PRC253 - We Have A Winner - A Dream Comes True (A Nightmare On Elm Street)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 253

PRCv10-19

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Last round was a pretty interesting one, 5 songs were submitted. Xsquader claimed victory with a gap of 6 points, the battle for 2nd place was hard, resulting in DrumJ8 and hoboka tying for second place.

This round has one source and is the first regular PRC (with a regular selecting procedure) since PRC248.

I checked past OCRemixes as well as the list of past PRCs and didn't see this one. It is the "Elm Street" music from A Nightmare on Elm Street on NES. It takes me back to when I was a kid and used to play it all the time with my best friend and is a decent length with enough going on where it should be relatively fun to work with.

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/nes/elmst.mid

http://www.nesfiles.com/NES/A_Nightmare_on_Elm_Street/elmst.mid

It's getting difficult for me to find unused sources I am interested in these days lol.

PRC253.jpg

Source: A Nightmare On Elms Street (NES) - Elm Street

MIDI

Wiki

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 20 MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes). If anyone has problems with uploading songs to ThaSauce let me know (in this thread) and post a download link to your song in this thread (so I can upload it to ThaSauce).
  2. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by MONDAY September 16th 2013 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time: check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left.
  3. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can also post the song in this thread if that doesn't work. Then I'll make sure it works.
  4. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted in this thread.
  5. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  6. The winner of this round may select the source for PRC254.
  7. The winners of PRC252, Xsquader cannot take part in this round. However, he is free to submit a bonus mix and his vote counts twice.
  8. You can find the full rules list at this page as well.

EDIT: MIDI link now up, thanks to Xsquader for providing a backup link very fast.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

Edited by Bundeslang

this track does NOT fit the actual movie at all. Ahhh...good ole NES capitalizing on horror genres and turning them into half-assed kiddy games. LJN must buuurrrrrnnnn =D

....but that being said I'll compete anyways cuz the tune is kinda catchy, in an elevator music way lmfao.

Sorry about the disdainful tone but yeah I have a real thing against LJN like AVGN does.

I poked around in it. It does seem a bit tough but definitely doable. I should do a bonus remix but i'm actually trying to finish 4 more tracks in the next couple of weeks for my first album demo lol. So been busy!

For a bonus mix, you can always take a couple of days extra. I don't mind if that's finished later. The only thing is that you can't upload it yourself on ThaSauce, but I can fix that for you.

Yeah um, I know this is somewhat out of custom for this compo, but if no1 else submits a track then I would like DZComposer to win by default - the level of effort between our 2 projects is far enough between that I *know* mine should not be able to trump his, unless there was some serious nepotism going on, and that wouldn't sit well with me q.q