

It seems like the same pattern for me too, actually - the only ones I play regularly and keep coming back to are the ones I have that support wifi.

Incidentally, on a totally different subject, am I the only one looking forward to this Konductra?

Innovative and slick puzzle game coming to DS with wifi support. Looks interesting - it took a long time to get a publisher.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/670/670878p1.html

(Outdated, but describes the game)

Ossu, Tatake, Ouendan! is coming to the US as the "Elite Beat" agents(part of title?). I think I'll buy it. :)

I might buy it, I might it not. Depends if it has good songs or not.

Actually, Elite Beat Angels is more of a sequal than a localization. Same idea, but not the same game.

But Ossu, Tatake, Ouendan! is coming out here. It was one the list of games at E3.

Guys there's a Mega Man ZX trailer at gamespot...

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/action/megamanzx/media.html

I have NEVER once seen a female Megaman.

Watch Captain N: The Gamemaster then.

You say that like it's a bad thing...

Though, from what I've heard, it probably is... Mouser X out.

It is. Considering they had an ugly GREEN midget Megaman to begin with(With a visor too for some fucked up reason), and their form of a female Megaman was pink with blonde hair.

Also, there's no need to sign your posts. That's what your signature's for.

Hmm...pics?

Yeah, http://media.ds.ign.com/media/794/794195/imgs_1.html. It looks like it'll shape up to be a decent Megaman game IMO. It has its own unique features, like the whole "biometal" things. Supposedly the story will be told via voiceacting and anime clips (which is nice in a way, so there's hopefully no stupid slideshow "animations" like in Megaman X5). But hell, a side-scrolling Megaman game is always welcome to me, just because I've been a fan of the gameplay since the orignal MM game came out.

Also, I'm really interested in Contact. I read about it in Nintendo Power, but for some reason they didn't seem to have anything on it on ign. It sounds like an innovative RPG, created by Grasshopper (the studio that made Killer 7) and Atlus (the studio that made Trauma Center).

One other game I'm looking forward to is Final Fantasy 3. I'm not a huge fan of a lot of the more recent FF games (ESPECIALLY FF12), but I loved FF1, 2, and 4 for the GBA and FF3 looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun too. Too bad there wasn't all that much news about it at E3 :(.

I've lost interest in some of my DS games, but I still go back and play a lot of them. I still play Mario Kart a lot, I've played through Canvas Curse a couple times, Warioware occasionally, I'm playing through Mario and Luigi: PiT again, and Ossu, Tatake, Ouendan! gets better every time I play it. The only games I've really gotten into though since the DS's launch are Super Mario 64 DS and Mario Kart. Both of which I've put 80+ hours into.

I have to, especially Yoshi Touch & Go. I only bought it because I had money and I wanted a DS game... it doesn't entertain me at all anymore. Other than that I have been pretty happy with the DS games I have purchased and some of them I am surprised that I have been so satisfied. Take Meteos for example. I wasn't sure if I was going to like the game, and I had friends who had played it but didn't like it. But I got it anyway and now I love it.

Speaking of Meteos What the heck!?!

Also, I'm really interested in Contact. I read about it in Nintendo Power, but for some reason they didn't seem to have anything on it on ign. It sounds like an innovative RPG, created by Grasshopper (the studio that made Killer 7) and Atlus (the studio that made Trauma Center).

Check out this review.

(It was released in Japan back in March)

Check out this review.

Interesting...I'm gonna keep looking forward to it lol.

I dunno about the rest of you but I'm personally looking really forward to Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. I know a lot of people bitched about the cell-shaded art style, but I still liked Wind Waker (oh, AND despite the damn sailing). I guess the nice thing about PH is that it's gonna cut out the part of the sailing that made it bad: navigation. Just plotting the points on the map will streamline and make it not feel like work IMO :P. At any rate though, I'm gonna be picking up that title since it just looks like fun.

To comment on some of these titles:

:arrow: Final Fantasy 3: I played it at E3, and while the graphics are very nice, I was very dismayed that the battle system hasn't been touched during the revamping. It's still the classic, menu-based watch-attack-selection battle system from the original game. Blah. So boring.

:arrow: Contact: This game looks good. It's very weird (what do you expect from Grasshopper?). Sometimes the game looks a lot like Earthbound, and then sometimes the game looks a lot like a modern 3D DS game.

:arrow: Mega Man ZX: While the concept may not look very good, the gameplay in this game is superb. It's looking to return the Mega Man franchise to the grace it once held in the X series. Mega Man fans should be very happy once this game comes out. I full plan on getting it.

