Jump to content

Hold your wee for a Wii.


Airwalker
 Share

Recommended Posts

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/01/15/too-high-a-price-for-a-wii/

It's a rather sad story no? A woman died of water intoxication while trying to score a Wii for her kids in a radio contest.

I think that on top of any lawsuit, the Radio Station should give her family a Wii as a symbolic gesture. It's a silly thing to give your life for, but that's what she ended up doing--it would be sad to see one of her last wishes not held up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You know what makes that more sad? Stupid shit like this always goes down in central California, and this just makes us look worse.

For the record, the only real central californian station anyone should listen to, is 98.5. The rest do these stupid contests all the fucking time.

107.9.... ugh. Apparently, the stupidity runs deeper than their choice of music.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How could the radio station even hold this contest without knowing the consequences? People will do anything especially in this case. The woman also could have avoided it but it's a chance of making her kids happy.

All in all the story is extremely depressing and will probably be in the news for a while.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Damn it, after nearly a year of lurking, I'm forced to come back into activity.

You can't get toxicated by your urine because it's sterile, and surely she'd wash her hands none-the-less, sounds like a hoax to me.

[EDIT]

Wait, ignore that, I read it wrong. Silly woman.

(Goes back into hiding)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Damn it, after nearly a year of lurking, I'm forced to come back into activity.

You can't get toxicated by your urine because it's sterile, and surely she'd wash her hands none-the-less, sounds like a hoax to me.

Huh? You mean her condition? It's called Water Intoxication. It's much more common in athletes who drink too much water and sweat too much. She diluted the sodium in her body too much and so her internal organs started to swell. It's a really nasty way to die, and very serious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

An unnecessary, painful death caused by on overdose water... That just sucks. So, video game consoles apparently have the ability to make people murder their infant child (the xbox incident) and commit suicide. Soon, fanboys will, literally, be at each other's throats in what will soon be the real Console War. Stay tuned

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Although this is a very unfortunate circumstance for the woman and her family, I am somewhat glad that most places covering this story aren't treating it like the situation where the young boy electrocuted himself. In both circumstances the gaming system had little responsibility for the outcome, so it's nice to see it's not getting the blame this time.

Very tragic though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...