MEETUP: Video Games Live, Washington, DC (6/29-6/30)

big giant circles

I believe one of my friends lives in Ashburn... And if that's the case, then my girlfriend and I can stay there instead of at DJP's... I'll let everyone know soon

That is indeed the plan for my girlfriend and myself. I talked it over with my friend, my girlfriend, and her parents. As of now, I will be taking zirkietricks to and from the meetup, and will be returning with Taucer as well. So my car is completely full. (Side note, Girlfriend and I may be heading down a day or two early to spend some time with her family in Maryland/Virginia, then run up to Philly to get zirkietricks.) That opens up two more spots at Dave's house, and our names can be removed from the "crashing at Dave's place" list...

Note: I'm currently in Indiana... Girlfriend's sister just got married, and I played Trumpet Voluntary for her walk-in. I'd show you the video, but I played horribly... I hope to never watch it.

Alright, so I'm giving this a bump.

One of my friends can't make it, so that frees up a ticket for first come, first serve - my only request is that someone give me the cash for the ticket as reimbursement in person or paypal. I know there are at least 3 people interested in this ticket, so someone better act fast!

As for the hotel - I should be booking the room in the next few days for June 29th & June 30th, and it looks like there'll be one spot open. If someone wants to get in on this, I need a PM - first come, first serve. It's looking to be $119.51 per night for four people, or about $30 per night per person. If someone doesn't want to come to the Saturday night show, that's fine, but if someone wants a place to stay for that too, then there's the hotel - as far as I know it's possibly just me and potentially another friend for Saturday night, but if I can't get others to come along, then I'm going to have to pass for the Saturday night show and just stick around for Friday. My pick looks to be the Hilton Washington & Towers hotel, which looks to be near the Metro and two transfers away from the station to get off at to go to the Kennedy Center.

Edit: Looks like Darkesword is the first to get to me so that ticket is his.

well, i suppose i don't care at this point if the threads merge. the reason i created the 2nd is because with like 20+ pages of people talking about how much the concert is, etc, and nobody really mentioning particulars about the meetup itself or an itinerary of any sort, i created a second.

i've tried to keep all questions answered in this the FAQ thread.

btw, darke, hope you can attend, buddy! that's awesome!

Hey guys, my plan for a place to stay for the weekend (Friday & Saturday nights) fell through :-(, so I was wondering if any of you had extra hotel room space (even floor space is fine; I got a sleeping bag).

I'll of course split some of the cost. Thx in advance!

Is there anybody who can give people going to a hotel ride to a Metro station from djp's place to the nearest Metro station, or if it's too late for the Metro (I don't know how long it runs till), to the hotel itself?

I'll have my car around to ferry people as needed.

Edit: http://www.wmata.com/

It closes at midnight Sunday to Thursday. On Friday and Saturday nights, it stays open until 3 a.m.

Hey guys, my plan for a place to stay for the weekend (Friday & Saturday nights) fell through :-(, so I was wondering if any of you had extra hotel room space (even floor space is fine; I got a sleeping bag).

I'll of course split some of the cost. Thx in advance!

Ah, I missed your post - sure, you can stay with us...are you planning on staying both nights?

Whoever decided on Bertucci's for dinner is an awesome person, because I love the food at Bertucci's.

that would be dave

From Google: http://www.bertuccis.com/Menu_Restaurant_Dinners.php

Doesn't look bad in terms of pricing.

they're not any more expensive than if you were to go to someplace like johnny carino's or the olive garden.