FL530

Sleepy time music

It's been about 5 years since "Esther's Dreams" came out, and I'm wondering, since I'm now a father myself, if there's any other music that would fit in the same vein, that maybe I missed. I was putting together some chiptune stuff for a potential child (and my own peaceful times), but sorta fell of the scene shortly after the aforementioned album released. I'm open to suggestions, OCR, original game music, or otherwise.

For starters, I've already thought of Zelda's Lullaby, and still have the chiptune playlist, but I don't have much access to a computer these days. I know if I can get in-game suggestions, I have the chip formats of most older (ps1 and prior) games on my phone and tablet. Thoughts?

There are the two volumes of Prescription For Sleep Game Music Lullabies, which has a total of 20 songs from Final Fantasy games, Chrono Trigger, Duck Tales, Shovel Knight, Elder Scrolls, Donkey Kong, Mario, even one from Metal Gear Solid 3.

It's entirely piano and sax, but it might work.

There's also the various music box style video game music you can find on youtube. For example:

We've currently got usage tags for meditation, workout, wedding, Halloween, & winter holiday.... perhaps a "Sleepytime" option would let us offer up a list of mixes (some from Esther's Dreams + many more mixes on the site)... would anyone find this useful?

Since my daughter was born last May, I started putting together a playlist a bit at a time. Some game music in there, some other stuff as well, most of it sleepy-ish, a few less so:

Edited by yangfeili

I created a playlist out of the two most recent (2015 & 2019) Chrono Trigger and Chrono Croas albums. My daughter is 5 now and seems too like both albums for nap/bedtime. 

8 hours ago, captaineegee said:

I created a playlist out of the two most recent (2015 & 2019) Chrono Trigger and Chrono Croas albums. My daughter is 5 now and seems too like both albums for nap/bedtime.

@captaineegee Thanks - this comes as a reminder that we need to enable tagging for albums, in addition to mixes. Did you do the whole albums, or specific tracks? If the latter, mind sharing? It can be a starting point for tagging posted mixes from both...