Final Fantasy 7 Remake - Trailers, story & gameplay insights and additional information about the Compilation of Final Fantasy 7

Master Mi

This scene is from a live gameplay with Yoshinori Kitase (producer & scenario writer for Final Fantasy 7) at the Tokio Game Show (TGS) 2019.

It seems to be like a radically awesome overcrossing between Final Fantasy 7 and the Battle Arena Toshinden or Soul Calibur series.

>>>

Totally love the light/special effects and detailed graphics, the really outstanding slow motion mode, the crisp and powerful sound of the slashes, strikes and blows...
... and of course the vital orchestration of the famous battle theme. ))

Pretty cool innovation that summons will actively participate in the battle as well.
I'm kinda sure they 'll also implement a function with which you can level up and evolve the skills of a summon (just like the Espers in FF6 or the Guardian Forces from FF8).

If they also spend something like a multiplayer-option for that really catching and highly dynamic battle system, it would be kinda awesome to be able to play the game with good friends as well.

Just straight from the gameplay insights this might be a real revolution within the RPG playing standards.
If the pretty deep story will be told as dedicated as in the original game and contains a lot of additional side stories as well, Final Fantasy 7 Remake will be something like the game of the year/decade or even century and really interesting for the newbies, as well for the fans of the original game.

Square Enix as a Japanese company simply knows how to create outstanding games with deep storylines.
I'll definitely keep a staring eye at this one.

Besides, here 's the complete recording of the gameplay demonstration.
>>>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For everybody who thinks that he/she could have missed some of the early announcements or trailers for the great Final Fantasy 7 Remake, you might have a look at this little compilation here:

>>>

Edited by Master Mi

20 hours ago, Master Mi said:

Square Enix...games with deep storylines

they sure used to! i don't know as much about more recently.

the trailer looks very interesting. i'm definitely interested in the game to the point of being willing to buy the console if it doesn't go cross-platform (at least eventually, likely not right away).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There 's also a new Japanese commercial with real actors (not directly related to the storyline) for the FF7 remake.

And finally it got an English translation - at least partially.
It's obviously some kind of a reminiscence that should make the REUNION feeling go viral.

But furthermore it shows that even Japanese commercials like this are made with love, dedication and the typical Japanese humor.

16 hours ago, Master Mi said:

There 's also a new Japanese commercial with real actors (not directly related to the storyline) for the FF7 remake.

And finally it got an English translation - at least partially.
It's obviously some kind of a reminiscence that should make the REUNION feeling go viral.

But furthermore it shows that even Japanese commercials like this are made with love, dedication and the typical Japanese humor.

That's touching that the otaku fan didn't want the MC's girlfriend to spoil a certain event in halfway through the game. T_T

• 1 month later...
On 12/20/2019 at 4:02 PM, prophetik music said:

the addition of classic battle mode allayed the one real fear i had about this release. i'm not preordering it, but i'm certainly willing to pay full price after it's out if the reviews aren't a mess.

What was your great fear in this case - that the former Active Time Battle system could become too active? :D

I mean - despite my passion for former Final Fantasy games - I really like the newer, more active fighting stuff and gameplay you could find in Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7 or in the Dissidia: Final Fantasy games.

And with the new slow motion feature implemented in the new Final Fantasy 7 Remake with which you you can slow down and enjoy special scenes if you want or need to, it totally meets my deepest desires for a modern RPG containing an old, but legendary story. ))

Edited by Master Mi

A happy New Year's Day begins with a bombing (mission) trailer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, that's a really nice start in the new year.

Yesterday, I just worked on my remix for the legendary Final Fantasy 7 battle theme "Those who fight" with a good friend for some hours and we tried out a few innovations in thinks like composition and sound design - straight into the beginning of the New Year (of course we also watched some old New Year's Eve videos from my beginning pyrotechnics-dynamite-building days with my really rad technical instructions for this stuff - where we nearly pissed ourselves with laughter ^^) ...

... and at the same day, the New Year's Day, so... today, the newest trailer of the wishfully anticipated remake of Final Fantasy 7 arises from the depths of the internet.

