MnP 130: End of 2021, Start of 2022, Free Round.

TheVideoGamer

On 2/7/2022 at 4:23 AM, Souperion said:

@TheVideoGamerSorry if voting early was stepping on toes. I'll be sure to leave comments on your track(s) after the voting.

There's nothing wrong with voting early. I usually say it's unadvised both incase of late entries, and site problems, plus as well, it's easier for me to know who's voted. You won't be in trouble if you vote early, there's no punishment if you do. And this is important to say, because i'm not trying to dictate anything. It's more so it helps all of us. Nobody should apologize, nobody is in the wrong. Everything is fine. It's all good :) 

On 2/7/2022 at 5:40 AM, HoboKa said:

Eh, that's fine.  Just run me over.  With a giant OLR Cake truck.  I'll make YTP sound-clips with my last breath.  IT BURNS MAMA LUIGI!!

BTW, your Bounty Hunters album is epic.  It's a damn shame it didn't get submitted, in time.  Sorry about jumping the gun and saying it was 'voting time'...my bad.  Erm, maybe next time, do a round extension before the last hour if you wanna squeeze something in.  Just a suggestion Bimmy.

I'm about 14:05* into your Bounty Hunters album and am continuing to listen well after I finish writing this, probably to the end.  Your 'Bounty Hunters' Album has really got me hooked man.  It has a very awesome modern indie game vibe, with hints of Metroid Prime, AM2R, Worms Armageddon, Metal Gear (the more ambient parts), S.T.A.L.K.E.R., F.E.A.R., Homeworld and other stuff.  Also, the percussive instruments are surprisingly good quality - same with the drones, basses and atmospheric pads.  You ought to sell this soundtrack on Unity or Unreal Storefronts (after refining some of the cheesier elements), this shit is LIT. 10/10. 

Edit

I listened to the whole thing.  I suggest cutting out the EDM/DnB tracks in the latter half and combining those with some other album of a similar vein, as they detract from the pro metroidy soundscape you had going on before.  Otherwise, I think you should slap the first half into your portfolio or a website...or as an asset pack/bandcamp album.  Up to you ofc, as it's your body of work.  Good stuff!!

Nah man, you probably just got a little too eager Nobody will die, nobody will be sent to the gulag. It's unadvised yes, for site problems/late entries, but it's not illegal, nobody is going to be punished. Also when i announce the voting, it helps me keep track who's voted, so i don't miss any during the results. Again think of it as "unadvised" than illegal or wrong. Again nobody did anything wrong, it's a simple misunderstanding/mistake.

I was thinking a bit about doing a slip in, so i can finally get it in, however i've already done one before (Last round, because we only had 1 entry and a bonus, and i had my entry waiting a while ago, however due to a few host of issues, i submitted it later than before. It was good, because we could proceed to voting, making it more of a round as such). Also as well, i felt this one, i was being a bit unethical in the host of 8 entries, and also, i might just get the same results as last time (In regards to uploading) and waste a lot of time. To be fair, larger entries of about 20-30 minutes seems to take a lot longer to upload, than a normal 5 minute entry, so i would understand why i have problems. Some of my larger files don't go in straight away. Anyways, it's fine, people can listen to it here, and talk about it here. No point in an extension, if we already have 8 entries, it kind of defeats the object. Thanks guys anyways!

Much appreciated on your comments in regards to my OST, i can hear parts of this in Metal Gear, you're right. 

The "2nd half" was done in a short period time, in around 1-2 days. Not just because my concern was getting it in, but because i had run out of fuel for more Dark Ambient, and i needed some contrast. Also since it's boss themes, i felt they needed a fair bit on intensity. It's what i settled on at the time. I won't work on more of this, what's uploaded, is good enough for me. This is more practice for my skills, than something professional, or high quality. Thanks for all the kind comments anyways! Hope you all enjoyed the long listen. 