And ones that nobody has commented on yet:

:arrow:Deep Labyrinth- Masato Katou (Chrono Trigger scenarist) and Yasunori Mitsuda are reunited again! This game, as IGN points out, is similar to King's Field. it's a first-person action RPG that uses the touch screen for attacking, blocking, and even spell-casting. It looks good; didn't get a chance to play it at E3, but I saw a lot of gameplay.

:arrow:Touch Detective- The cutest game ever. It's an adventure/mystery game that uses the touch screen for exploration and clue-gathering.

:arrow:Hotel Dusk: Room 215- From the makers of Trace memory comes another adventure game with an awesome art style. Notice from the screens (which I urge you to look at; they are sweet), you hold your DS sideways to play the game, like you would hold a book. This is my most anticipated DS title of the year.

To comment on some of these titles:

:arrow: Final Fantasy 3: I played it at E3, and while the graphics are very nice, I was very dismayed that the battle system hasn't been touched during the revamping. It's still the classic, menu-based watch-attack-selection battle system from the original game. Blah. So boring.

:arrow: Contact: This game looks good. It's very weird (what do you expect from Grasshopper?). Sometimes the game looks a lot like Earthbound, and then sometimes the game looks a lot like a modern 3D DS game.

:arrow: Mega Man ZX: While the concept may not look very good, the gameplay in this game is superb. It's looking to return the Mega Man franchise to the grace it once held in the X series. Mega Man fans should be very happy once this game comes out. I full plan on getting it.

And ones that nobody has commented on yet:

:arrow:Deep Labyrinth- Masato Katou (Chrono Trigger scenarist) and Yasunori Mitsuda are reunited again! This game, as IGN points out, is similar to King's Field. it's a first-person action RPG that uses the touch screen for attacking, blocking, and even spell-casting. It looks good; didn't get a chance to play it at E3, but I saw a lot of gameplay.

:arrow:Touch Detective- The cutest game ever. It's an adventure/mystery game that uses the touch screen for exploration and clue-gathering.

:arrow:Hotel Dusk: Room 215- From the makers of Trace memory comes another adventure game with an awesome art style. Notice from the screens (which I urge you to look at; they are sweet), you hold your DS sideways to play the game, like you would hold a book. This is my most anticipated DS title of the year.

That's awesome. Sounds like the DS will be getting some really awesome games soon. 8) I'm excited for the DS' future :!:

Check out this review.

I dunno about the rest of you but I'm personally looking really forward to Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. I know a lot of people bitched about the cell-shaded art style, but I still liked Wind Waker (oh, AND despite the damn sailing). I guess the nice thing about PH is that it's gonna cut out the part of the sailing that made it bad: navigation. Just plotting the points on the map will streamline and make it not feel like work IMO :P. At any rate though, I'm gonna be picking up that title since it just looks like fun.

I am a bit skeptical about controling Link with the touch screen. Regardless of my worries I am going to get it anyway.

The navigation in the Wind Waker never bugged me, it was the time you spent doing nothing as your ship went aross the ocean. The game is still awesome though...

Check out this review.

I am a bit skeptical about controling Link with the touch screen. Regardless of my worries I am going to get it anyway.

The navigation in the Wind Waker never bugged me, it was the time you spent doing nothing as your ship went aross the ocean. The game is still awesome though...

I was also skeptical of controlling Kirby with a touch screen, and that worked out wonderfully. And, remember, Nintendo has never produced a bad Zelda game. I still stand by that statement, though some 'tards bash Wind Waker.

I'm getting frustrated at a friend of mine who insists that the New Super Mario Bros. shouldn't have been a DS title. He says portable games are a waste and that Nintendo should have launched it as a Cube title.

Personally, I feel NSMB is a perfect fit for the DS. And besides, the handheld market is more open to side scrollers, as people in general (myself not included) don't want to pay 50 bucks for a 2D game anymore, no matter how fun it is.

And, if we did things that way, there'd never be any good handheld games, as games like Metroid Fusion, Pokemon, and Minish Cap would have been put on consoles and not on handhelds.

I was also skeptical of controlling Kirby with a touch screen, and that worked out wonderfully. And, remember, Nintendo has never produced a bad Zelda game. I still stand by that statement, though some 'tards bash Wind Waker.

Kirby: Canvas Curse was not a traditional Kirby game meaning they could build the game in a way that fits the touch screen. They could make a new style of gameplay without ruining the game because it wasn't going to be traditional. Phantom Hourglass is going to be a traditional Zelda game, meaning they have to try and make the touch screen fit a preset style of gameplay and make sure not to ruin the gameplay.

