Old 12-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Link (+1900)

The hip-hop low-fi scratching was catchy and I liked how it moved out of that and back into a more classy arrangement before building back into the more low-fi scratching. A very ear-catching ReMix, to say the least. I enjoyed it quite a bit and if low-fi was my thing, I'd absolutely love it. Very interesting.

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:16 PM
Wesley Cho, Moderator, Maverick Rising/Serious Monkey Business Director
Sheng Long (+10000)

I'm kinda surprised this isn't a Burn mix, since it seems most people who want to tackle FF Legend II loves to do that one. The design of this song is interesting as Dave pointed out, as it doesn't go wholly for the high quality samples typically employed by Ziwtra, but instead goes for a low-fi sound and melds it with a nice cello is it? Somehow this combination works to good effect as an electronic orchestral track that has a rising sound to it.

It's always nice to hear more Ziwtra, he has that quirky style that somehow works whenever he's not doing orchestral.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:17 PM
Taylor Lyndis, Audio Engineering Director
Big Boss (+6000)

I had just finished playing the DS remake of SaGa 2: Hihou no Densetsu (which was masquerading itself as FFL2) when this song came out. As such, the source was ingrained in my brain from hearing it so much.

This song is a wondrous take on it; very faithful while also very unique. Fantabulous job with this one, Ziwtra!

<+overcoat> I am totally a weaboo fangirl | Share & Enjoy now available! Click above! | <jeffball> my balls are everywhere
Old 03-24-2012, 02:09 PM
Jonathan

This track. This track right here.

To say it's simply great would be a gross understatement that frankly should be illegal. This track is absolutely stellar. It's a fantastic mix that pulses and rips through your ears like it's punishing your brain for not knowing mixes this good could exist. The buildup and fanfare sends chills through your whole body. Or at least it should, it certainly does mine.

I'm sure I've listened to this song no fewer than four hundred times since discovering it months ago. It's just that good, taking the already-amazing source tune and supercharging it with funky rhythm and lo-fi scratch arrangements.

This track right here. It's a masterwork.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:02 PM
Jonathan

I truly have to give a shout out to Ziwtra for this one. FFL2 is criminally underappreciated for its music. Personally, I think it has one of the absolute best soundtracks for handhelds in general. The remake, Goddess of Destiny, with its reinvisionings of the original OST, only reaffirm my beliefs. "Heroes" surges it from background music to fanfare-sparkled foreground, pounding into you the journey from sparkly-eyed youngsters to world-saving heroes, if you will.

This song puts in you the bravery of a hundred adventurers, the majesty of a hundred bards, and the wonder of a hundred listeners. This song is exactly what OC Remix is about.

I love it.

Tags
electronic, hip-hop, lo-fi, resubmission, strings, synth