Minecraft [1.7.2/4?]

Gollgagh

I want immortality back, server just killed me whilst loading the map, lost a ton of stuff :/

That sucks. That usually doesn't happen anymore. Ask Crowbar for replacements if you want to. Still, it should be even more fixed in the near future with the next update, I believe. I know Bukkit has it fixed (for whenever our server makes the switch to it), and I think the main game is going to be using some of that code in the update.

We're starting to learn about the new things being included in the 1.3 update coming next week (Tuesday or Wednesday). What we know so far:

- The file system will be updated using a modified version of McRegion.

- Ambient Occlusion will be added (can be turned off).

- Redstone repeaters will be added with configurable delays, and active redstone wires will fade in brightness as you get further from the power source. (

)

- Wooden and cobble half-blocks.

- New game launcher.

- Various bug fixes.

- A secret update.

EDIT: Just saw the PC Gamer article with more details on the update. Added them above.

Edited by HalcyonSpirit

- A secret update.

ಠ_ಠ

I can't read notch's blog any more

it makes me too angry

*goes and checks the blog*

ಠ_ಠ

Edit: Going to add something a little bit more productive, if any update breaks the current map, I would think this would be it. Not going to stop me from bitching if it does, but that's for later.

Edited by phill

http://twitter.com/notch/status/38621269331025921

The new launcher has been released by Notch for testing. It works for me, but some people are complaining about "Too many login attempts" errors. Use at your own discretion.

EDIT: Rock, Paper Shotgun is reporting that the new update will include beds, which will allow you to skip the night, and in a later update will also serve as your new spawn point when used.

It's unconfirmed so far, but I suppose this is what the "secret update" is.

Edited by HalcyonSpirit

http://twitter.com/notch/status/38621269331025921

The new launcher has been released by Notch for testing. It works for me, but some people are complaining about "Too many login attempts" errors. Use at your own discretion.

EDIT: Rock, Paper Shotgun is reporting that the new update will include beds, which will allow you to skip the night, and in a later update will also serve as your new spawn point when used.

It's unconfirmed so far, but I suppose this is what the "secret update" is.

Beds would be awesome. Only problem is that it wouldn't really work with SMP.

The new laucnher now prevents updates, helpful to keep on 1.2 for those who dont feel like downloading/messing with the bin folder and only play on our server

http://www.minecraft.net/download.jsp

The new launcher is prettier anyways so i suggest downloading it either way.

Not 100% sure if we'll go to 1.3 when it comes out or stick with our hmod goodness. We shall see