Nintendo DS

The Damned

Wasn't Diddy Kong Racing supposed to be a GBA game originally? I remember seeing it listed as one of the early GBA titles when the system first came out.
Nah, it's originally a N64 game. There was an attempt to bring a Diddy Kong Pilot to the GBA, but it got changed to Banjo Pilot and sucked.

Reportedly, this port will have custom tracks. If so, I might actually buy it again.

Yeah, I kept on thinking to myself "if I ever owned an N64, I want it with Diddy Kong Racing". It's good to see it move to the DS, but I'm a little confused on how it's out there. Given that the original was made by Rare, what would you think will be of the use of Banjo, Conker and Tricky considering Rare's owned by Microsoft these days? Just curious, is all.

OOoh, the charcter designs are ugly. I can't play the game now, it will ruin my eyes.

Boo fucking hoo. When I was your age, we used to look at puke green squares moving around puke orange circles. And that was just our movies!

I did too. But SD artwork still isn't exactly appealing. I guess it's wrong to have preferences, huh?

Wasn't Diddy Kong Racing supposed to be a GBA game originally? I remember seeing it listed as one of the early GBA titles when the system first came out.
Nah, it's originally a N64 game. There was an attempt to bring a Diddy Kong Pilot to the GBA, but it got changed to Banjo Pilot and sucked.

Reportedly, this port will have custom tracks. If so, I might actually buy it again.

Yeah, I kept on thinking to myself "if I ever owned an N64, I want it with Diddy Kong Racing". It's good to see it move to the DS, but I'm a little confused on how it's out there. Given that the original was made by Rare, what would you think will be of the use of Banjo, Conker and Tricky considering Rare's owned by Microsoft these days? Just curious, is all.

While it hasn't been confirmed that anyone's been taken out, screenshots show Tiny Kong in a car similar to that of Conker. I expect Kiddy/Chunky Kong to replace Banjo.

I have a friend that was thinking of spending $100 on an imported copy from a store in town. I think he'll enjoy this news (and the price) a lot more.

Might also wanna remind him that places such as this exist and sell it for much cheaper with free shipping ;).

OOoh, the charcter designs are ugly. I can't play the game now, it will ruin my eyes.

Boo fucking hoo. When I was your age, we used to look at puke green squares moving around puke orange circles. And that was just our movies!

I did too. But SD artwork still isn't exactly appealing. I guess it's wrong to have preferences, huh?

Yes. Yes it is.

Although, I love how some people (both here and on other boards I have been checking out), say that they don't like how the characers in FF:CC look, but then rave about how great the man/woman character from FF13 looks.

Fucking hilarious.

As with most series that have been around for almost 20 years, they must have felt that it was time to try out something different. Mega Man Battle Net was different, and it worked out pretty good. Why not try something else?

Maybe I'll look into it. I haven't been good at Mega Man for a long time, but this might be the time to try it again.

Microsoft has said in the past they have no problem making games for the GBA or DS, because they have no handheld system of their own. Then everybody started speculating about Halo Advance. :roll:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/708/708136p1.html

...Then everybody started speculating about Halo Advance. :roll:

Hah, well I don't know about you but I can't really imagine Helo being transferred to the GBA unless the console is really capable of pushing 3D graphics (not sure if 2D would work, otherwise it'll feel more like Contra than Halo).

Still yeah, I understand that Rare would still be happy to do such handheld projects on the DS. But the sole question still remains; if Banjo Pilot (formerly Donkey Kong Pilot or whatever) was released on the GBA, did they even try to settle with Nintendo to actually keep the original Donkey Kong characters in it?

I just thought that would be an interesting point to raise O.o