The trailer represents the radically revised and slightly extended intro of the original game from 1997.
Of course, I was totally blown away by the whole atmosphere, by all the graphical details and the really (amazingly) bombastic sound effects which I could radically absorb into my world with the help of my pretty well-resourced and dearly beloved home recording studio.

Unfortunately, they seemed to have removed the "trailer" of the intro (was obviously not an official one - just a part from a new demo gameplay streaming that has been leaked and uploaded by a few people).

Maybe this whole streaming of the new demo might remain on Youtube for a while.

I think...
The remake of Final Fantasy 7 will be probably much larger and more meaningful than most of the die-hard fans of the original game could ever have dreamed of. ))

Edited by Master Mi

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2020 at 2:47 PM, prophetik music said:

the music for that opening section is really interesting. i love how they're combining themes and the "estuans interius" lyrics with such a different style than you usually hear it.

Yeah, it's really interesting to see or hear in which many different ways you can alternate soundtracks to get certain psychoacoustic effects for a different atmosphere or how you can merge different soundtracks with the help of vital transitions (to get the impression that it was always one coherent soundtrack).

Besides...
Since you have mentioned "music" in this context...

There's already a Youtube video which contains some of the soundtracks of the first episode of the Final Fantasy 7 Remake.
I guess these soundtracks could be the tracks which are on the mini soundtrack CD within the Deluxe and the 1st Class Edition of the remake.

On 2/26/2020 at 7:38 PM, HoboKa said:

I just saw that they're keeping the cross-dressing Cloud bit, at least from the most recent teaser videos.  Totally the best part of this game.  Uh...said no one ever??  RIP me.  

nah, that whole section was cringe, and it looks like the remake will be faithfully-cringe-inducing

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2020 at 3:13 AM, Wiesty said:

I actually just purchased an ps4 for this. Demo was much amaze. 

Since I only own my very first Playstation, my PS2 and PS3 as consoles and skipped the PS4, I plan to play the first episode together with my best friends and go straight for PS5 afterwards - because there might be a PS5 version for the FF7 remake episodes as well:

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/06/17/final-fantasy-vii-remake-ps5-playstation/

Edited by Master Mi

• 2 weeks later...

Really awesome first part of the remake for Final Fantasy 7!!!

I was playing the first hours of the highly anticipated remake of the game yesterday together with two of my best friends - and I was really diggin' the new battle system, was totally blown away by the pretty much enhanced storyline and the really great atmosphere - couln't even leave out the casual conversations of the many NPCs in the lively Midgar and of course I've examined the detailed areas for hidden objects (already found a kinda hidden key item like a Moogle Medal in the first reactor mission - can get it if ya don't leave out any destructable crates) and easter eggs.

But I'll take a few days off, get some sunshine for not going to play through the whole game within a few days or weeks, and I'll continue the game rather on the rainy days.
It's because I couldn't stop playing the game throughout the whole night until 7 o' clock in the morning - although I didn't even want to play the game on a separate save file without my friends - but it was really dragging me into the amazing world of Final Fantasy 7 once again.

For this masterpiece, I've even transferred my little studio monitors Presonus Eris 3.5 from my studio environment to my cosy console gaming corner (also ordered some stands for keeping the speakers there) with my bigger LED TV and the PS4 - because the outstanding soundtracks, the sound effects and the whole audio atmosphere are soooo good that it would be a radical waste to enjoy this game only with the integrated LED TV speakers.

The remake 's a really outstanding experience if you can handle it not to rush through the whole game, leaving some time for the atmosphere, the whole bunch of details and exploring the quite large amount of possibilities the game has to offer - even at this early part of the remake without the open world map.

Enjoy the remake of Final Fantasy 7, dudes...
... like an excited Golden Retriever would enjoy playing an excited Golden Retriever. ))

Edited by Master Mi

• 3 weeks later...
  • Master Mi changed the title to Final Fantasy 7 Remake - Trailers, story & gameplay insights and additional information about the Compilation of Final Fantasy 7