Dkc 2 Wip...ffs...

HoboKa

Why did you go and submit it? I'm pretty sure it could have been a lot better yet, and now it'll just get rejected in a few months. Learn to be more patient in terms of feedback, PM people privately, ask in #ocrwip. Also, compare yourself to OCRemixes that get accepted and rejected (The more recent, the better), how is your mix holding up in comparison? Let's say you have to at least be above me (mostly in terms of production, though arrangement has to be close as well) before you can even think of getting accepted.

Not bad, but it's a mess of notes and instruments. I think I told you over IM. Your submitted version must be so much better in terms of instrumental cohesiveness (I know the problem), and production, or else you're bound to get a big giant NO. Patience, man, patience. You know I've worked on Swordsman and the new Ticking Clock for much longer than you've worked on this, and I still haven't submitted either.

Don't you like our feedback? Huh?

Not bad, but it's a mess of notes and instruments. I think I told you over IM. Your submitted version must be so much better in terms of instrumental cohesiveness (I know the problem), and production, or else you're bound to get a big giant NO. Patience, man, patience. You know I've worked on Swordsman and the new Ticking Clock for much longer than you've worked on this, and I still haven't submitted either.

Don't you like our feedback? Huh?

NO I DON'T u smell!!! JK, yes i do...I jumped the gun is all :P

Why did you go and submit it? I'm pretty sure it could have been a lot better yet, and now it'll just get rejected in a few months. Learn to be more patient in terms of feedback, PM people privately, ask in #ocrwip. Also, compare yourself to OCRemixes that get accepted and rejected (The more recent, the better), how is your mix holding up in comparison? Let's say you have to at least be above me (mostly in terms of production, though arrangement has to be close as well) before you can even think of getting accepted.

Just to spite you, because you're always riding up my ass and being a big know-it-all d bag. But anyways... :D:D (you know i'm kidding right)

I don't think the speed or tempo is at all a problem, but I'd agree with Daffydd on a few points. You have the piano too loud for to carry the rest of the tune. It's overpowering, like someone hogging up a jam session. Same thing goes with the twangy zynth after 1:15.

Is there some kind of pan flute I hear at the beginning? You should use it more.

Just to spite you, because you're always riding up my ass and being a big know-it-all d bag. But anyways... :D:D (you know i'm kidding right)

Yeah wow. You sure screwed me over by submitting that fast. Boy, that I'm right now convulsing on the ground from your spiting. Good job man.

Seriously, the only thing you did is give yourself another rejection, and now you have to wait 3 weeks before you can submit something else. Idjit.

(YOU KNOW I'M KIDDING RIGHT :D:D:D JK JOKE'S ON YOU)

Yeah wow. You sure screwed me over by submitting that fast. Boy, that I'm right now convulsing on the ground from your spiting. Good job man.

Seriously, the only thing you did is give yourself another rejection, and now you have to wait 3 weeks before you can submit something else. Idjit.

(YOU KNOW I'M KIDDING RIGHT :D:D:D JK JOKE'S ON YOU)

*shrug* 10 char

• 3 weeks later...
Hoboka, if you well finished this one and tried to submit it and it were YESsed, this would be the best Mine theme remix (after Terminator's Kremling Apocalypse)

Damn, work on it I wanna see it between "Featured Remixes" :D

i'll get back to it sometime, I tried to submit it recently - got instantly rejected for being too close to the source lol.

The mining theme is always sexy.

That said, this mix is very chaotic and messy and things. It's hard to describe it... It sounds almost pleasant, but some things are too loud, some too soft, some off beat ever so slightly... And some things stick out like sore thumbs, like that saxophone, other things sound okay.

It's kind of a hodge podge of synths, sounds and things that don't really go together, resulting in the "messy" sound. Maybe?

The mining theme is always sexy.

That said, this mix is very chaotic and messy and things. It's hard to describe it... It sounds almost pleasant, but some things are too loud, some too soft, some off beat ever so slightly... And some things stick out like sore thumbs, like that saxophone, other things sound okay.

It's kind of a hodge podge of synths, sounds and things that don't really go together, resulting in the "messy" sound. Maybe?

Yeah I kinda went overboard on this one to compensate for the fact that its a midi rip :S