Arg, where's the Z:TP soundtrack?

wintermadness

I know but its better than nothing. To be honest the TP ost was a huge letdown for me. Only song thats really worth the download was the piano song.

I agree, TP's OST didn't leave much of an impression on me; unlike OoT and LttP's OSTs. Midna's theme (both origninal strings and piano) though is memorable.

Yeah...I've noticed that some people "Gameripped" it, yet I would REALLY love the official soundtrack to be released, too. Nothing beats CD quality!

My theory of why it's taking so long is because there are going to be some "bonus tracks" in there. I recall Kondo REALLY wanting the soundtrack to be orchestrated, yet he couldn't do so due to time constraints. So maybe we'll get a couple of live orchestrated versions of some TP tracks alongside the official soundtrack.

I really dig that "Western Movie" remix of the main theme which plays in the Hidden Village.

The reason why it's taking so long (if at all) is due to the game's performance in Japan. It didn't flop, but it hasn't been able to match Wind Waker's numbers, either.

Really? I didn't realize that. I was under the impression that Wind Waker itself didn't actually sell that well and that this was doing far better. Got anything I can read?

Also, I kind of liked the TP soundtrack but it would have been far better for me if the dungeon themes had been more memorable. I mean, some (most) of them were basically just background noise and not music at all. Ocarina's dungeon themes were fantastic, especially some of the later ones. Anyway, I did like a lot of the other music though.

Incidentally, I haven't liked a trend that's been done a few Nintendo soundtracks as of late. They make a theme that's easy to remember and then incorporate it into or just feature it as the melody in EVERY single song in the entire game. Think New Super Mario Bros, now Twilight Princess, Super Mario Sunshine, maybe even Wii Sports, etc. I mean, sometimes it helps to make a soundtrack more memorable and catchy, but sometimes I'd really prefer they just have a lot of catchy themes instead of one with minor variations. Sometimes it works, too, but you know, I really didn't need to hear that same Hyrule Field theme again in the Gerudo Desert and so on.

Really? I didn't realize that. I was under the impression that Wind Waker itself didn't actually sell that well and that this was doing far better. Got anything I can read?

TP did great in America, but not so much in Japan, where Wii Sports and Play trumped it. Here's the initial sales for the Japanese launch. As the majority of OST sales are made in that country, Nintendo's probably factoring that in terms of releasing a soundtrack.

Wind Waker managed to garner a bunch of sales when it came out through the Master Quest preorder bonus.