Nintendo DS

The Damned

I dunno if this has been mentioned before, but isn't the new DS lite marketing campaign the gayest thing to ever happen to the videogame industry?

http://ukresistance.co.uk/

specifically:

http://www.ukresistance.co.uk/2006/05/nintendos-ds-has-just-got-bit-gayer.html

Christ, Nintendo what the hell are you thinking?

Gay-ER? When was it gay in the first place?

Well, you have to touch it.

And touching is something gay people do.

If this is gay then sign me up.

55wr4lf.jpg

I wasn't aware that there were homosexuality sign-up sheets.

*dying of laughter*

So just outta curiousity, how many of those of you who already have a DS actually plan to buy a DS Lite?

Not me. DS Lite is nice and all, but I actually like my DS, and I'm not interested in spending money again for something that's not really going to provide much of a benefit. I'll save my money for a Wii and possibly a 360 or something. Or maybe just some more DS games (PHOENIX WRIGHT 2 OMG)

So just outta curiousity, how many of those of you who already have a DS actually plan to buy a DS Lite?

I might, considering I have some autographs on the front of my current DS from E3, and I like the way the buttons feel a whole lot better. We'll see. My PS2 seems about ready to die on me after 5 years, so I may need to replace that with a PStwo.

I need to, my L button is dying on me. EB Games has a deal where you get $50 off the DS Lite when you trade in your old DS, so I'll try that. Hopefully they don't test out the buttons. :P

I need to, my L button is dying on me. EB Games has a deal where you get $50 off the DS Lite when you trade in your old DS, so I'll try that. Hopefully they don't test out the buttons. :P

Be aware that if you have any games you play through wifi, you'll lose all yoru stats and have to reregister to get a new friend code as the DS binds itself to online-capable games.

if you keep the old one, you can actually transfer all the data to the Lite, but then you won't get the 50 bucks off, seeing as how you'd have to buy it.

Be aware that if you have any games you play through wifi, you'll lose all yoru stats and have to reregister to get a new friend code as the DS binds itself to online-capable games.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I considered against buying the Lite. It doesn't really bother me now since I don't play much wi-fi anyway, and I don't really care about ratings or win-loss records so it'll be okay, I guess.

I'll probably get a DSlite so that I can do some multiplayer against my brother, finally. I think they said that Starfox DS will have a co-op mode, so, uh, yeah. Plus, it's got the great GBmicro-esque buttons. I hate the buttons on the DS.

Man, come September, the DS will own my soul. And my wallet. :(

You know that games offer a way to transfer your stats (like your Friend Code) over to another DS, right? Check your copy of Mario Kart, it's in there.

Yeah, I know. I would rather get the $50 dollar credit and lose the stats rather than spending the money on something that doesn't really matter to me. I don't have $50 more to spare anyway.

On a totally unrelated topic, did anyone else notice that Tiny Kong is in the Diddy Kong Racing trailer for DS? My bet is that Conker was removed for reasons we all know, and she was added as his replacement.
Rare is porting Diddy Kong Racing. Conker and Banjo will both be in the game.

I am thinking about getting a Lite, but not until my current DS dies. Which will probably take a long time, Nintendo's hardware tends to be really durable.

NSMB came earlier this week. I've been enjoying it a lot but I have two complaints: The music isn't varied, I'm sick of hearing the "ahh ahh!" song over and over again; and some of the earlier course designs (like up to world 5) are pretty straight forward and generally not fun. They feel like the same old stuff repeated. Worlds 6 and 7 are fun so far, with the ledges and that giant worm course.

The overall game is pretty good, and the controls are awesome, so is the ability to retain a mega or mini mushroom for later. I'm really enjoying the multiplayer, it provides some frenetic brawls in Mario vs. Luigi mode (OH NOES HE GOT TEH MEGA MUSHROOM!!) and playing Wanted! with 2 players is also great.

Overall awesome game, with minor flaws in difficulty and course design.

I was thinking about it. My DS has a single stuck pixel, as well as some sort of dust or crud that moves around underneath the coverplate, on the top screen. And the little gap that is there when you colse the system leaves little bits of dust and whatnot to float around inside when you carry it in your pocket. Not a major concern, but it does exist.

IOn the other hand, I've only had mine for less than ayear, it still works fine, and I'm somewhat attached to it. The one pixel is only noticable when certain colors are displayed, and the minor dust scratches on the screens aren't visable when you play.

Maybe towards the end of the year, when certain games come out, and when more colors are offered, I'll pick on up.

Deep Labrynth sounds pretty cool.

deeplab1kw.jpg

ddeplab23jt.jpg

Does nobody read my posts? I talked about this already on one of the last few pages.

The music is also being done by Yasunori Mitsuda, bringing the Mitsuda/Katou duo back together again. I aw this game at E3, as well. Looked good, like a portable version of Oblivion in some ways. A lot of people are comparing it to the King's Quest series.

Mmm, so i actulally got a DS today. I dunno why, I guess I figured its time i stopped being such and idiot and actually spend money for a change. (though for some reason I always feel guilty afterwards ;_; )

It cost a pretty penny I suppose, but so far I like it. (kind of)

MarioKart and Mario&Luigi are both great games, but seriously, after 5 minutes of metroid i was like WTF? I cant really work that game, because it makes Samus jump everytime i even slightly touch the screen. I'm thinking about trading it back if i still can, but ugh, maybe i should keep trying.. Do you get used to it easy? or is it just a bad, baaad game?

Maybe i gave up too soon, but wow, it just doesnt feel good, but there arnt many other good games out here just yet.

Deep Labrynth sounds pretty cool.

deeplab1kw.jpg

ddeplab23jt.jpg

Does nobody read my posts? I talked about this already on one of the last few pages.

The music is also being done by Yasunori Mitsuda, bringing the Mitsuda/Katou duo back together again. I aw this game at E3, as well. Looked good, like a portable version of Oblivion in some ways. A lot of people are comparing it to the King's Quest series.

HI, I DON'T READ EVERY POST MADE IN EVERY THREAD

6 pages ago btw

Mmm, so i actulally got a DS today. I dunno why, I guess I figured its time i stopped being such and idiot and actually spend money for a change. (though for some reason I always feel guilty afterwards ;_; )

It cost a pretty penny I suppose, but so far I like it. (kind of)

MarioKart and Mario&Luigi are both great games, but seriously, after 5 minutes of metroid i was like WTF? I cant really work that game, because it makes Samus jump everytime i even slightly touch the screen. I'm thinking about trading it back if i still can, but ugh, maybe i should keep trying.. Do you get used to it easy? or is it just a bad, baaad game?

Maybe i gave up too soon, but wow, it just doesnt feel good, but there arnt many other good games out here just yet.

Pity. If you would have waited about two weeks, the DS Lite is coming out June 11th with a brighter screen.

Set Metroid Prime Hunters to Stylus mode, and keep your stylus on the screen at all times until you want to jump.

Also, I'd highly recommend New Super Mario Bros. Awesome game.

I dunno if this has been mentioned before, but isn't the new DS lite marketing campaign the gayest thing to ever happen to the videogame industry?

http://ukresistance.co.uk/

specifically:

http://www.ukresistance.co.uk/2006/05/nintendos-ds-has-just-got-bit-gayer.html

Christ, Nintendo what the hell are you thinking?

Gay-ER? When was it gay in the first place?

Well, you have to touch it.

And touching is something gay people do.

If this is gay then sign me up.

55wr4lf.jpg

I wasn't aware that there were homosexuality sign-up sheets.

It was just a figure of speech. Come on.