An OverClocked Christmas

Dyne

Hey everyone.

I realize that a lot of you are probably wondering why I haven't started recruitment for the An OverClocked Christmas album yet. Well, to be honest with you, I'm taking a break from it this year. There will be no album.

I know so many really like these albums, I know I enjoy working with everyone to get them done. It's a lot of fun, and while it's hard to walk away from why I do it, and why I get folks together for it, this is just something I need to do this year.

Thank you for understanding.

~Dyne

I was just thinking of this earlier and thinking I needed to figure out what I wanted to make for it in November. Uhhmm... sure it's kinda sad that it won't be official this year, but I think people can still make Christmas-type remixes and sub them to OCR or maybe even make an EP and sub that :3 Anyway it's ok, real life comes first!

WOOHOO! I get a year and two months to work on the next cover instead of a month! :lol:

In all seriousness? A break isn't a bad thing. We've done it for seven years straight (six with me doing the covers), with a lot of last minute chaos, changes, fixes, additions, and all of that. So taking a year off has been earned I think. I might still do something for the hell of it, but I have my own Christmas tradition that I can focus on as well.

You know, I'm not opposed to a version of An OverClocked ReMix that is an EP, and is directed by someone else. I would still consider it part of the overall effort, and happily publish it to the web site.

So, if someone wishes to step up and take the reins this year, then by all means, hit me up. You'll have to keep me in the loop so I can build the page for the site, but beyond that, I think this is something that's doable.

Get together and consider your options, and get back to me.

YAYYYUUHHH de sei - I am definitely participating for 2014 :D

Hey everyone.

I realize that a lot of you are probably wondering why I haven't started recruitment for the An OverClocked Christmas album yet. Well, to be honest with you, I'm taking a break from it this year. There will be no album.

I know so many really like these albums, I know I enjoy working with everyone to get them done. It's a lot of fun, and while it's hard to walk away from why I do it, and why I get folks together for it, this is just something I need to do this year.

Thank you for understanding.

~Dyne

Wait - what!!

If any of you knew how many times The Coop has saved this album. If I was giving this up permanently, he would be the prime candidate to replace me. That said, I'm only taking this year off. But I am ever so thankful that The Coop has taken on this role.

Thank you, Coop.

• 2 months later...