OCRA-0003 - Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Hedgehog Heaven

ProjectSpam

I wonder why they used the hedgehog heaven edit (which I think didn't even ended up being the final cover) instead of the original... even more puzzling is that there's no mention of this project elsewhere in the write-up. Odd.

It's actually an official but alternate cover. But yeah, I found all that rather funny myself.

I decided to fix the tracklisting on the back label to match the 'correct' list.

I think two of analoq's tracks were right on the previous version. 8th is Next My Generation from Metropolis Zone, and 19th is Sonik Caves from Mystic Cave Race.

Or did he change the names after??

Hetcenus: I believe there was some track name mixup back when the project was still in progress.

This was taken from the 'Next My Generation' (Sonik Metro) OCR review page:

anyways, long story short:

during the course of the project two of my remix names got mixed up.

this wasn't the one i wanted on OCR to 'debut' the project.

Right.

But...

nah, i'm cool with how things turned out --

so the current names are now officially the 'correct' ones.

cheers.

I had it all sorted out. The mix on OCR now has the original and correct name, i.e. "sonik metro". The Mystic Cave Zone 2-Player mix is "Next My Generation (sonik caves)". analoq titled it "sonik caves" as a WIP but changed it to "Next My Generation" since he felt like ending his streak of tracks with names of "sonik something". Perhaps Aaron can submit the real "Next My Generation" down the road. :-)

• 2 months later...
Uhh... I've got a remix pending to be judged on the last boss theme. If it gets excepted, will it be allowed onto the Sonic Heaven project?

((Doomsday Meets da Funk, which if not rejected, might get a resubmit for mastery... :vomit: ))_

lol no, projects are developed as an entity on their own, and aren't touched afterwards.

I have some news! Qjimbo wrote a tool that allows you to use mp3 files as soundtrack while playing Sonic 2 in the Gens emulator. His goal was to replace the in-game music with the remixes from Hedgehog Heaven. Of course you can use also other mp3s, but the result is great. I made a sample video for him, you can watch it here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=h-GmK9Beq6M

Of course, in the info panel of that video, there is big credit to OCR and stuff ;)

I think this is a great idea, I like to play Sonic 2 with HH as background!

I think it has already been posted in these thread, I guess...
No, it hasn't. I'm sure.

Finally some activity in this thread...

And I WIN!!! :lol:

Also, lol at these thread XD

Oh ok I didn't see that post.

Sorry about that, I posted about the tool because Qjimbo is developing a new version that works with Project Chaos so I thought to give him some spotlight here. I just beta tested the new tool and it's awesome.

Qjimbo is developing a new version that works with Project Chaos.

Damn it leaked!!

Apart than that... I meant that he is developing a tool that is able to interface itself with Sonic 3 & Knuckles, since its sound engine is different than Sonic 2's. And the goal of the new tool is to be used with Project Chaos mp3s. I hope this is better now ;)

Qjimbo is developing a new version that works with Project Chaos.

Damn it leaked!!

Apart than that... I meant that he is developing a tool that is able to interface itself with Sonic 3 & Knuckles, since its sound engine is different than Sonic 2's. And the goal of the new tool is to be used with Project Chaos mp3s. I hope this is better now ;)

Yeah, I know... I asked him to do it :wink: But it was supposed to be a secret, to be revealed on the release date...

BTW, is this now the new official Project Chaos discussion thread?

This "album" is pretty nifty... Some of the tracks make me question just what made them reach OCRs standards (More than a few sounded like midirips), and others feel like they were rushed, but at the same time there are some pretty powerful tracks on there, such as Sadorf's Project Aquatic (although I still have trouble deciphering that it is indeed Aquatic Ruin), Oil Spill (God I loved this track), Hidden Pallace Future, Travelling Through a Dream (Which reminded me of a car commerical), and the great Robeatnik theme.

Overall it's pretty great.

This "album" is pretty nifty... Some of the tracks make me question just what made them reach OCRs standards (More than a few sounded like midirips), and others feel like they were rushed, but at the same time there are some pretty powerful tracks on there, such as Sadorf's Project Aquatic (although I still have trouble deciphering that it is indeed Aquatic Ruin), Oil Spill (God I loved this track), Hidden Pallace Future, Travelling Through a Dream (Which reminded me of a car commerical), and the great Robeatnik theme.

Overall it's pretty great.

Well of course not all the songs are up to OCR's standards, but they dont have to be. It is just a project that is featured on ocr, not all the songs are on the actual site....i think like what...one of them is? heh. Site projects are just lots of people covering most songs from the certain game. While a lot of the songs are not up to ocr standards...there are a couple good ones...like...MINE, like u said...but even so, it is nowhere to be found on OCR :)

I dont know where i was goin with that so uhmm...

bye bye!

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Overall, I thought this was a pretty good album, although it lacked the power that many of the others, especially DSoP and Project Chaos had to them. Some of the tracks seemed to me that they could have been so much more exciting when they instead opted for a more mellow feel overall. I love the smooth, jazzy feel of "Robeatnik's Theme" but after hearing the style of remixes from SnappleMan and Braincells, I keep getting hit by how much more adrenaline-pumping these songs could have been.

Having said that, I love "High Above the Sky" to death.

• 2 months later...

Hey, anyone remember back, before the project was released, a poll that was on the Hedgehog Heaven website? It was a poll on which of the three Robotnik remixes would be on the album and Robeatnik's Theme won. Does anyone have links to the other two remixes that were in that poll?

Hey, anyone remember back, before the project was released, a poll that was on the Hedgehog Heaven website? It was a poll on which of the three Robotnik remixes would be on the album and Robeatnik's Theme won. Does anyone have links to the other two remixes that were in that poll?

I think the other two were Joker's "Flesh and Steel" and one by a guy named Golden Tears (using an odd font). I have Joker's "Flesh and Steel", but I can't give it to you until Friday...unless someone else does it first. :P

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

If you can find my first remix, godspeed. I don't even think I have it anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I think the biggest thing to take away from this album is that too much techno is not a good thing. This is a great album, except for "Sonikku, Ganbatte!" by mario and "Super Sonic Ska" by Blak Omen. Too many sound effects and both of them sound like they were simply ripped from the game and then spruced up a bit. My favorites are "High Above the Sky" and "Is This the End?" "Bring in the Machine" could have been so much better with a guitar.

Over all: Project Chaos > Hedgehog Heaven. >.>