Edited by TheVideoGamer

On 2/8/2022 at 7:08 PM, TheVideoGamer said:

Nah man, you probably just got a little too eager Nobody will die, nobody will be sent to the gulag. It's unadvised yes, for site problems/late entries, but it's not illegal, nobody is going to be punished. Also when i announce the voting, it helps me keep track who's voted, so i don't miss any during the results. Again think of it as "unadvised" than illegal or wrong. Again nobody did anything wrong, it's a simple misunderstanding/mistake.

I was thinking a bit about doing a slip in, so i can finally get it in, however i've already done one before (Last round, because we only had 1 entry and a bonus, and i had my entry waiting a while ago, however due to a few host of issues, i submitted it later than before. It was good, because we could proceed to voting, making it more of a round as such). Also as well, i felt this one, i was being a bit unethical in the host of 8 entries, and also, i might just get the same results as last time (In regards to uploading) and waste a lot of time. To be fair, larger entries of about 20-30 minutes seems to take a lot longer to upload, than a normal 5 minute entry, so i would understand why i have problems. Some of my larger files don't go in straight away. Anyways, it's fine, people can listen to it here, and talk about it here. No point in an extension, if we already have 8 entries, it kind of defeats the object. Thanks guys anyways!

Much appreciated on your comments in regards to my OST, i can hear parts of this in Metal Gear, you're right. 

The "2nd half" was done in a short period time, in around 1-2 days. Not just because my concern was getting it in, but because i had run out of fuel for more Dark Ambient, and i needed some contrast. Also since it's boss themes, i felt they needed a fair bit on intensity. It's what i settled on at the time. I won't work on more of this, what's uploaded, is good enough for me. This is more practice for my skills, than something professional, or high quality. Thanks for all the kind comments anyways! Hope you all enjoyed the long listen. 

Aight, thanks for the updoot on that new 'unofficial' rule.  I'll take that into consideration. 

Dude, I ALWAYS felt that nagging feeling of "unethicality" in throwing one's own hat in* - IF, like you said - wasn't to make sure the round would have a 3-entrant Voter Bonus.  But sometimes you gotta ignore that Mini-Angel dikfuk and just have fun with the rest of the guys and gals.  It's not like it's a guaranteed victory.  Assuming people aren't trying to butter you up.  I'd hope that the other voters would have that moral integrity anyways. 

Well, if you say so on the 'practice' thing - your practice material is pretty bad ass. UwU

Edited by HoboKa
can't Engrish. Context fail. Fixed.

Results

• In 1st place with 20 points: HarlemHeat360
  • In 2nd place with 16 points: Souperion
  • In 3rd place with 13 points: APZX
  • In 4th place with 11 points: Wassup Thunder
  • In 5th place with 7 points: brink-of-time
  • In 6th place with 5 points: HoboKa
  • In 7th place with 4 points: Bundeslang
  • And the last place hero with 3 points: NickC
  • TheVideoGamer created a semi-bonus entry, to account for uploading problems.

HarlemHeat360 please PM me with your source pick for Round 131. Ideally for next week (Roughly the 21st of February) You will be joining Souperion in a Double Dose round. From there on, it will be mostly normal rounds, until i decide to throw something in the mix ;) 

Next round will be a Double Dose round. 2 sources for the price of one! Stay tuned for that one!

Congrats to everyone who participated, you peeps did great! 

Comments:

Note to self: Long entries, can cause upload problems, who knew lol.

Man that is a lot of entries. I don't think i've seen 8 yet, but nonetheless awesome turnout. See you next week!

On 2/11/2022 at 12:21 PM, HoboKa said:

Aight, thanks for the updoot on that new 'unofficial' rule.  I'll take that into consideration. 

Dude, I ALWAYS felt that nagging feeling of "unethicality" in throwing one's own hat in* - IF, like you said - wasn't to make sure the round would have a 3-entrant Voter Bonus.  But sometimes you gotta ignore that Mini-Angel dikfuk and just have fun with the rest of the guys and gals.  It's not like it's a guaranteed victory.  Assuming people aren't trying to butter you up.  I'd hope that the other voters would have that moral integrity anyways. 

Well, if you say so on the 'practice' thing - your practice material is pretty bad ass. UwU

No worries, it's all good. Thanks!

