Nintendo Wii

Smoke

Miyamoto's speech is at 18:30 GMT. Did you guys see this? What a crock of shit. I am one incensed fanboy.

I would take that as approval, personally. He wants to say the Wii is a piece of shit, well that just means it's worth its weight in solid gold!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piero_Manzoni

So, if the Wii is a piece of shit, and an artist was able to sell his shit, sealed in a tin can, for its weight in gold, that means the Wii is art, incarnate! :P

But, seriously, he complains because the CPU isn't powerful enough to handle the AI he wants to do for Spore? A game they're porting to the DS? This guy's gotta get his head out of his ass, because that ain't gold he's mining up there.

omfg i am downloading the mario video now... 5%!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://media.nintendo-europe.com/compel/video/C_g6BRRIqwjrL5FRko2ZHsidYuj27aoR.mov

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHH NINTENDO SITE GETTING BOMBARDED! GETTING 10KBS!!! BOOOOOOOOOO

http://rapidshare.com/files/20070081/C_g6BRRIqwjrL5FRko2ZHsidYuj27aoR.mov

rapidshare. You might get lucky and be able to download like i did.

OMFG BEST VIDEO EVER!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHH I CANT WAIT FOR IT!

One thing I'm concerned about with Mario Galaxy is that challenges will be too simple/short. (Based on seeing the older videos) So I'm hoping for some good, solid info that will reveal the lenght of the game and it's levels. Space is huge, so they better use it :)

Also; I totally love the art style which almost has a clay-ish feeling to it (also seen in Kirby in the SSB video)in my opinion that is.

omfg i am downloading the mario video now... 5%!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://media.nintendo-europe.com/compel/video/C_g6BRRIqwjrL5FRko2ZHsidYuj27aoR.mov

That was a sweet video. I'm really excited about this game. I heard bad things about Mario Sunshine and I've yet to play it but I've heard all good about this one from websites. Unfortunately it looks like we have to wait until November for all the good games! (Metroid Prime 3, Smash Brothers Melee, Battalion Wars, etc)

While most people will complain about it (OMFG NINTENDO IZ BEIN DUMB LOL POPULARITY CHANNL), I probably will end up using this a lot. It's not the greatest idea yet, BUT I did end up using Everybody Votes a lot.

However, this channel will also be Sony/M$ fanboy fodder, because it's not anywhere near a game.

I will be a little thrilled when my Wii starts glowing and I can play around with it. The only Wii Channels I rarely, if ever use, are Photo and Forecast.

I will be very thrilled, when my Wii starts glowing, and it's an announcement about new downloadable games.

P.S. why not a trivia channel!?

I would actually like to see Nintendo do something a bit more.. almost exclusive, for the Wii. Offer a special Nintendo News channel or something, that's almost like an extension of Nintendo Power, but aimed at the Wii, with special Wii-exclusive content, including demos. They could make it a subscription channel easily, and it'd be a great way to draw people in, who are already Nintendo fans.

I believe it was an Op-ed piece on IGN that was talking about Wii Channels--but I read a good idea that I hope they implement. On the calendar, they should have official release dates for future Wii games, events and VC games listed there as soon as they can. It would be nice to have a direct source without all the rumor mills directly on my Wii.

I believe it was an Op-ed piece on IGN that was talking about Wii Channels--but I read a good idea that I hope they implement. On the calendar, they should have official release dates for future Wii games, events and VC games listed there as soon as they can. It would be nice to have a direct source without all the rumor mills directly on my Wii.

Agreed. Being able to mark down games you're interested in and get news about them automatically, including having their official release dates marked down, would be sweet. And it would help developers, by letting them know the general attitude about how popular the game may be, by how many people have it marked down to watch.

Then they could even issue some sort of early-watch exclusive content, to reward such players.. lots of things that could be done. Too bad I have little hope in Nintendo actually doing anything halfway intelligent with the online functionality the system has. For too long they've gone on about how "No one wants online play through a console! Nintendo will not have online!", even though a recent survey revealed that close to 90% of JP gamers either play online, or want to.

now thats an interesting idea... having your mii as a unlockable character in SSBB. like they all would have the same attacks across all consoles. it would just look like your mii.

or they could just have your Miis on the wire-frame guys/gals like in Melee.

AHEM, anyway. I got my own Wii percisly a week ago (last friday). A co-worker told me he was selling his after losing $400 in game of dice (which was surprising since I didn't think people in this town were 'hard' enough to play dice). He sold it to me for $300, including two games (LoZ:TP and Madden 07 [which was traded in immediately]), an extra Wii-mote and numchuck besides the core system. Figured it was a good deal concidering how much the games and accessories cost. Everything's good and nothing was damaged.

I'm enjoying this Wii, just wish it wasn't stingie with the internet connection and media transfering.

Or what about fighting a group of Mii's like the fighting polygon team on Smash 64? Each one having a copied power of an existing character :) That should be fun.

>_> Of course they could make a Wii Sports Mii Peach clone, what with the whole tennis, golf etc. thing. Of course these ideas arn't very new or interesting.