MEETUP: Video Games Live, Washington, DC (6/29-6/30)

big giant circles

$37.44 paid. bgc, should I perhaps come over to K-ville on Thursday? It's no big thing, as I don't work Thursdays or Fridays normally.

Well, I was doing some comparisons this morning of distances and exploring options and such, and it might be better for us to meetup in bristol. it's a straight shot up 26 for you, and a straight shot up 40-81 for me. and it would save one of ua at least 115 miles, and cut out an unnecessary leg of the triangle as well.

pic:

ashevilllevsknoxville.jpg

thoughts? also, is tauce riding with you/us? if so, i'm going to try to secure the van. if not, we'll probably take the camry.

GT, what say you?

I've called Natasha at Group Sales once again, and I'm being conservative with upping our tickets as we're closer to the payment deadline. I've reserved 8 addition seats, and I'll be heading to the Kennedy Center after work tomorrow to sign the additional paperwork.

Row S has 3 seats free behind Row R, then I also got 5 more seats in Row T that are immediately behind the 3 available seats in row S.

In order to be fair, the original 25 reserved seats will go to those who paid first, and I will be going through with Dave to look through the PayPal records and treat the purchases on a FIFO basis.

If we don't get any additional ticket reservations, we'll still have an incredible showing. Everyone make sure to have their OCR shirts handy!

So...Saturday anyone? More VGL goodness?

I'm going on Saturday as well, everyone else be damned! We just need to organize who else is attending the encore show in order to buy a group of tickets together, which I can also handle. Expect to pay full price with these though, $45 + additional charges, but let's see how many people we can wrangle first.

I can't seem to get ahold of mario sunshine, who was going to be my ride. Anybody else going past/through/anywhere near Raleigh on their way?

if all else fails, you may want to check into some bus tickets. they're not all that expensive, and they're cheaper if you buy online in advance. i'd hate for you to not be able to go, bro. this is going to be the meetup of all meetups, so if you do have to spend a little extra $, then at least you know it'll be worth it :)

In order to be fair, the original 25 reserved seats will go to those who paid first, and I will be going through with Dave to look through the PayPal records and treat the purchases on a FIFO basis.

Since I used my school email which has nothing to do with my screenname, do I have to PM you to tell you which tickets are mine or anything?

I wish I had an OCR shirt. :(

Anybody driving down from the north that could squeeze in zircon and myself? We'll be in Philly.

My girlfriend and I are coming from Lewistown. Slightly out of the way... But if you absolutely need a ride, both of you know how to get ahold of me on AIM.

Since I used my school email which has nothing to do with my screenname, do I have to PM you to tell you which tickets are mine or anything?

I wish I had an OCR shirt. :(

Dave can probably bring shirts for purchase.

It's already listed on the first page who paid for the first 25 tickets, so I'll just edit that for the next set of tickets to be purchased.

Yes and no.

I don't know if it made a difference that I didn't mention here that I bought my ticket last night, when it still said 23 of 25.

Oh...well, that would need to be sorted out by Dave then probably. I'm guessing that Andy & Jill will want to stay in the same seating group though, so it'll probably be worked out somehow.

Well now...

This is a pain.

Is anyone coming from near Cherry Hill, NJ at all?

Cause apperantly my ride died (Again... goddamn.. I need a new car.). Now I could take the train but if I can save teh monies its better.

On the plus side, I am willing to bring along my 360 with Halo 3 Beta on it if anyone wants....

Well now...

This is a pain.

Cause apperantly my ride died (Again... goddamn.. I need a new car.). Now I could take the train but if I can save teh monies its better.

On the plus side, I am willing to bring along my 360 with Halo 3 Beta on it if anyone wants....

I doubt we'd be playing Halo 3 there...we'll be having a Wii, and djp has a 360. I'm likely going to be taking the Chinatown bus from Manhattan down to Baltimore, or Amtrak, depending on if my other friend comes. Regardless, I'd be going with my friend in Baltimore to DC, so you're welcome to come with us if you like.

Well now...

This is a pain.

Heh... Which Cherry Hill, NJ? There are two

BGC and RFB, any chance I could come with you guys?

i don't mind one bit. the only problem is, it's almost equally as far from knoxville to raleigh, so i don't know that i'd be really practical...

according to mapquest, here's raleigh to asheville:

Total Est. Time: 4 hours, 2 minutes Total Est. Distance: 251.17 miles

if you could get a ride that far, then that should work. but then again, that's not much farther than your trip up 95 straight to DC, right?

like i said, if you'd be willing to spend the extra time and go a little out of your way, you could take grayhound, at least to asheville. it'd be a blast to ride up with you man.

BGC; that's an interesting coincidence, actually, as the other half of my family (that is, my mother's side) lives in and around Bristol for the most part. So yeah, that's just as good, if not better.

Taucer; if you want to get a ride over to Asheville or drive your car, I'm more than down for giving you a ride up to rendevous with BGC. Also, e-punch Mario Sunshine for bailing. That's kind of weak, considering this is pretty much the eleventh hour for this organizing rides mess.