OCR03271 - Super Castlevania IV "Deadly Furniture"

Liontamer

Ah yes! This one is one of the latest tracks I got for VV3. It is nice to see how versatile an orchestra can be: bombastic, quiet, ominous, etc. Slimy nails all of those in his arrangement. Plus the source is awesome, so you get a super orchestral remix which fits totally the album, the game, and the Chandeliers level. Very nice job -- I already said that! :D

Hey, it's Slimy! Good to see him finally get posted. While I don't know the source, I agree that this baroque-like remix seems to fit really well. Nice job creating an atmosphere of darkness, an image of the interior of a dark castle came straight to mind. Also, as Chernabogue said, this is a highly versatile and dynamic orchestral mix. Lots of good arranging. Really good mix.

• 2 weeks later...

Hah, this is cool! I love the use of brass for many rhytm parts. Harpsichord sample sounds a bit weak in a few parts but it's nothing major. Arrangement is quite fun and incorporates many different instruments, from harpsichord to a pipe organ, to a piano, strings and brass! The break at the 2:00 mark is particularly good, with amazing use of dynamics to make a calm yet creepy section followed by a more intense and louder section.

Overall, awesome remix!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03271 - Super Castlevania IV "Deadly Furniture"
  • 2 months later...

Good to hear some good old harpsichord and organ for a sweet orchestral take on the banquet hall. Has a lot of good classical horror dynamics that really fit in with the arrangement. Very solid mix to debut with and have on this album.