OCR01616 - Final Fantasy VII "Valse Aeris"

djpretzel

i loved the music and i think im gonna check out more by the artist since you said his style is orchastrated but only one problem, it seemed like the music just cut short, maybe there was a problem during the upload or something, or does it just die short like that cus it's Aerith's theme:p. lol sorry couldnt resist the corny joke but yeah, it seems like it was cut short or something.

heh nevermind, was listening to one of the other songs and it happened again, all i had to do was refresh my screen and problem solved >.< gonna listen again since i can hear the whole thing now

Sigh. Regardless of its technical merits, I can't understand how turning Aeris' theme into an upbeat waltz is a good use of the excellent source material. Granted, the waltz part of the song ends, at which point you're dragged through an orchestral tour de force of various combinations of instruments with nothing really holding it together, except perhaps Jeremy's desire to show off his artistic prowess. But to me, the abundance of meaningless transitions was a clear sign that this track had no real heart or soul. Without hesitation, I'd take MENBAH's Aeris Remix over this one.

But that's just me!

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe it's my musically psychotic upbringing, but anything that somehow manages to weave both Elfman and Ravel together (among others) already has me salivating. 'Course, I've always loved waltzes too, so that's a definite plus.

Overall, I'd say this piece manages to breathe some vitality into an otherwise stolid and steadfast work. I can see some parallels to FF8's Dance with the Balamb Fish; although, to be honest, I think Valse Aeris is superior by a landfall (I love mah stereo). The increased tempo provides a jauntiness that beautifully undercuts the more somber moments.

Kudos to Robson on this one:-D.

-J

• 3 months later...

One of the most creative Aeris renditions i've heard (and man, have I heard a lot). Fantastic usage of samples, you have a great gasp on phrasing and the ability to make everything sound natural. Even the brass sounds good.

I will be honest and say that i'd like this a lot more if it wasn't the Aeris theme, as I like the melody, but have just been bludgeoned with it for so long, but the parts that were more interpretive, such as the piano solo near the end, and the smaller motifs throughout were beautiful. You've made it sound fresh enough to be listen able repeatedly.

I love your work and am incredibly impressed that you could make me like this song again; thanks. :-)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01616 - Final Fantasy VII "Valse Aeris"