Yeah, i wasn't bothered if i was going to loose on that round. It was rather, i didn't like seeing one submission, and i did have my entry ready, just long ago before i left. It was either that, or do an extension anyways to account for the missing entry, so why not. This round however, 8 entries is a lot so i don't see the point really.

Also much appreciated for your comments about my OST thing. It is really practice material, but i still find that kind of you to say :). Your entry was awesome too!

10 hours ago, TheVideoGamer said:

No worries, it's all good. Thanks!

Yeah, i wasn't bothered if i was going to loose on that round. It was rather, i didn't like seeing one submission, and i did have my entry ready, just long ago before i left. It was either that, or do an extension anyways to account for the missing entry, so why not. This round however, 8 entries is a lot so i don't see the point really.

Also much appreciated for your comments about my OST thing. It is really practice material, but i still find that kind of you to say :). Your entry was awesome too!

One man's practice material is another's OST wet-dream.  Be proud of your work man.  Don't wait to your 30's and realize how much you undersold yourself.  Been there, done that.  Lot of regrets.  Though maybe I am being too pushy on the "monetization" side of things.  Nevertheless, you should still use a service like Songsecure to make sure your ass is covered, just in case you do want to use your "practice" material for a game music, media or Spotify, etc.  A lot of bad actors out there looking to use people's music w/out consent.  It makes sense to AT LEAST have your ass covered in some way.  Take it from this paranoid neck beard. 

Moving on...

10 hours ago, TheVideoGamer said:

Results

• In 1st place with 20 points: HarlemHeat360
  • In 2nd place with 16 points: Souperion
  • In 3rd place with 13 points: APZX
  • In 4th place with 11 points: Wassup Thunder
  • In 5th place with 7 points: brink-of-time
  • In 6th place with 5 points: HoboKa
  • In 7th place with 4 points: Bundeslang
  • And the last place hero with 3 points: NickC
  • TheVideoGamer created a semi-bonus entry, to account for uploading problems.

HarlemHeat360 please PM me with your source pick for Round 131. Ideally for next week (Roughly the 21st of February) You will be joining Souperion in a Double Dose round. From there on, it will be mostly normal rounds, until i decide to throw something in the mix ;) 

Next round will be a Double Dose round. 2 sources for the price of one! Stay tuned for that one!

Congrats to everyone who participated, you peeps did great! 

Comments:

Note to self: Long entries, can cause upload problems, who knew lol.

Man that is a lot of entries. I don't think i've seen 8 yet, but nonetheless awesome turnout. See you next week!

Wow, Bundeslang, NickC and I should get 3 wooden spoons apiece.  Or maybe 3 wooden sporks.  Congrats at @HarlemHeat360 :nicework: ...and I'll at least see you guys next year for the free-round shtuff.  Might hop in for a regular round or two, we'll see.  Have a good 2022, ReMixer folks!

Edited by HoboKa
derpdy doo

6 hours ago, HoboKa said:

One man's practice material is another's OST wet-dream.  Be proud of your work man.  Don't wait to your 30's and realize how much you undersold yourself.  Been there, done that.  Lot of regrets.  Though maybe I am being too pushy on the "monetization" side of things.  Nevertheless, you should still use a service like Songsecure to make sure your ass is covered, just in case you do want to use your "practice" material for a game music, media or Spotify, etc.  A lot of bad actors out there looking to use people's music w/out consent.  It makes sense to AT LEAST have your ass covered in some way.  Take it from this paranoid neck beard. 

Moving on...

Wow, Bundeslang, NickC and I should get 3 wooden spoons apiece.  Or maybe 3 wooden sporks.  Congrats at @HarlemHeat360 :nicework: ...and I'll at least see you guys next year for the free-round shtuff.  Might hop in for a regular round or two, we'll see.  Have a good 2022, ReMixer folks!

It'd be good to see you. You do some great remixes!

6 hours ago, HoboKa said:

Moving on...

It does make me happy to see you enjoy my OST work. I don't feel like monetizing personally, because it was made in a short amount of time, and it's more of a fun thing for me. But i will keep an eye out for it. Thanks!