Free Music

OverCoat

archive.pngbrs_-_chillosophy.rar - 4.2mb

a xerxes musicdisk which has its own player. Several very very chill songs. I forget how old exactly this is but not very. I was in some of the compos with xerxes when he made these tunes [in like, an hour!] and then he put them in a compilation of sorts.

Mac guys should use VLC Media Player to play the .it files.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(6:21:23 PM) Ty: www.myspace.com/thephunmachine

(6:21:24 PM) Ty: or

(6:21:30 PM) Ty: www.googlepages.com/thefunmachine

(6:23:11 PM) OverCoat: !

(6:23:27 PM) Ty: this is what I did over christmas break

(6:23:34 PM) OverCoat: cool

(6:23:35 PM) Ty: instead of writing an album

(6:23:46 PM) OverCoat: another side project? :P

(6:24:01 PM) OverCoat: dude you need to load up QLSO again someday

(6:24:09 PM) OverCoat: also damn myspace, it's not loading the tunes

(6:24:18 PM) Ty: craps

(6:24:22 PM) Ty: hit googlepages then

(6:24:32 PM) OverCoat: I get a login screen

(6:24:42 PM) Ty: ......

(6:24:44 PM) OverCoat: Welcome to Google Page Creator

(6:24:48 PM) Ty: ah helz

(6:24:50 PM) Ty: hold on

(6:25:05 PM) Ty: whoops sorry

(6:25:13 PM) Ty: http://thefunmachine.googlepages.com/

(6:25:42 PM) OverCoat: thx

(6:27:31 PM) OverCoat: haha

(6:27:36 PM) OverCoat: COME TO POMPEII

(6:27:43 PM) OverCoat: this is nice :D

(6:27:45 PM) Ty: thanks!

(6:27:56 PM) Ty: a few of my friends and I put this together

(6:28:04 PM) Ty: for kicks and shiggles

Oh yeah, and just so you know, it's this guy

V.A. - L'Arbre d'un Train [bKTR007]

bktr00700valarbreduntranw5.jpg

"Pretty. Sad. Lovely. There's just enough variation to both make you want to fall asleep to it and make you want to open your ears up in amazement. With the first sign of autumn, we use music to remember our lost years, and we do not forget our happiest days.

Featuring netaudio legends Grandma (Monotonik, Khonnor of Type Records), Proswell (of Merck Records), Sense (Neo Ouija and Eem records), Transient (Monotonik, Miasmah, Camomille), Xerxes (Hellven, Camomille, Apegenine), a slew of other netlabel popstars (Valisproject, 143, Kaneel, Imtech, and Blisaed) and brilliant rising talent (Xtatic, Mike Shusta, Troupe, Nil, Valzi, Fah, Mister Cat, Sunburn, Malmen, Nick Beman, and Insektr.)

Nearly eight months in the making, _L'Arbre d'un Train_ is well worth the wait.

Author: Various Artists

Date: 2005-10-17 10:30:00

Keywords: electro-avant; IDM; Electronica; Ambient; Easy Listening; Glitch"

V.A. - Reconstruct A [lego001]

lego001covernz4.jpg

"Appearance becomes our reality. The adaptation of the appearing features becomes part of our reality. All new rises from the individual recombination of the won impressions. We reconstruct the reality to a new feature of this reality.

Lego001 - Reconstruct A is based on the samples of the first two Legoego releases. The involved artists used parts of the first two releases with inclusion of own sounds in individual self-direction to form new unique sound features. Enjoy!

Author: legoego

Date: 2004-10-18 00:00:00

Source: http://www.legoego.de

Recorded by: Sinus Force, Martin Donath, Acidrain, Phonout, Remute, Dataman

Keywords: Electro-Techno"

Peter F. Spiess - Rheinpark Liebe EP [txtn006]

txtn006320fr1.jpg

"After a two year long hiatus from publishing music, Peter F. Spiess returns on Textone with an astounding mini-LP. Known from his releases on German labels Klang and Alpha, Peter has developed a unique personal production style, layering minimal driving analog sequences into a captivating cinematic stream of utopian impressions. Epic, but miles away from any associated cliches, Peter manages to create an alternate universe of seemingly endless space that is at all times densely interwoven with futuristic sonic strands. Dubby undercurrents of bass undulate as shifting reverb patterns encircle echoing off chord sequences. Deep, complex moods for the shorter days of the year - six true gems that should not be missed!

Author: Peter F. Spiess

Date: 2003-11-01 00:00:00

Source: Original recording for Textone

Keywords: Textone; Minimal Techno"

Hey, wasn't I the one who showed you L'arbre d'un Train? :D I've had that album for a while.

Nope, 'fraid not. :P

That's a great compilation btw! I love a whole bunch of songs on there, particularly Transient's, Kaneel's, Valisproject's, and of course Xerxes' track is wonderful :)

Indeed it is. Malmen's track is one of the best on there imo.

Also I'll just remind everyone of the 16 tracks currently at http://reunionstudio.org/. Hopefully there'll be another release in the next week or so. :D

I came across this guy randomly on a music production forum, just wanted to listen to a brief clip of his stuff but ended up downloading everything I could and spending a few hours listening to it instead. I love when that happens.

DZK - http://www.soundclick.com/pro/view/01/default.cfm?BandID=12347

White rapper from VA. Incredibly literate, slightly nerdy but not in a gay nerdcore way (sorry nerdcore fans), excellent flow and delivery. His cheesier subjects are hilarious (check out "High School Girls"), while there's some serious stuff that I just wasn't expecting to hear from a rapper at all (the disturbing "Vile Dialect" about religious zealotry, blurring the lines between good and evil, etc.). Other highlights for me were "We Murderaz," "Only a Minute Ago." I'm still going through all his work, only "Hey Ladies" disappointed me. This guy's talent is a bit scary.

ETA: His Kurt Cobain impersonation is eerily dead-on.

Okay since none of my regular places have released anything for a while, here's a random musician's site.

Maktone! Yay, chiptunes!

I recommend using the "download all!" button at the top of each song page. Of course, for the .sid files, you'll need a .sid player. But for the amount of music already there it's worth it. And I can give you more .sids if you like. Anyway, as far as Maktone's best goes, CLASS01.MOD, CLASS09.MOD, CLASS10.MOD, SAC07.MOD, NEWMORE.MOD, and powerplant.sid are the ones I listen to the most.

The best thing about this site though is you can get every single one of his songs in less than a minute if you have DSL or higher. His songs barely ever go above 6 kb.

"The High Voltage SID Collection (HVSC) is a freeware hobby project which organises Commodore 64 music (also known as SID music) into an archive for both musicians and fans alike."

HVSC

Make sure you check out the Various folder which is where the majority of the music in the archive is. The archive currently contains 32000 tracks. Enough free music there?

Here's an underground sid to check out today:

Linus - Nightbird. Or if you want to listen to it from the HVSC the location is ...\Various\G-L\Linus\Nightbird.sid

"The High Voltage SID Collection (HVSC) is a freeware hobby project which organises Commodore 64 music (also known as SID music) into an archive for both musicians and fans alike."

HVSC

Make sure you check out the Various folder which is where the majority of the music in the archive is. The archive currently contains 32000 tracks. Enough free music there?

Here's an underground sid to check out today:

Praiser - Sunday Phobes. Or if you want to listen to it from the HVSC the location is ...\Various\M-R\Praiser\Sunday_Phobes.sid