One of the reasons I am skeptical is because the video's I have watched have just made it seem kind of difficult to do. But that doesn't mean that it's going to end up that way because a. the player's could just suck or b. the controls will be fixed by release.

I don't want crappy controls to ruin a Zelda game.

I'm getting frustrated at a friend of mine who insists that the New Super Mario Bros. shouldn't have been a DS title. He says portable games are a waste and that Nintendo should have launched it as a Cube title.

Personally, I feel NSMB is a perfect fit for the DS. And besides, the handheld market is more open to side scrollers, as people in general (myself not included) don't want to pay 50 bucks for a 2D game anymore, no matter how fun it is.

And, if we did things that way, there'd never be any good handheld games, as games like Metroid Fusion, Pokemon, and Minish Cap would have been put on consoles and not on handhelds.

I can't imagine having no handhelds because I play my handhelds more than my consoles. Does your friend even have a handheld system? If not tell him to buy one and learn how awesome they can be.

I really liked Wind Waker's conrtols. The fixed "free" camera controlled by the C stick EASILY beats out Super Mario 64-style and Sonic Adventure-style cameras. And if you wanted a camera whose angle followed you, you could just hit L and it would follow you.

I don't see the Wiimote controlling a Zelda game as snoothly or gracefully, though it will certainly be a different style.

Personally I hope that Twilight Princess will allow for both control styles when played on a Wii. I see no reason for it not to.

I really liked Wind Waker's conrtols. The fixed "free" camera controlled by the C stick EASILY beats out Super Mario 64-style and Sonic Adventure-style cameras. And if you wanted a camera whose angle followed you, you could just hit L and it would follow you.

I don't see the Wiimote controlling a Zelda game as snoothly or gracefully, though it will certainly be a different style.

Personally I hope that Twilight Princess will allow for both control styles when played on a Wii. I see no reason for it not to.

Now, if they had plainly stated that the game would work with the gamecube, why would you think any different control scheme would be in place?

Ugh, I misposted that in this thread instead of the wii thread.

Some there speculated that to distinguish Wii TP from Cube TP (They are completely separate versions) they might drop the classic control. I doubt they would though.

Even so, you can only hold one controller at once and if that controller's a wiimote I hope the control and camera is as smooth and intuitive as Wind Waker is.

As far as Phantom Hourglass, I certainly hope the camera is better than the abysmal camera in Super Mario 64 DS.

Some there speculated that to distinguish Wii TP from Cube TP (They are completely separate versions) they might drop the classic control. I doubt they would though.

Even so, you can only hold one controller at once and if that controller's a wiimote I hope the control and camera is as smooth and intuitive as Wind Waker is.

As far as Phantom Hourglass, I certainly hope the camera is better than the abysmal camera in Super Mario 64 DS.

Considering Phantom Hourglass is classic Zleda over-head view, I wouldn't worry about it. :wink:

Played Phantom Hourglass at E3: the controls are fine. They're a lot more intuitive than you would think. PLus the graphics are nice.

So what do you think of the game? Is it a real Zelda, a wierd one like Four Swords and in the middle? I mea, from the videos I've seen, it looked like half-a-zelda...

Played Phantom Hourglass at E3: the controls are fine. They're a lot more intuitive than you would think. PLus the graphics are nice.

So what do you think of the game? Is it a real Zelda, a wierd one like Four Swords and in the middle? I mea, from the videos I've seen, it looked like half-a-zelda...

It's definiately different. Moving is pretty easy; you just touch the screen where you want link to walk, and it's really reponsive, so as soon as you lift up, he stops. Atttacking is done by making slash motions on the touch screen towards the enemies you're fighting.

The demo was only a small area, and the multiplayer mode, but I think the game looks promising. The camera angle is a lot like LttP or Minish Cap, only zoomed in more so Link is larger on screen.

It's definiately different. Moving is pretty easy; you just touch the screen where you want link to walk, and it's really reponsive, so as soon as you lift up, he stops. Atttacking is done by making slash motions on the touch screen towards the enemies you're fighting.

The demo was only a small area, and the multiplayer mode, but I think the game looks promising. The camera angle is a lot like LttP or Minish Cap, only zoomed in more so Link is larger on screen.

Towards the enemy? But woulden't that disrupt walking? I mean you'd be swiping across the screen, then Link would go up and down like crazy right? Sounds wierd, but I guess you have to play it to get it, like canvas curse...

Considering Phantom Hourglass is classic Zleda over-head view, I wouldn't worry about it. :wink:

That's great news. So The D-pad control will be fine and no 3d cameras. Gotcha.

That's great news. So The D-pad control will be fine and no 3d cameras. Gotcha.
You control with the touch screen ;)