Chrono Trigger & Chrono Cross Arranged Album coming October 14

zamuz

• 2 months later...

I think the last and only time an album was performed by both Yasunori Mitsuda and Millennial Fair was Creid, which was released over 17 years ago.  Very, very excited about this

Didn't even know about this connection when listening, but definitely noticed some similarities.  Terrific album.  All the singers have great performances and the English lyrics are well-fitted to the material and the music.  I should have recognized Shigihara's enunciation before reading the credits.  Thematically conservative; no transplanting of originally tender arias into rowdy square dance rhythms, for example, but I love it that way. Never enough room for all the greatest hits on these albums, but if you hit a couple old chestnuts like Schala and Zeal, you could fill the rest of the disc with bleating goats and I'd consider it a good buy.  Standout track is "On The Other Side", which when paired with Shigihara's earnest vocals comes across as bittersweet as a lover departing for the war in an old black-and-white movie.