OCR03216 - Super Mario Galaxy "To the Stars"

Liontamer

• 2 weeks later...

wow, this is gorgeous. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love how this is the only place where people still give a crap about Chrono Trigger, but oh my god have I been waiting for more Super Mario Galaxy. And this delivers. Delivers so well. Especially considering this is a medley and I am rather critical of them. Insta-download. When it first builds up into Good Egg...I got chills, man.

• 2 months later...

Why is this track at the bottom of the reviews thread? It needs to be further up. Much further up. This is an excellent homage to excellent music that is the Super Mario Galaxy soundtrack. It’s electronic without forcing you to feel like you have to jam or dance to it, the orchestrated music manages to capture the spirit of the game, the flue performance is wonderful, the chiptunes add a sense of nostalgia without relying on just the chiptunes, and that ending was excellent. It didn’t feel like you were just adding another track to the medley. It was a very seamless transition that made for an excellent end to an excellent track.

Oh man, I LOVE Galaxy music, and this mix does it justice. The sweeping orchestral parts combined with the backing chippy sounds, like the Good Egg Galaxy part at 2:18, make for a really epic listening experience. The flute playing is on point as well, especially at the star festival interlude at 2:44. Once Gusty Garden hits, the starting part with chiptunes flawlessly transitions into another beautiful orchestral part, sounding like that's the way the song was originally written. This track takes a few already amazing source tunes and builds upon them perfectly.

This mix itself feels like an adventure worthy of SMG.

Beautiful soundscape and sound design! The arrangement is lovely, and I love the strings. It becomes more epic later on, and as I would have loved to hear more of the intro, the rest was EXCELLENT. Man, the performance and arrangement are of great quality. The chiptune part wasn't expected, but was a super addition! How did I miss this one before? I'll come back to this one a few times! Excellent job! :)

Great intro and awesome atmosphere. Admittedly, I wish that was the direction the mix took instead of chiptune + strings, but what it does do is good. The mellow part at 1:53 is great and its transition into a celebratory orchestra is even better. Very good mix despite inital disappointment.

• 2 years later...

A grand ReMix that combines the beauty of SMG's spacey whimsical woodwinds and some faster chiptunes and percussion, really drives home the feeling of Mario's later games for me. Fun and epic with it's orchestration, this sounds like an ending to a wonderful adventure, and I really liked this one.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03216 - Super Mario Galaxy "To the Stars"