ANNUAL FUNDRAISER!! Help us take OCR to the next level by supporting us on patreon

Sponsors: Bart Verbeek, Cynical Brit, Matt (aka Antidragon), Michael Beauchamp, Wesley "Bahamut" Cho.. + hundreds of supporters! Thanks!!

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 06:05 AM
Niraj Sharma, Milky Way Wishes Co-Director
Sheng Long (+10000)

Like Claado said, make a list yourself of all of what you think should be in it.
If people want to make requests, tell them to PM you.
(btw I pwnt my own suggestion but we will disregard that)

~*~
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:31 AM
Red Mage (+400)

well... I see you have a problem with "boss overdose"... but it can't be helped... and I feel that I need to post a few suggestions:

- Deus (Xenogears)
- the Sinistrals (Lufia 2, maybe 1 as well)
- Gilgamesh (FF5, not the final one, but a kickass one)

sorry about trying to increase the size of your problem!

Old 07-17-2006, 03:25 PM
Goomba (+100)

Send a message via AIM to Quizzledorf
could there possibly be a boss medley from all the gradius games?
Old 07-17-2006, 03:37 PM
Chrono Symphonic Director
Kraid (+1200)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi_R_[
ed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claado Shou
...so the project leader (for right now, you)...
What? "For right now"? Don't tell me you're serious. Is there really a possibility of me losing out to someone else on my own project?
Oops. What I meant was, "for right now, JUST YOU" considering that you mentioned previously somebody helping you out at the reins. I was simply implying that ATM, you're filling this position alone. I have no doubt you will continue to hold the position for the duration of the project.

Hope that clears it up.

~.C.S.~
Old 07-17-2006, 06:07 PM
Beverley Wooff, Project Chaos Asst. Director
Mother Brain (+4000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Just telling you guys that I have keen interest in making headway with this project when I come back to the "Rainy Country". ;) Thanks again for the mail, Frank.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:44 PM
Banned
Big Boss (+6000)

Send a message via AIM to Nineko
Re: "Crescendo to Chaos" project, recruit/interest

Quote:
ed]ATTENTION: I am looking for a Co-coordinator, preferably with an extensive knowledge of OCR's (and similar sites) well known artists, and good people skills. If interested, PM me. Know that responsibility and dedication come with this title!
I would be glad to be your co-coordinator, but I can't be entitled to do that.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:01 PM
Navid Azeez, The Dark Side of Phobos Director
Sheng Long (+10000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Lemmie chip in with some project leader tips, since apparently my project falls under "successful site project." :P

- Paitence. Having a good song is sooo much better than dropping a mixer early on cause they couldn't meet a deadline. Make deadlines flexible but don't let people step all over you. Constant check ups on mixers may be annoying but they keep everyone in check and remind people that you're in charge.

- Dedication. A half assed project is just that. You better expect to put in a lot of hours of work on this, keep in touch with your mixers, micromanage all the different aspects (art, promotion, torrent distro, mirrors, etc) or else your project will fail miserably.

- Be prepared for drammma. You will not escape it. With mixers, fans, everyone. There will be drama and as project leader, you will have to deal with it.

- Make it look good. This probably wont apply to you now, but eventually your project will be released and it had damn well better look good. Get a nice website, make sure all your tags are uniform and neat, make sure the torrent is nice and clean, all that jazz. Presentation is a huge part of the project.

- Have reliable back ups on hand. Sometimes a mixer will have to drop and there's nothing you can do about it. At least two or three tracks on DSoP were made after the original mixer had to drop for some reason or another and it always helps to have good people you can call on to effectively mix what you need in a short amount of time. Said people saved my project.

- Be prepared for stress. Especially as release nears, expect a lot of stress in many forms.

- Be prepared for harsh criticism. If you can't take harsh critics, you're headed for a bumpy road. No matter what you do, there will always be people that won't like it. Get used to it.

That's all I got at the moment. Hope it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul R Charles Watkins
Now, speaking of unique projects, I'd love to get a hip hop/rap one going, but I wouldn't have the pull within the community to the artists that would do it justice..
I wonder who would?
Old 07-17-2006, 09:47 PM
Bad Dude (+500)

Send a message via AIM to Pi_R_Squared Send a message via MSN to Pi_R_Squared
Ok, Im gonna make this quick.

Arek - Im putting "/culex" onto the list, but should I do that, or keep FF4's soundtrack? They are both the same music, so, which boss (culex or the FF4 guy) is more "badass"?

ocremixfan - Those 3 are on the list.

Quizzledorf - I already answered that. If it's the same boss, yes, a medley can be done. If the gradius games have different bosses each time, then no.

Claado Shou - Sorry about the confusion. You just freaked me out.

Rexy - Thanks for posting like I asked. Now do you see why I asked no one reserve N. Cortex?

Nineko - Thanks anyway. If you dont wish be a co-coordinator, but still hang around and help, I'd be happy for the assistance.

myf - Big help. That sums up a lot of what I need to know. Dedication is important, I know that. Along with "Make it look Good", I ask:

Does anyone here (or anyone you know) have any connections at deviantArt, or a similar site that could set up the album covers and website when the time comes?

And, everyone whos been a big help, thanks. Im glad to see that everyone posting is as enthusiastic about this project as I am.

If theres anything not covered here, tell me. Otherwise, lets get back to work hammering out the details. C'mon, I need more Remixers!

Also, PM me if you have a boss you want to see in the game. I think what Ill do is get a list of 40-60 bosses, have people rank them, and the top 25~35 will make it into the album. What do you think?
Old 07-17-2006, 10:25 PM
Banned
Big Boss (+6000)

Send a message via AIM to Nineko
Quote:
ed]Nineko - Thanks anyway. If you dont wish be a co-coordinator, but still hang around and help, I'd be happy for the assistance.
don't misread my words.
I would be GLAD to be your co-coordinator and help you especially with the technical stuff (mp3 tagging and everything mentioned by myf), and maybe also for the website.
problem is, I CANNOT get such a position, because I've been banned.

still, I'll try to drop here a wip of some Robotnik theme asap.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:39 PM
Bad Dude (+500)

Send a message via AIM to Pi_R_Squared Send a message via MSN to Pi_R_Squared
How would someone even end up banned? What could you have done that's that bad? Or, maybe you just pissed off the wrong guy...

So, can you have any title, or even a presence in special thanks? Maybe Ill whip out a thesaurus and make up a title for you:

Associative Correlative Technical Assistant?

Or, whatever. It's not the title thats important. The help from you is more than enough.

And, I assume this means you are taking Robotnik? If I can ask this early, is it from one game or a medley? I wouldn't be able to pick that out immediately. The genre would be obvious.

IMPORTANT!!!
Robotnik, Bowser, Sephiroth, are all definatley on the album! Others (Gary Oak, Capt. Syrup, Gruntilda) will be decided once 30~40 bosses are ammased as candidates! DO NOT pick a track without posting your choice, and waiting for confirmation, no matter how sure you are that they will be on the album!!
Closed Thread