http://backloggery.com/ - online gamelog

prophetik music

With regards to game collections - I personally don't find it relevant how the game was packaged. For instance, I acquired Ultimas I-VIII on an Ultima Collection CD that, itself, came in my Dragon Edition box for Ultima IX. But I just listed the games under their own names, i.e. "Ultima V: Warriors of Destiny"; it seems wholly unecessary to put "Ultima IX Dragon Edition: Ultima Collection: Ultima V: Warriors of Destiny". If someone were to give me an original copy of Ultima V in its original packaging for some reason (for collectibility I guess), I wouldn't bother to list it twice; it's the same darn game. Same deal with, for instance, my combo Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt cartridge - I just listed the games separately.

I suppose an updated version of a game would be another matter, but those usually have something else distinguishing the title anyway ("Anniversary Edition" or "Advance" or something).

I suppose an updated version of a game would be another matter, but those usually have something else distinguishing the title anyway ("Anniversary Edition" or "Advance" or something).

I agree with this part a lot. For games like Link to the Past, there's no major overhauls, but enough of the gameplay has been slightly altered to make it worthwhile to re-list it. Things like the Ice Palace being altered, an extra shop in the Village of Outcasts, the Magic Boomerang cutting down bushes and small grass, ect, make it a different playthrough on some level.

Although I might be over-analyzing due to my no-glitch swordless run. Small things like the Boomerang's tweak matter. >_>

Not bad, Didaji, not bad.

I entered the color scheme contest they have going currently, and I also sent in a few suggestions to the anonymous owner of the site. I asked/suggestion about:

-Groups/Grouping: Instead of just having 25 friends you can be part of a group that has it's own members, it's own "Group" statistics and can be browsed through. This would make the twenty-five friends more personal than just "He's mah buddy from OCR lolsup".

-Game Name Standardizing: Like Animae said, statistics are too hard to properly account for when people are spelling it The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past, LoZ: LTTP, ect. I asked that having name standardization would not only make formats look better but account for site-wide accurate statistics. So when you look for "Legend of Zelda", you're only going to find multiple games, not Ocarina of Time formated seventeen different ways.

-Game Name Box Enlargement: Asked if it could be extended a little further since "Mega Man Anniversary Collection - Mega Man: The Power Fighters" wouldn't fit. :\

I also asked about, if he/she did do the GNS, that "Collection" styled games could be formatted so you can have each individual game on your list as a separate game. Just because you beat Sonic 3 on the Sonic Mega Collection doesn't mean you did anything to Sonic 2, and you don't have enough space in the Notes to accurately reflect that.

We need more people to join this. Spread the word and suggest stuff (like what I've posted, for example :<), to make the site better.

Thanks :) Im not so good at making banners and things, but i like this one, got to change the font on the name i think, looks weird.

EDIT: Font changed :D

• 3 weeks later...
Hey, I played the shit outta that :D

this does however make me want to finish my games instead of just having them in a shelf so I guess it's a good thing

EDIT: how the f*** do you add friends? :3

go into your 'options' screen, and add them manually there. the first three go on your right-hand sidebar (OMG SIDEBAR)

I'm in this now.

How are you supposed to edit existing games that you've, say, recently completed but hadn't before?

NEVERMIND I JUST FOUND IT

I refuse to put the list-sig in my sig on principle though. Anyone wanting to see my profile gets half a guess as to what my username is.

I used to be an utter completionist but that's dropped of somewhat in recent years.