Old 12-21-2011, 01:00 AM
David W. Lloyd, Administrator
Ganon (+8000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

OCR02351 - Wild Arms 'Godspeed'

What did you think? Post your opinion of this ReMix.

djpretzel / www.ocremix.org / www.djpretzel.com / anime mixes
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:18 AM
Wesley Cho, Moderator, Maverick Rising/Serious Monkey Business Director
Sheng Long (+10000)

Theophany and audio fidelity, what an interesting combo here!

There is definitely a great spacey feel going on with this track that is indeed reminiscent of post-rock. I think this is more interesting than a lot of other music in that genre though, as it maintains a strong melody throughout and keeps a feel of progression throughout the song. The build and soundscape here is excellent, somehow finding ways to build even further and keep things varied enough where the arrangement itself doesn't feel basic.

Excellent job you two, you both certainly helped come up with something grand with a high level of execution here!
Old 12-21-2011, 01:31 AM
"Mai Rin"
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)

Oh, I thought there was a rule or something against multiple remixes with the same name XD Although with such widely applicable one, I guess that's different? *thinking of the StarFox remix by The Wingless*

Old 12-21-2011, 01:44 AM
Wesley Cho, Moderator, Maverick Rising/Serious Monkey Business Director
Sheng Long (+10000)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfenAmphithere View Post
Oh, I thought there was a rule or something against multiple remixes with the same name XD Although with such widely applicable one, I guess that's different? *thinking of the StarFox remix by The Wingless*
A bit offtopic here, but there's also two mixes named 'Blue Skies' on OCR, one Chrono Trigger one by DarkeSword and one FFXIII mix by bLiNd.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:57 AM
Link (+1900)

Pretty cool build-up in the beginning of this track. I love how it swells up from a crystal-cave sounding thing and kind of just comes off as a grand atmospheric song with a bit of a driving edge to it. It just keeps going and going, getting heavier, until breaking off a little in the middle of the third minute and going right back to where it started. Really gives off an ethereal soundscape sound and I love it. Another awesome track off of the album.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:34 AM
Shariq Ansari, Judge, Moderator, For Everlasting Peace Director
Sheng Long (+10000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut View Post
A bit offtopic here, but there's also two mixes named 'Blue Skies' on OCR, one Chrono Trigger one by DarkeSword and one FFXIII mix by bLiNd.
My remix is called Blue Skies Over Guardia, not Blue Skies.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:57 AM
Beverley Wooff, Project Chaos Asst. Director
Mother Brain (+4000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

A 4 measure long source. Tricky source to go for, but having seen Theophany's growth within the past year, I'm on solid expectations.

It starts out now with some lovely echoed percussion over sweeping strings, namely music boxes and tambourines, creating this more etheral soundscape. When audio fidelity's bowed guitar came in along with the booming taikos (soon followed by bowed orchestrated strings), you've got the core components of the atmosphere's shifting for sure. Structure-wise it remains very close to the source (though given the length that can be excused), though there has been so much detail placed towards the shifting soundscape that really makes it click.

Production-wise, it can be seen as one of Theo's most detailed and experimental ones with the eerie echo and the implimentation of the bowed guitar; if anything I think the taikos might've overdone it in regards to levels, or that the symphonic strings should've probably had a little more expression especially closer towards the end, but they may be seen as nitpicks to what can be seen as a totally fresh mixing direction.

So yes, I really dig this a lot :D And between this and "Avien", I am with high hopes that Theophany will continue to deliver as a musician and even explore more of the unconventional within the not-so-distant future. Nice going!
Old 12-21-2011, 04:51 PM
Jade Lee Aguirre, ARMed and DANGerous Director
Little Mac (+900)

Please check out Theophany's other work! They're all great tracks.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:52 PM
Little Mac (+900)

Send a message via AIM to Kinslayer Send a message via MSN to Kinslayer Send a message via Yahoo to Kinslayer Send a message via Skype™ to Kinslayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaDE ARaN HaRuNo View Post
Please check out Theophany's other work! They're all great tracks.
I've been listening to WIP's of this track as well as another of his tracks for this project since he got onto the Wild ARMs project, the development of this track actually hasn't changed all that much since the beginning. He knew how he wanted it to sound. Theophany has developed very much as an artist since this project started. Another ReMix on this project. "You Are [Not] Defeated" was in the beginning stages a ReMix that I had wanted to do. But I had no concept at that time of what it actually took to remix a video game song. So I began to look outside the box for someone that would be willing to work with me on a collab. I approached Theophany because I liked his work. During the subsequent two years since I brought him on to the project. I watched his growth personally as I got to be one of the first people other than Jade to listen to his work. Products far better than the original. Striving to do the most difficult sources in the soundtrack, Theophany has persevered not only as a ReMixer but as an artist! I am glad to have gotten to know him these last two years, and call him friend. There is another person here I have gotten to know during the production of this project, and I am glad to call her friend as well. She knows who she is

Last edited by Kinslayer; 12-22-2011 at 05:52 AM.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:20 PM
Frank van 't Ende
Goomba (+100)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Some excellent work here guys .. Such great movement throughout the song .. Love it!

Tags
ambient, cinematic, dark, strings