Super Mario 64: Portrait of a Plumber - History

Fishy

I really didn't want anyone to pressure you into it but if you want my honest opinion:

It's genuinely worth the quality of the project to wait for you :P. I think we're talkin something like six months before DKC2 has come out and whatever is after it would be allowed to (cause there's about 3 months between them). So the absolutely earliest earliest possible time it would be needed is towards the end of april; and that's a best case scenario depending on which projects finish first. If we miss that we're talking July etc.

I'm happy to let you back on with no set deadline as long as you bear in mind that those kinda time frames could end up happening if we're doing really well but we'll have to see if that happens or not.

Up to you dude.

Well, I got a sudden burst of inspiration tonight for a mix that, as I envision it, is a mix of Opening Theme, Slider, and Snow Mountain (all three of those themes are kinda similar.) I just improved for about half an hour and the theme clicked pretty well with me. What I've got in my head is a very mellow piano/acoustic guitar duet a la "Dark World Ballad," only less depressing :-P

So, to the project directors, would you allow me to do a remix for "Opening" (since that's the only one that's currently available) that also includes elements from the other two aforementioned sources, since they're all based around the same general melody?

Hrm, possibly. Thing is we've already allowed slider and snow mountain to both have a mix, and they are pretty much identical. You'd have to ensure that the style/feel is very different from the other two mixes. I don't want to end up with overkill on that theme. For that reason I wouldn't mind the opening remix to be short.

(Oh, and non-posted mixers need any old remix to audition with to prove they can meet the standard.)

Well, what kind of style are you looking at for the Slider/Snow Mountain remixes?

Also, would you accept a WIP of the song itself as an audition? Because right now, I'm just getting my feet wet with remixing and, while I think I have a lot of worthwhile ideas in my head, my portfolio is nonexistent and I would probably end up collaborating with someone more experienced to help me get these ideas into fruition (provided that someone is willing - I know you said that you were willing to offer acoustic guitar services, right?)

I'm sure this isn't instilling much confidence in you, but I really feel inspired with this and if I could get some help and advice, I think I could work it to a point where it's presentable despite by limited mixing ability.

I guess I'm just spewing random thoughts more than anything right now, but like I said I feel like I've got the inspiration and I really want to help out with this project in any way possible :-)

You can audition with a wip.

But you've kinda just admitted that you've got nothing else whatsoever that you've made before so I wouldn't get your hopes up (not trying to be mean, just realistic). It's great to hear people want to help out, but just bear in mind (especially from a judge) there's a certain quality ocr expects.

But just fyi; the snow mountain one is trancey type dance stuff, and I'm not sure what danny b will do right now, but he does a number of electronic styles.

Haha, I totally get that too :-P Just making sure I could have some support on that front before I even get started, because there's really no point in trying to simulate an acoustic guitar performance since I know I'd never be able to meet the quality mark without a live performer at least for that.

It's appreciated, though :-) That's the last I'll say on this until I have a WIP so I don't keep spamming up your thread :-P Thanks for your timely responses!

• 2 months later...

I will, unfortunately, be dropping my claim on the ending demo track for the project. I've had about three different takes on it, in different styles, and nothings come out of it that I'm satisfied with. So, good luck with everyone on the project, and feel free to request a presence on OCAD to argue with us hosts about being n00bs and how much we suck and your project rules.

Also, Luigi 4 lyfe

I will, unfortunately, be dropping my claim on the ending demo track for the project. I've had about three different takes on it, in different styles, and nothings come out of it that I'm satisfied with. So, good luck with everyone on the project, and feel free to request a presence on OCAD to argue with us hosts about being n00bs and how much we suck and your project rules.

Also, Luigi 4 lyfe

I hate when claims fall through!

But at least you tried!...

If I didn't smell sarcasm, I'd be puzzled as to what would've made Portrait of a Plumber a bad project...

I hate when claims fall through!

But at least you tried!...

If I didn't smell sarcasm, I'd be puzzled as to what would've made Portrait of a Plumber a bad project...

It's not sarcasm: the project really is going to be great. We OCAD hosts just like being, or looking like, or acting like, complete and total douchebags. It's in our blood. Fishy is the man and it's just easier to goad him into requesting a presence by catering to his ego.

OCAD: We take the internet seriously. Seriously.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to Super Mario 64: Portrait of a Plumber - History